The upgrade bug is itching really bad, and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Conan The Barbarian, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Vincent2077

Vincent2077 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega8/RTX4070 Super
    so what ?
    i'm ending this here, like I said, get some 1st hand user experience with 4070/s/ti,or just read what people write here.
    until then, i'm not even gonna comment on your sour grapes mentality.

yeah, adding vram to cards that lack features to use it is like putting racing tyres on a family sedan that you use for fishing trips. I haven't seen any vram issues, and I play latest single players exclusively. Frankly, you'll run out of gpu juice well before you ran out of vram on any 4070 card, but at least 1440p max is possible, unlike 7800xt/7900gre.

Console level RT isn't really that much different from no RT. Let's stop pretending RT has not evolved in those 6 years. TBH, "console level rt" is more of a gimmick than actaul rt/pt, as it takes a performance hit without really doing much to image quality.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    Krizby likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    HU just did the review. You can see how R5 5600 performs with a modern gpu

3. Conan The Barbarian

Conan The Barbarian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Good video. The Ryzen 5600 is still putting up a good fight.

Undying likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    so rtx in avatar is console level??? i don t think so, it has one of the best rtx implementations for pc

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    u can t compare, u went from one generation to another, 6800xt in many titles is not even close to 3080 performance, so in ur case u didn t change from 7800xt to a 4070ti...u totally upgraded a generation of gpus....so not relevant here tbh

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes and cannot be turned off. RT is enabled by default and 7900gre is faster than 4070super in that game.

Depends on the game, they usually trade blows. There are examples where 3080 cant max out the game using very high textures especially at higher resolutions due being vram limited. 6800xt has no such problem.

7. Conan The Barbarian

Conan The Barbarian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Dude we get it. You love AMD and you love having 16gb of Vram, but you've been spreading a lot of fake news for a while now.

GoldenTiger likes this.