1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultra-wide club

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by wavetrex, Aug 29, 2017.

1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX VEGA 64
    Yes, aware of that, but @3840x1080, it's literally half the stress of 4K on my GPU's, hence I can max out all ingame setting. Plus, I like the super UW view the monitor afford.

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    They announced a new 1440p version as far as I’m aware.
    After seeing the higher resolution, I wouldn’t want to go back to anything 1080p anymore.
    The stress is severe though.

3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX VEGA 64
    Regardless, I went ahead and bought it, should have it by tomorrow....free delivery as it's too big to fit into a regular car.

4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX VEGA 64
    The shop that I'd bought the monitor from did an early delivery, I didn't even clear up my 21:9 monitor space on my desk.
    [​IMG]

Pardon my messy desk, I wasn't prepared for them to deliver the monitor today....looks great though, I had Metro 2033 Redux running just to show the sheer amount of screen real estate.
    [​IMG]

The1 and lmimmfn like this.

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    ^^That looks fantastic, I would be all over it if it was 1440p

6. Shataan

Shataan Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3
    I was considering the Samsung 49 incher. but after looking at the images height on these monitors, it seems like some of the image on top and bottom seems cut away. Width is amazing. But the height seems to squish the image. And it seems like there is top and bottom image loss.

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX VEGA 64
    After playing some games on this Super Ultra Wide (SUW), I find it not quite suitable for fast, action packed FPS games like UT3.....there's just too much to take in twisting, turning, jumping while fragging at the same time. Buuut, for games like HL2 series, Metro series, Battlefield series and such, where you walk and run around in a less frantic pace, the extra width does convey more visual info for better awareness of the surroundings. I've not tried an racing games, other than the demo of Forza Horizon and it was just stunning, there's just so much more to see. Will be back with more impression (IF I have any more that is)....

Anyway, I have my RTX 2080 Ti hooked up to my Acer XR341CK when I wanna play fast paced action FPS like Serious Sam series, UT series....so, I ain't gonna miss out on anything.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018