The Surge 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 6, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

release date: sept 24

Netherwind and serbicu like this.
  2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    First one was really an underrated game! More than sure I'm going to love this one too :D

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I just got the first one! Now I have one more reason to finish it... xd

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
  7. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
  8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Whys there an offline function? The game has no multiplayer/coop etc. at all.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Apparently its running on Vulkan api now.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    runs well with a 2080 ti @ 4k maxed out , surely more fun to play than the original

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Yeah, not bad. :D

Somehow the game folder contains Vulkan-1.dll from 1.1.70.0 WTH kinda reason they have to override the runtime .dll considering there's been multiple newer releases since up to 1.1.120.2 now which granted mainly are for SDK and extensions but do occasionally contain bug fixes too.

Out it goes!

EDIT: Ohh experimenting with ray tracing eh?

settings.vulkan.json

{
    "backbuffer_size" : [1920, 1080],
    "gpu_device_id_hint" : 0,
    "vsync" : false,
    "vsync_adaptive" : false,

"renderer_config" : "default.vulkan",
    "material_pass_config" : "default.vulkan",
    "gpu_program_config" : "vulkan",

"quality_settings" : "high",

"validation_enabled" : false,
    "renderdoc_layer_enabled" : false,

"event_polling_disabled" : true,
    "slack_messages_disabled" : false,

"ray_tracer_enabled" : false
    }

though settings.vulkan.final_build.json doesn't have that line and a few others.

Wonder what kinda terrible things I can do with this config file and a few others and is the game using dynamic resolution or not oh well rip and tear!

EDIT: Ohh everything else is all text too and is that a dev menu and some traces I can use. Fun times ahead!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Undying likes this.
  12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I hope that this game improves on the original Surge. I want them to then use all the gained improvements to Lords of the Fallen 2! :D

13. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    This is one of those games where I cannot understand why there is a second..... did the first really do that well?

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    The game seems to take care of some problems of the first game, and also enhance it with some other things. better bosses. still a bit corridor based , without open environments.
    I do like it though, it is hard, and greed is severely punished. lol

it does suffer from performance drops, so lets hope for a update and driver soon.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Feels a bit more mainstream or generic though but it does also do a lot more of the same but with some tweaking although combat feels a bit less weighty though also a bit faster although I am basically swinging some early low-grade junk around as I'm "chopping" for the right parts to bolt on or swing in a endless cycle of "Give me better bits!" which I suppose once again extends to bosses and do this and get regular weapons or do it like this and get a slightly different somewhat higher tier variant often with an additional effect. (Not always easy and there might be more non-respawning enemies around making it count whether you sever or not and how you go about assembling your little bits of bots to bolt on heh.)

Also quite sure it's nigh on impossible to make a younger looking dude so I settled for Mr Middleage Man overworked and psychotic swinging those ER paddles in a state of pure rage like a pugilist of perfection but only thinking about having to do yet more overtime because the *beeping* system crashed again. :D
    (Ohh I survived a accident and now everything is in chaos and here's a violent inmate I probably should be scared but instead I'LL RIP THE GUY IN HALF! .. OK then. Ohh new shiny sharp object!)

Well with the medical station music from hell who wouldn't be a bit unstable having to hear that on repeat FOREVER.

EDIT: Yes criticize the story and progression and pacing in a video game oh well it's still kinda funny but it's also a gameplay thing so it is what it is besides it works and can be quite fun.

17. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Seeing a lot of people say this one is a bit better than the last, bit of a poor idea to launch this just days before CODE VEIN though since they're quite similar.

How fast is the combat? Sekiro "fast" or Souls slow?

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Ah, now i see. Its like DS. You can tag symbols in the world and place some kind of beacon flag where you get scrap? after 60 minutes when no one found it where you placed it.

I had some performance problems, too at the beginning, it was super weird. Then i changed a little vsync on/off/adaptive, disabled it again and enabled fastsync in nvcpl, so i restarted the game and now it runs way smoother.. somehow the changes where not really applying if i didnt restart the game. .oO

@SSJBillClinton

The Surge 2 release date was longer announced than Code Vein. I dont see why Focus../Deck 13 should postpone it only because of Code Vein release in 2 days. Combat is more like Sekiro fast if you ask like that.

19. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Well yeah, but releasing a not very hyped up sequel to a game that wasn't that well received just before a game that's been hyped up to hell and back with way more marketing is going to cannibalise sales.

Good to hear about combat speed though, Souls-y combat is cool but it just needed more to it or the pace stepping up.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    I don't think it overlaps entirely with Code Vein and Code Vein's various problems and delays might see it less popular than the publisher wanted from what I am hearing on the beta though I am curious on how it will turn out though from the beta to the recent (Console only.) demo I'm not hearing much of a difference for the complaints.

...It's asset re-use Dark Souls and they slapped boobs on almost everything and gasmasks on everything else sometimes both so yeah I'm picking up both games personally, hack & slash month from what it's looking like. :D

https://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Code_Vein/ss-169.jpg
    (Another Londor, kinda.)

Loved Lords of the Fallen for what it was and enjoyed a spin of it's mechanics into a futuristic setting with The Surge so what I've played so far feels quite similar but feedbacks been a bit more mixed but then it sounds like expectations were also a bit all over so from more of the same to the devs (Somehow) learning from the former game and making some huge big budget sequel that got everything right and was overall better. (It's often a bit in-between.)