The Stanley Parable

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, Oct 14, 2013.

1. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    nice that the Demo is out Finally :)
    i played teh Original mod and thought it was an great idea, hehe.
    Im very interested in the new (HD)Remake so to say...
    Thanks for teh Heads up mate.

BetA

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I tried it last night and it made me chuckle. I could have sworn the superb voice-over was Stephen Fry but it isn't, although the guy sounds very similar. Provided the final "game" is sensibly priced then I'd certainly buy it just out of curiosity as I've not played the original mod. Calling it an HD remake is pushing it a bit though when it's using the decade-old very, very dated Source engine and very poor textures, not that graphics really matter with this title.

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Yep, pretty much an HD remake, game engine be damned.
    The original mod had several endings, depending on what you do.
    To top it off, the narrative responded to almost every possible action you could think of, so the mod felt rather...dunno, organic?

I just hope the final game can raise the bar over the one the original mod has set rather high.
    From the demo, I can be around 80% sure. =b

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I bought the game last night and it is utterly bizarre. I really don't know what to make of it even though I "beat" it. It is very funny. I love the narrator who keeps making me want to do the opposite to what he says. I guess that is really the point of the game and the humour stems from that. It isn't really a game, is it?

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Its a choose your own adventure game really, with like, hundreds of little choices, some that matter some that don't, but also looping and subtly different each time

Its not always doing the opposite of what the narrator says either, some hidden stiff around there

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I bought it last night too and its fantastic. I've so far found 4 different endings and each one is weirder than the last.
    Trying to get the room 430 achievement is pretty funny too.

10. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    People seem to be raving about the game so I bit the bullet and purchased it

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Suffice to say this game is about as big as you want it to be.
    Should you choose to only follow the given path, then that's the entire game for you.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There's apparently multiple endings, which surprised me as my impression of the game was that, while it lets you take detours, those usually end in death except for the one you get if you follow exactly what the narrator says. If you do that then the entire game lasts about 10 minutes tops.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    There's like 10 endings or so, wether these end on deaths or not doesn't really matter, still an ending

14. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The original mod also had multiple endings; I think it was around 3 or 4.
    Detours also took you into a rather dissimilar path from one ending to another.
    I still remember the one where the mod "errors out" to a blank space in one of the paths. =b

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Hahaha, I managed to get the Confusion Ending last night, which has to be the funniest thing I've ever experienced in a game... ever! I was literally laughing my head off. Sooooooooo funny. The Stanley Parable is definitely not a game in the conventional sense but it still manages to be extremely entertaining despite its initially simplistic exterior.

16. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Is that the one with the yellow line? That one was my favorite.

Another good one....pull the plug out of the wall in the room with the phone.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, that's the one.

Triggered by attempting to open a door several times, i.e. clicking madly on the handle, then it just goes completely barmy in a good way! It's just so funny. I even got to see a few of the otherwise closed off areas too.

I didn't even know you could do that as while you can click on things, that seems to be as far as the interaction goes. The demo asked me to pick up a coffee cup and put it in a bin but that's not possible in the full game as far as I know.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  18. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Steam Train, one of the series ran by the channel GameGrumps got a customised version of the Demo to play which says their names and has other unique stuff, check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnxXJyOJ0s

19. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

Planned Release Date: 27 April

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1703340/The_Stanley_Parable_Ultra_Deluxe/

Everything that was in the original Stanley Parable is here, preserved just like it was back in 2013. But The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe also dramatically expands the world of the original game with new content, new choices, and new secrets to uncover. The labyrinth has just gotten bigger.
    In addition, the game has been visually upgraded to reflect modern technology while faithfully preserving the tone of the original game. Accessibility features have also been added to the game, including localization of in-world text, colorblind options, and content warnings.
    And just as before, the impeccable voicework of Kevan Brighting will accompany you every step of the way.

[​IMG]

In The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe, everything you remember has been recreated, yet it's different somehow. We've been here before, haven't we? Is Stanley still the same as he was back then? Or is it you who has changed?

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Proably the best indie game ever made.