"The Sims 3" game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jeffmorris, Jun 4, 2009.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I searched the Internet for reviews of "The Sims 3" game. Some people say that it's good game and other people say that it's bad game. Is "The Sims 3" game worth buying? I played "The Sims 2" game for a few weeks last year and I thought that it's a good game.

2. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I will receive the collectors edition today, but i've already played the leaked version.

My gf is a huge fan of the series so i let her play since she has more experience with it than me.

Her words: "Is this The Sims 3 or just The Sims 2?"

Which means that the game offers nothing more compared to TS2. Sure, some new water effects, but overall the gfx for instance is sometimes a bit better than TS2, but sometimes TS2 looks better than TS3.

Mind that you can't do much in TS3, you can't go on holiday, you can't have pets, you can't go to college..... you get the point? That will be added in the upcoming 20+ expansions for the game.

After playing for 2 weeks my gf came with the following conclusion: "I'm better off with playing TS2. Sure... TS3 doesn't have anymore loading screens, but the game is just empty."

EDIT:

Plus my gf has almost the same rig as my main rig to the left apart from her videocard which is a GF 7950GT 512MB PCI-e and that card can run the game perfectly with everything on max and AA on max.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  3. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Here are some screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I haven't played it much but I got those 1000 points for registering the game, quite a lot of stuff on the store site but some of the content is even free, Riverview for example which is a second town area.
    (Not that different from the first town aside from layout in my opinion.)

Having only played Sims 1 briefly as my sister got it a while ago (Before Sims 2 and numerous expansions.) I say it's quite a good improvement and also seems a bit more light-hearted but I can't say how it is compared to Sims 2. :)

EDIT: Verification image. :nerd:
    [​IMG]
    (List is a bit expanded due to some titles having several extras under them, in addition to the above there's Burnout, Godfather 2, Mirrors Edge, Crysis and Warhead. - Spore Space or what it's called will probably be added soon as well as it'll retail later this month.)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  6. xcalibur+

xcalibur+ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4670 512 DDR3
    well, me too..
    actually the leaked version are the one who already downloaded before the official game was released (June 2) and EA says that that "leaked" version is not the full game after all.

you might want to have a look here

the sims developer targeted the sims series so it can run on low end machines so people could play it. it doesn't need to have some amazing graphics. they just focus on the gameplay. that's simply one of developers strategy to get high selling on pc games..

7. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    I didn't intend to get the game, but my kid wanted it, so i checked it out.

It looks a lot like sims 2. There are some nice new features, like the open world.
    But i played the sims 2 back in the day before there were 500,000 expansion packs.
    It feels alot like sims 2. Just another sims game, which will no doubt have a shelf in walmart dedicated to it and it's expansions.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If you liked Sims 2, you'll love Sims 3. It's better in every department... Some people just hate it, don't know why, maybe half of them just out of principle...

9. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    [​IMG]

Jessica Simpson???

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Some modifications for the game. :)
    http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=414&showType=2&gs=2
    (Beats that exchange stuff where you mainly share existing content but in new colors or share pre-made houses and sims, that said there's some pretty odd stuff out already such as Barack Obamas family or Addams, heh.)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009

11. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    :wanker:

12. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Bought the collector's edition. Had some stability issue, but I think I've solved them myself. That EA download manager is utter garbage, and I turned off edge smoothing, and that seemed to solve my problems.

Been playing it now, and I like it, though I don't love it totally. It doesn't require huge hardware to play, but the available paint colors for your walls--not pretty. I can't wait for custom sims, though. I'll let the people with no lives create them.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  14. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Really surprised that in a game as in depth as this, you can't change the chest size of the females.

Devastated.

15. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I went to Best Buy store but they are out of stock of both versions of "The Sims 3" game. They have hard-cover books for the game but I didn't buy it.

16. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I ordered the game from Amazon yesterday morning and I got it in the mail this afternoon! I tried it out and it was OK for now.

17. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    The number of expansions is rediculous.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  19. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    No problem: :D

20. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    After living in a "mobile home", how do I buy an unoccupied house and move into it?