The Samsung Galaxy S23 is rumored to cost an additional 150 Euros (+specs)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    mbk1969 and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. Eno9

Eno9 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070
    I wish Samsung good luck selling them at an even higher price, the previous generation where already too expensive to begin with.

3. ImmortalicBrad

ImmortalicBrad Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Max-Q
    This is all speculation since nothing has been confirmed yet. I hope it's not true because that is ridiculous... No way the S23+++ Ultra Super Extreme Edition should cost $1726 USD. I wanted to get it as my work phone, but $1700+ is a stretch. It's getting out of hand what they're listing these for, and what is going to make it worse is --- People are going to continue to buy them nevertheless cause they want new and shiny things. So people like myself that are willing to hold out on a purchase for a fourth year and wait till the 5 year mark on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ wont even be making a point to the retailers/phone companies cause there are soo many people out there still willing to accept spending close to $2000 for a phone. Sheesh....o_O

4. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Smart informed buyers are no long the target audience. There's apparently enough stupid people out there with more money than they know what to do with. Almost getting into whale territory as the distribution of wealth is all out of wack.

5. RyuzakiL

RyuzakiL Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-1070
    Since there are morons out there that purchase Nvidia RTX 4000 series, Samsung changed their target audience to said idiots, hence the additional 150 Euros XD

GSDragoon likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Do you guys not have phones? :D

7. Boavista

Boavista Member

GPU:
    GeForce GT 1030
    Back in the day, the reason there was an arguement against Iphones was that they were pricey compared to respective flagships from other manufactures. In my country they would cost about $250 more so even though it was arguably the bettter phone the price gap did not justify it. Welcome to 2023 where an entry level Samsung costs more than an entry level Iphone by $150. Wonder what features Android nerds will justify this on now.

8. Mangus

Mangus Guest

????
    the entry samsung phone costs 180€ do you know an iphone that costs 30€?
    in my country the s22 "normal" costs less 200€ than the Iphone 14
    maybe android nerds are telling the truth and not blind sighted

LaDeX likes this.
  9. LaDeX

LaDeX Member

GPU:
    GTX1080 STRIX A OC
    Cheapest Samsung I found in Finland is 130€ (A04s). Cheapest iPhone 500€ (iPhone 11).

Mangus likes this.
  10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Well, if the Samsung S53 doesnt get the same treatment, buy that instead for the same price or less.
    It has a larger battery and high end features.
    A friends phone lasts longer than a week on a charge, he lets me know every so often.

edit, oops, he has an A53, not sure if the same value applies to the S class.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023

11. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Still using an S8, lol, and will change it only when it dies completely.
    And that one came after an S4, and that came after a dumbphone.
    That's how "often" I swap my mobile...

I will never be able to understand those that need to have the latest and greatest model no matter how expensive it is. Brainwashed phone-zombies...

Venix likes this.
  12. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Meanwhile I got last year the Poco x3 pro 8/256 for 220 euros ... And I am more than happy with it! ! I really can not find any justification to pay 1000 extra for a flagship !

13. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    A smartphone must be small, cheap, if possible "bendable" some day in future and durable like leather, so I can use it like my leather wallet.
    There's nothing more boring than a smartphone. Still on a S10e. Years ago, it was the smallest some kind of "up-to-date" phone I could get, think it was €350.- or so, new.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I just keep buying $200-$300 Motorola phones and they keep doing the job. Boring but good.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    High end phones nowadays are more fashion items than gadgets, and there are plenty of people who don't mind paying big bucks for them...

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I bought a Samsung A52s last year for €300, really happy with it. I do not need a €1500 phone at all. Times have changed. Now the cheap variants are fast enough for apps and internet. That certainly wasn't the case in the past.

carnivore, Glottiz, Venix and 2 others like this.
  17. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    My first "high end" phone cost me £300. I won't pay more than that nowadays.

18. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    +1 yep as far it can browse the internet play videos and mp3 and make calls I am set ! The only reason I changed my xaomi note 4x 2018 140 euro phone on 4 years was cause I broke it's screen ! Else it was more than covering my needs !

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Yaks, people still buying Scamsung??
    Their phone have some good things, like camera and screens, but the rest is just OK, not the high end i expect.

Still, Huawei make the best phones overall, it's a shame they don't have Google.

Currently using the ROG6 as a daily driver, and i don't see the S23 touching it at all(except cameras, of course).

20. Boavista

Boavista Member

GPU:
    GeForce GT 1030
    I suppose i did not specify that i meant entry level samsung FLAGSHIP. Odd how anyone would think i'd be comparing the pricing of an iPhone 14 with some 200 Euro Samsung Android that lags outside of the box, in a thread about the latest pricing of the FLAGSHIP Samsung S23.

Also, i understand that over the course of a year a Samsung does get cheaper than an iPhone, but people don't want to wait a year for they're favorite brand phone to depreciate in value just so that it makes more sense to buy over an IPhone. If they do keep this pricing on release it will be more expensive than the cheapest iphone on release.