1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE

Hi there

You are lucky there, friend Palit RTX 2080Ti have Micron VRAM modules with which I just couldn't OC VRAM beyond 700MHz, I stayed on that GPU at 600MHz as max to be on safe side

Most of Samsung memory should do 1000MHz easy, tried like EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC and few others and we are on most of them could OC Samsung memory to at least 850MHz and 1000MHz has been possible and with some 1100MHz too

Friend Palit RTX 2080Ti at stock clocks with power limit set at max, voltage at max will do 2025MHz as yours and clocks stay there as his temperatures are good at 42-45°C that's with single 360mm radiator which is cooling CPU 8086k with 5.2GHz, max OC we could achieve is 2131MHz which usually drop to 2100MHz when we are reach 39°C or something around that figure

Yes temperatures will go up if you are OC that's unfortunate and normal, Turing GPUs are running bit hotter than old Pascal GPUs, this is my view there

You can try 1000MHz on VRAM if its stable, which I would hope so you will be, I'm running on my Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP 1000MHz on VRAM, for gaming 600-850MHz is more than enough, in rendering I just couldn't OC RTX beyond 2050MHz as I will see TDR which is strange

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah, I guess I got lucky with the Palit card.As a matter of fact, there was only palit and galaxy in stock at that time, so I went with Palit. Usually I buy Asus or Zotac brands, but when not found, my third choice is Palit for some reason.

Will try to tweak some more just to see how much can I squeeze out of it. Not much I gather on air.

Thank you for your tips.

3. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac

I don't have the game, is somebody shooting during that itme? Looks like a weird refelction glitch. Could be driver or game.

Do you have Metro exodus to test RTX? do you have the new RTX 3D Mark benchmark to test RTX?

Imo it's hard to say if that is hardware related judging by the video and 1 game alone.

Maybe try DDU + clean reinstall and verify game files of BF 5?

fOrTy_7 likes this.
  4. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    you can try to give lower voltage points higher offset to compensate, as long as they are stable, but yeah there's many limits on the card, in demanding games the voltage isn't stable.

5. cole2109

cole2109 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    My new toy :D
    Temp max 70 °C
    GPU 2130MHz up to 55°C stock BIOS.
    Average 2085-2100MHz

Memory is on stock right now, i don't know what's with those dying cards :confused:o_O
    I have micron chips, but there were already dead cards, with samsung memory. Sooo what to do :(

[​IMG]

-Tj-, pharma, jura11 and 2 others like this.
  6. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    my micron memory is going strong since day one.

Just don't overdo it and put a +1000 in there 24/7 that might be too much and hardly benefical. I would try to see if memory OC has significant impact in benchmarks before going higher than 300. I have mine at +300.

that chip clocks very high, you got a good one.

7. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I don't have Metro Exodus. I might need to buy it just to test the card.
    3D Mark Port Royale and DLSS tests look ok I guess. At least I do not see anything unusual in them.

There is no shooting in that scene. There is a lot of fire in that map. Burning building, some vehicles, etc.
    But it shouldn't lit the whole screen, at least if point of view is not near an explosion.

I found a video of a guy playing this section (starts 24:15) on 2080Ti in older game version without DLSS.
    He has a lot of stuttering, but not artefacts, glitches.
    For me disabling DLSS doesn't change a thing, it is still blinking every few seconds.

It would be great if someone could just check it on current version of game, how it looks.

8. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    I wouldn't conclude a card issue it would also show in port royale. It looks like a weird explosion with over the top reflections. I would simply tip on something software. You still have warranty down the line if something comes up, no reason to go paranoid.

9. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Yeah, but it kinda sucks having paid for a new card so much and find out it might be broken.

I verified game cache, and I always do a clean isntall using Nvidia installer. I don't use DDU, though.
    I was hoping someone would give a feedback about BF V here.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Just don't install 418.91 cause they truly suck.

There is an impact for sure but unknown exactly how big it is in games using higher resolution. In Firestrike (Test nr.1) the difference between stock and +600 on the mem was about 2.5 fps :) I'm currently running at +600 and it's working so far.

11. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi guys

Not sure what has happened, updated to 1809 just after 3DMark released their Port Royal, after that I didn't done any benchmark, just rendered with GPUs where I didn't seen any difference in rendering, although performance has been bit poor, I thought so its down to settings

Few days ago switched from dual PSU setup(Seasonic XM2 1250W and Corsair RM750W) to single Superflower Leadex 8pack 2000W which I bought from friend, he bought this one for his render workstation but this never materialised and he used this PSU with 7900x and SLI shunt modded GTX1080Ti and done several tests after swapping the PSU

My Cinebench score has been in 1392CB,which I know is stock Cinebench score for 5960x my score for 5960x with 4.5Ghz is around 1690-1705CB what I know

Done 3DMark Firestrike, Time Spy and few other benchmarks and I lost something around 4000 points in total

Tried several drivers, check OC with CPU-Z and there has been correct 4.6Ghz, same with HWiNFO where max frequency has been 4.6Ghz, SIV64 reported same 4.6Ghz

Checked IOPS which has been lower by 20k which is lot

Then I tried to play game, tried only Assassin's Creed Syndicate with "Purity" SweetFX mod and at 3440x1440 with all settings at max I seen very low FPS

I didn't change any my BIOS settings etc, running same voltage like prior to 1809 update

After that I knew something is wrong, updated BIOS on my ASRock X99 WS which returned some scores back to normal or they're close to previous but still they're not same, in some cases they're lower by good margin like in 3DMark by 1000 points, Unigine Superposition scores are lower by 500-1000 points, Cinebench scores hard to say, now running 4.7GHz on my 5960x and scores are in 1735-1790CB, same scores I could get previously with 4.6Ghz

IOPS is lot better with BIOS update which is now like I remember

This bloody Windows 10 1809 update caused lots of problems which I didn't resolved yet, don't want to reinstall Windows as I have lots of SW installed and reinstall will be painfull to do so

Wish I done tests after updating to 1809,then I would downgrade back to 1709, live and learn

Literally I hate Windows 10 with their updates etc which you can't uninstall

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

pharma, sKutDeath and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X SLI
    So my MSI RTX 2080Ti Gaming X Trio came with Micron GDDR6 modules and both my Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti OC and my new TITAN RTX came with Samsung GDDR6 memory modules. About to order a second Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti OC and I hope it also comes with Samsung memory because I plan to NVLink the Asus cards on my i9 7980xe and Asus Rampage VI Extreme.

Has the rumor going around saying that the Micron memory was cauusing the artifacting been debunked?

13. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    there's been people with samsung memory having the same issues I tihnk, some people on the NV forums claimed theirs doing the same thing.

cole2109 likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Incoming.
    Sucks to have to read 93 pages to get up to date again.

pharma and XenthorX like this.
  15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    You're getting one too? :D

XenthorX, pharma and Maddness like this.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    It's at home already, thanks to @RPGgamesplayer ;)
    Waiting on my waterblock currently, should be here by next week the latest.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Welcome to the club my dude.
    Getting that beast on H2O will make it keep that sweet OC without a problem I'm sure ;)

pharma likes this.
  18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Well that's the idea behind it, keeping the boost :D

19. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I've only played a few hours of Metro Exodus and got my first graphic glitch.
    Has anyone seen this before?

Game graphic setting:
    1440p
    RTX ON (High)
    DLSS ON
    All other settings Ultra
    Driver 419.17

Metro Exodus (Epic Games store version). Fully patched.

20. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Seems a bug from the game itself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.