1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X SLI
    The MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMING X TRIO also comes with Micron memory. I have an Asus ROG STRIX 2080Ti OC and a TITAN RTX and those come with Samsung memory modules (so says GPU-Z).

I have the MSI 2080Ti Gaming X Trio (Micron memory), Asus Strix 2080Ti OC (Samsung memory), the Titan RTX (Samsung memory), and I just got in the EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 (have not opened the card or installed/tested yet so I don't know what memory it uses). All I can say is that all three cards I've tested work perfectly fine and the MSI and Asus both overclock pretty nicely (but I don't normally OC my GPU's unless I just wanna see how high they can go). Normally I leave them at how they came out of the box.

I'm also going to try to test the Zotac AMP! Extreme but I plan on staying away from Gigabyte.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  2. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    uhm I would say every card gets the memory module that's available and it's random....

3. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X SLI
    Well... perhaps! All I can tell you is what my specific MSI RTX 2080Ti Gaming X Trio came with and GPU-Z is reporting it as Micron. My Asus RRPG Strix RTX 2080Ti OC came with Samsung, and my TITAN RTX also came with Samsung.

4. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    it's just like with RAM kits. You can't say a certain type guarantees a certain memory vendor.

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Holy crap, man! You plan on selling any of those 2080Ti's, you'll let me know?

6. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    @Geryboy

Are you sure 2040MHz out of box from AMP because I have Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP and this OC I haven't seen on my RTX 2080Ti AMP at all, under water and temperatures in 38-40°C my best OC is around 2115MHz which will drop to 2100MHz when temperatures are above 39°C I think

Out of box that card will do 1825-1875MHz or something around that figure, never seen 2040MHz out of box and have this GPU

1000MHz on VRAM is possible if card have Samsung memory, 1100MHz is max which I can do on my VRAM

On Palit RTX 2080Ti there I have been limited by Micron VRAM modules and with that card I could do max 650-700MHz, 600MHz is on safe side on that card, +140MHz is max on Palit which still better than on my Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    I did put it in there, made a firestrike test and it reported 2055 boost clock. just installed the card, no software to OC.

in MSI AB if I push the revert to default button the curve frequency goes to 2055 @ 1.05V. default bios setting.

see the techpowerup review they confirmed the same thing. Might be 2 different versions? 1 with A chip, 1 without?

100% default 2055 boost on my card via bios. confirmed via benchmark with default settings and in AB @ curve graph in default mode.

edit: typo in Voltage, correct voltage is 1.050V

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  8. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    My bad; I wasn't paying attention and thought you had the gaming x trio. So we have different cards but almost the same. Well, you might be fine with micron because my card also has Micron and I've had my card working fine since 9/27. I have memory completely at stock because even +300 was unstable.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Damn card keeps crashing in games, for example Apex and Anthem if I play them for a longer period of time. Then I realized I had downloaded GTX drivers and not RTX drivers but I don't know if that's the problem.

Also increasing voltage does absolutely nothing. Anyone has had any luck with that?

I tried the "Adaptive" power option which helped a lot and made the card boost correctly. Later I set it back to "Optimal" since I wanted to try it again and then it worked normally, so I don't understand what's going on here. Feels like the card behaves like it wants to. I lost tons of FPS in Anthem since the card doesn't go full load like it did on Friday.

I don't know if I should have looked for different card that has Samsung memory? Is it that much better or is it simply random?

If you've got 2055 out of the box you've got a golden sample. My card does 1,4V.

I've tried different settings but I cannot find a sweet spot. +700 doesn't report any artifacts in the Superposition benchmark but I do get some flashing textures in Apex from time to time. BFV on the other hand works completely fine.

10. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Are you maxing the voltage slider or just the power target? I haven't touched the voltage slider because more heat=throttling on these cards but maybe that is why I am unstable?

11. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    I wrote about that a couple of times. Increasing voltage unlocks additional voltage points in the frequency graph, it doesn't force the card to use higher voltage.

if several voltage points are on a 0 slope plateau then the lowest voltage point will be used. make sure that higher voltage points use higher frequency(stable), or you won't be able to use them.

instead of using prefer max. perfromance in NVCP you can lock into a voltage point in AB in the frequency graph by selecting a point and pressing "L".

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Yes, both PT and Voltage. And yes, it just increases the heat for some reason which is actually weird. If there is no added voltage, why are the temps increasing?

Sorry, haven't followed the thread closely since I didn't own a 2080Ti.

Sounds complicated, I preferred the old way with a simple slider :) Would have been interesting to know if my card doesn't OC well due to insufficient voltage or simply a worse chip. I'll see if I can understand what you mean by trying this when I'm home.

13. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    you can use the slider, but the voltage slider might have no affect depending on how the curve is set up as default in your bios.

max default voltage is around 1050 or 1063mV the graph goes to 1.25V if I'm not mistaken, all the points beyond 1.1V are useless with normal bios.

you could try and just give OC scanner a shot and then add some points from 1V to 1.05V that's the regular voltage range during load.

14. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE

Hi there

I have never tried or run stock cooler due this I can't comment performance on stock cooler, there are few versions of AMP like AMP, AMP Maxx, AMP Extreme Core, AMP Extreme and all of them are A1 chips or A chips, non A chip is Blower or Twin Fan there

Right now have flashed Galax BIOS 380W which is better in every way as clocks are stable under load and with Zotac BIOS I just couldn't keep clock from bouncing from 2055 to 2070MHz, with Galax clocks are nice and stable

Will be reflashing my RTX 2080Ti to stock Zotac BIOS and will see what I will get or what performance or what clocks I will see, done this few days back and not seen higher clocks as I posted previously

Agree with @Netherwind you have golden sample or you are won silicone lottery with yours Zotac, this GPU will be going to different PC and will be getting probably different RTX 2080Ti which one hard to say

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

15. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X SLI
    Well, I was entertaining the thought of selling the MSI RTX 2080Ti Gaming X Trio. Its basically brand new. I wanna get another Asus ROG STRIX 2080Ti OC and NVLink them together to match my Asus Rampage VI Extreme motherboard.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I have to Google this, I don't understand the graph thing at all.

I tried OC Scanner and instead of giving me a fixed OC on Core, it wrote "Curve" but I honestly wonder if it worked since I still had stock clocks when running 3D Mark.

About the voltage, when I was playing Anthem yesterday and was in a cave with water the GPU usage finally went up and stressed the card. I had the fans ramped up and did notice voltage fluctuations with some really low core clocks as a result (down to 1980Mhz). The temps were still very good (70C) so it would have been great to somehow prevent the voltage from going down during heavy load.

Or I simply got a really bad chip :) I guess I can live with that.

Edit : I read somewhere that PSUs are supposed to be set to "single rail" and not "multi rail" when dealing with power hungry cards like the 2080Ti. Ever heard about that?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  17. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    what you're seeing is a voltage drop due to high temps + load + probably power limit.

the cards operate within + - 75mV when the limit flags kick in. There's some Temp limit around 70 and another hard one at 80 I think.

18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

Hey Jura,

I have samsung memory on my palit gaming oc pro according to GPUZ. I usualy don't OC but i should try something at least for fun right! :) Highest auto clocks that I've seen on my card were 1925, but usually it stays around 1875. Is that any good? Temp hover around 65 or so. I'm on air, but with really good case airflow :D

EDIT: JUST TRIED +100 +500 with power limiter to the max, and looks good so far. I've seen 2025 but mostly 1935 at the lowest. Temps went up to 69-70

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I must say that the core clock drop due to this is way bigger than on my 1080Ti, I'm a bit disappointed. And if 70C is a "high temp" then I guess I cannot do much more here since 55% fan speed is audible and going higher is just too loud.

Thanks for your assistance so far.

20. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Hi guys,
    I have this really bad blinking textures or shaders in Battlefiled V.
    Almost all screen turns orange in regular time intervals.
    I'm not sure if it is software (driver, game) or hardware issue.

Could anyone of you test it?
    If I will send back a good card they will charge me for diagnostics and replacement. :(

Youtube is still processing the video, 1440p should be available soon.
    But even at low resolution the issue is apparent.
    This blinking is mostly visible in last chapter of campaign 'The Last Tiger'.
    I see it from the beginning, it gets worse in later acts (like in the video).

System specs:
    Windows 10 1809
    Asus Strix RTX 2080 8GB OC
    Driver 418.91

Game setting:
    1440p
    All setting Ultra
    HBOA+
    RTX ON
    DLSS ON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.