The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3090 XG438Q
    Three Months have passed and my Zotac Gaming Amp's are still alive...Thank God..

Tested Port Royal Benchmark:

[​IMG]

2. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti / 290X CFX
  3. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Just I want to point out EVGA RTX 2080Ti Black Edition using non A chip and from few guys who are have non A chips, they're limited in OC and you can't use or flash Galax 380W BIOS or any A1 BIOS

If I would rather get XC RTX 2080Ti Black Edition not just Black Edition

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

chispy and HARDRESET like this.
  4. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Out of curiosity, I would like to ask if any of the 2xxx series cards you guys bought was defective and needed to be replaced. In other forums I noticed that too many are dying after two weeks of use, especially those from Gainward. edit: I meant Gigabyte.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090

RTX 2080Ti Full Cover Water Blocks Reviews:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

@jura11 my friend i have found very useful reviews for RTX 2080Ti full cover water blocks. Best performers in this exact order from 1 to 4 :

1. Aqua Computer kryographics NEXT 2080 Ti - At a GPU temperature averaging 34 to 35 C , I register under the socket on the back of the board about 35 to 36 ° C, which is very good and better than the previously tested cooler. The memory modules, depending on the positioning, only between 32 ° C and 33 ° C warm, which means the lonely top position. Thermal compound and precision win over thermal pads. The voltage transformers warm up to a maximum of 43 ° C, which is also perfect register under the socket on the back of the board about 35 to 36 ° C, which is very good and better than the previously tested cooler. The memory modules, depending on the positioning, only between 32 ° C and 33 ° C warm, which means the lonely top position. Thermal compound and precision win over thermal pads. The voltage transformers warm up to a maximum of 43 ° C, which is also perfect.

2. Watercool Heatkiller IV 2080Ti - At a GPU temperature averaging 35 C , I register under the socket on the back of the board about 37 ° C, which is very good. Depending on the positioning, the memory modules will warm between 35 ° C and 40 ° C, which is better than with both coolers tested so far. The voltage transformers will warm up to a maximum of 45 ° C, which is good, but not the best measured value of all previous coolers. Nevertheless, the entire board is cool enough in the sum to run as the current test winner to the finish.

3. Phanteks Glacier G2080Ti - At a GPU temperature of 36 C , I register under the socket on the back of the board about 41 ° C, which is useful The memory modules, depending on the positioning, between 40 ° C and 45 ° C warm, which is also not bad. The voltage transformers will warm up to a maximum of 43 ° C, which is significantly better than the product from EKWB and is definitely due to two things. First, the coils are also connected by pad to the cooler bottom and second, the microchannels are different and run much wider.

4. EK-Vector RTX 2080Ti RGB - At a GPU temperature of 36 C , I register a good 38 ° C under the socket on the back of the board, that's good. Depending on the positioning, the memory modules will warm between 37 ° C and 44 ° C, which is not bad either. The voltage transformers will heat up to 55 ° C, also good. Overall, the board thus remains above average cool, which you can only welcome.

Thank you goes to Toms Hardware.de , complete reviews link here:

https://www.tomshw.de/2019/01/14/aq...sanzug-fuer-die-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-igorslab/

https://www.tomshw.de/2018/12/10/wa...om-loop-wasserkuehlung-bei-380-watt-igorslab/

https://www.tomshw.de/2018/10/10/ph...ehlung-und-ein-treffen-bei-380-watt-igorslab/

https://www.tomshw.de/2018/10/08/ek...hlung-und-ein-showdown-bei-380-watt-igorslab/

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    I'm awaiting the Fed Ex driver to pull any minute now for delivery of my 2080Ti today, i already received my Phantek Glacier RTX 2080Ti block yesterday. Will assemble today and report back my findings on this water block.

BangTail, Maddness and jura11 like this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Curious, did you test the aquacomputer one with the backplate?

chispy likes this.
  8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    No my friend i did not , i have the Phanteks Glacier block here ready to install but after reading a bit i want to test this video card at stock for a few days to make sure it does not suffer the space invaders syndrome :confused:.

The Aqua Computer Kryographics Next 2080Ti is very hard to find and none are available at this moment , same with the Heatkiller block there is none available at this moment anywhere, my best next choice was Phanteks.

Phanteks Glacier G2080Ti this one i have here to test with my FE 2080Ti:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    jura11, Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    hehe yes you are right, I just realised it's hardly available, not even in aquacomputer's own shop. I was just wondering if the backplate indeed does improve cooling significantly

chispy likes this.
  10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    It does improve cooling as it is an active backplate with a heatpipe but dang it is very expensive. All this blocks perform well and within 1 or 2 degrees temp. difference on the core , the difference is in the vrm and memory cooling. @jura11 have tested the EK and Barrow blocks , read a couple of pages back as he posted his findings. I will post my findings in a few days to add to our own comparison.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yes I've read jura's posts. I just don't think, personally, that this backplate is better than any other backplate, and if I'd get it, I'd more like it to be there to pretect my PCB than believe in it's cooling power. :)
    But thanks for sharing your experiences and finds, I usually have a hard time deciding on the blocks when I get GPUs... if only they'd make them look less... "fancy"... but my taste is special, that I am aware of :D

chispy likes this.
  12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    If you get that block i would love to hear your findings and toughts on it on your special taste kind of way :D

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Oh nothing special here... I'm just a sucker for clean, easy looking builds, no RGB needed, as I usually don't use a riser and haven't got a case with a turned mainboard mounting, I never would see any of those lights etc...

chispy likes this.
  14. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi @chispy

I have read these reviews and seems Watercool HEATKILLER IV and Aquacomputer Kryographics RTX 2080Ti seems are best perfomers with Phanteks Glacier not far behind, EK Vector hard to say have and I'm not happy with performance, will remount waterblock and if doesn't improve will try Watercool HEATKILLER IV or Aquacomputer Kryographics RTX 2080Ti, right now doing for friend build where we are trying Bykski RTX 2080Ti waterblock and not sure how it will be performing

Yes I agree with Aquacomputer is not available right now,Aquacomputer is small company and they do all in house and availability should be within 1 month I think and regarding the question active backplate, on GTX1080 or GTX1080Ti this active backplate worked beautifully and lowered temperatures which I hope or expect we should see on RTX 2080Ti blocks

Yes agree is very expensive and if its worth, I'm pretty sure I will test this block as friend already placed order and we are preparing for build

I have ordered too Watercool HEATKILLER IV for my build and will do my own comparison

@fantaskarsef

You can get any waterblock and you don't need to plug RGB, done that on friend build where friend is running Phanteks Glacier GTX1080Ti waterblock and we are just unplugged RGB because it has been too much

I have all acetal waterblocks on my build and I like the looks of the build

What counts for me is quality of waterblock and performance

Still not sure on this review of EK Vector RTX 2080Ti waterblock because my ambient temperature is around 20-21°C and my temperatures are around 2-6°C higher than review, used simple rice method on core but will try X method next time and ordered too Thermal Grizzly Minus pads

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Why al these watercoolings on these RTX 2080 ti,s ? are they seriously running allot hotter then a 1080 ti on load ?

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    They are a much larger die. But from what i have seen, they don't run that much hotter.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

I'd say it could be down to that the people buying a £1000+ gpu are the enthusiast type who may already have WC

18. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Exactly, people WC high end cards, let's not try and pretend it is something new for the sake of the endless witch hunt :rolleyes:

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Since overclocking isn't as "unlimited" as before (Nvidia's boost 3.0 since Pascal), some people try to grab every boost bin they can get... I'm still pissed that my 1080TI only runs 2088MHz stable under boost... I wanted those 2100MHz! :D
    More or less, keeping the cards cooler, having fun building a custom loop, too much money on their / our hands, name your reasons :D

jura11 and chispy like this.
  20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Watercooled mine to keep the noise levels of the system to a minimum really, that and those sweet boost clocks :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.