The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Aquacomputer Kryographics NEXT 2080 Ti - why does it have to have RGB... why is the RGB part designed to be a waste of energy because you put it in face down so many more times than with a riser or an upside down mainboard mounting...

I guess I am very critical to looks, they're all too... too shiny for me. I'm a sucker for EKWB's clean, boring look I have to admit...

3. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
  4. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

Now everyone or most blocks do have RGB and without the RGB you simply won't sell block, this is very sad truth

What I like on Aquacomputer Kryographics blocks is active backplate and display which is or can be used with Aquacomputer Quadro or Aquaero, that's for me is big plus

EKWB has been my choice for few years but their quality going downhill and if you are comparing EK WB against any WB on market then you will understand why I don't rate EKWB as much

Have at home few Phanteks Glacier WB, Bykski and will be getting Heatkiller IV for my build too and if you are just comparing weight, quality of machining, craftsmanship etc then you will see

With Phanteks you can use stock backplate, same with Bykski etc or Barrow

I have used and still using EKWB on my build, but will be switching to other WB gradually

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yes, that it works with the aquaero is a big bonus, if you remember I use the old one (4XT) myself. Only sad that they made the communications cable originate from the place where you connect the tube... I can't imagine how that thin, unbridled cable looks good on this position... but yeah, sadly, it needs to have RGB. I checked some pictures, and at least you don't have to hook it up since you don't need to connect the cables. :D

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Anybody here owns the MSI 2080Ti Sea Hawk?

7. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
  8. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
  9. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    original picture size
    Show me where. I am worried now
    [​IMG]

10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    The two black rectangle plastic bits

11. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Dudes finally got my EK Vector RTX 2080ti RGB water block
    Ran some tests before with my new 2080ti mounted vertically, installed the riser cable again and CRAPPY CRAP CRAP
    No start! Restart, many starts, finally starts and I run GPUZ. it shows the default graphic unit is the Intel one on the CPU, selected the GPU and its running the PCe x16 at 1.1 not 3.0!
    As I said before I had lots of issues with my older 1080ti running vertically. Thought it may be water damage to the PCe x16 port, I suspected the riser cable, this confirms it.

EZDIY Riser cable bought on Amazon, came highly recommended., Maybe I got a dud.
    I ordered Fractal Designs own riser cable, but taking forever to get here. Maybe I can contact their local head office here in Sweden and ask them if they have spares (Its a Swedish company)

12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    DUDE
    WHERE?
    Draw on it or something, you are freaking me out!!!

13. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    [​IMG]

darrenj likes this.
  14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Is there any existing AIO solution if i wanna use some basic watercooling for my 2080-ti? Not waterblock and full water solution, just and AIO with one or two radiator. Preferably one.

15. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    I think EVGA RTX Hybrid AIO is now for sale which should work, if yours GPU is based or is same as reference PCB which I think it is

Other option is get NZXT Kraken G12 and you will need get AIO of yours choice 120mm or 240mm but problem with this solution is you will be not cooling VRM and RAM modules and depending on yours case and airflow I just don't know

My preferred option is go route of the Raijintek Morpheus II cooler, with this cooler you should be have good temperatures and very nice noise levels, have tried that on Palit RTX 2080Ti and temperatures I have seen in low 50's to mid 50's, with fans spinning at 850-1000RPM

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

XenthorX likes this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    very helpful, thank you!

17. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    No worries mate,EVGA Hybrid AIO should work in yours case, just replace stock TIM for Noctua NT-H1 or Kryonaut that's my recommendation

NZXT not sure if I would choose, I would choose only if you have good case with good airflow and you will need to get as well Copper heatsinks for VRAM and VRM

Raijintek Morpheus II cooler I would probably choose rather

But you can build own loop for not so much money, check Aliexpress there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

XenthorX likes this.
  18. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

OK done few tests during the weekend and week and must admit my core is proper dud, 2055MHz at 1.05v, 2085-2088MHz at 1.08v and 2100MHz at 1.093v,memory can do 1100MHz easy and beyond that didn't tried, my old GTX1080Ti is good OC and will do 2113MHz at 1.073v easy

Will do few tests, will remount waterblock and replace EK thermal pads for Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad and will see if this does make any difference if not have at home as well EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC and test this card if its better OC than my one or get different waterblock Heatkiller IV Pro or Aquacomputer

I would be happy with OC, just if this clocks are stable in rendering mainly in IRAY or Octane but clocks are unstable in rendering and usually I get TDR or hard lock

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

XenthorX likes this.
  19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    I'll clearly consider the EVGA kit (subscribed to availability alert), no clue brands were selling such kits nowadays.
    Mostly looking to install it before summer.

20. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    My friend too waiting on Hybrid AIO from EVGA,last time on EVGA forum they said availability is bit scarce but this has been in December, in US is bit easier to get this cooler than over here

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

XenthorX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.