1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    I'm just gonna keep quiet and go away for a couple of hours since I think something completely unrelated to this may be afoot. Cough.

-Tj- likes this.
  2. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Success! Everything seems to be stable. I dunno what the point in the bundled PCI-E cables splitting off into another one with is if it causes issues like this? I used 1 just for cable neatness :(. Gonna try bios mod for 130% power and see if I still get issues.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys.

Edit: 130% power target working fine, seems to all be sorted now. What a pain in the arse haha.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    -Tj-, Mufflore, fantaskarsef and 3 others like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    haha I did it right all the time without knowing, just because I thought "ehhh what the hell, if you got the cables free" :D
    Corsair HX1200i here, so I would have been able to run into trouble otherwise :D

SSJBillClinton and -Tj- like this.
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    If you are single rail, and you're cabling is sufficient, you can use 1 cable. Otherwise, use 2. Simple. :) (If using 1 cable, and the cable itself is very warm, or even hot, then the cable can't handle the load)

5. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    I mean, with that all said and done I am experiencing this flickering artifacting on my second monitor while idling at desktop, which occasionally flickers up on my primary monitor. Games are completely stable and exhibit no artifacting. Tried with both HDMI > HDMI and DVI > DP and still get the same issues.
    RMA ahoooy~
    https://my.mixtape.moe/zixmib.webm

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Get the camera rolling before it happens, many Youtube hits await you!!

7. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    MUM GET THE CAMERA

But really, I have a feeling it's possible I've sort of borked this card by running it with my previous single power cable for so long. :x

8. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Oh right, can't see any mention or acknowledgement of such an issue apart from power draw on the most recent drivers notes though... hmm.

9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Hey Gurus, I just (finally!) got an email from EVGA letting me know that I've moved from the 1st part of the Step-Up queue to part 2 where they are doing some kind of processing and approval. My question is if anybody here has one of the 2 slot 2080Ti XC cards and isn't having issues with it.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-2282-KR

This is the only model available through Step-Up, so even though I'm unsure whether or not they will approve my request to go from 1080Ti to 2080Ti, I'm worried that this is one of the models suffering from the various things being reported. Can somebody chime in? Also, is anybody running a Windows version older than 1809? Does the 2000 series require Win 10 1809 or just the DXR stuff?

10. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I have 3 of them and have had no problems whatsoever.

I believe you only need 1809 for RT stuff which is not available in any games as of yet.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018

11. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Are you overclocking any of them? Are you on 1809 or lower?

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Well looks like ive just fallen victim to the 2080Ti issue. One of my Ti FE's died on me tonight. Been running fine for the last couple of weeks - probably done about 25-30hrs gaming with no issues.
    Tonight, im playing Odyssey and after 5mins it starts artefacting, then chugs a bit then CTD. Tried it a couple more times, same thing. Does it in Witcher 3 too.
    Only bit of luck is that I have a pair of waterblocks waiting to be fitted this weekend - so glad it died before id put them on water!

jura11 and Geryboy like this.
  13. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm on 1809 and I don't OC.

14. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE

Hi there

That's bit unfortunate and really sad, can you check if yours RTX are with Samsung or Micron GDDR6?

Friend bought his two EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC and both of them are run from day one under water and both failed and both are with Micron memories, I'm not 100% sure if its down to GDDR6 or rather IMC etc

Hope this helps and good luck there

Thanks, Jura

15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Must admit, I'm getting a bit nervous about putting mine under water now...

16. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    My card is using micron and I've had it since 9/27 without issues. Overclocking too. Only complaint would be the low power limit set in bios. Doesn't make sense. Wish there was a way around it or a bios update.

Edit: I should have said a way around it that doesn't void my warantee. People have flashed my card to the GALAX bios and seem to be getting better oc results. Tempting and I probably would do it if the card wasn't so stupid expensive.
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/1706276-official-nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-owner-s-club.html

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

17. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Yes but the galax bios does 380w. At least it seems that way. I'm not going to flash to anything unofficial anyways.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Why's that?

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    I would do, but as I havnt taken the stock coolers off yet Im reluctant to do it before sending the card to RMA.

Yes, id been having the same thought. all id suggest is testing extensively at stock before putting blocks on. I will certainly be giving my other card, and the replacement at least 30hrs of testing - ill probably leave it looping uniengine or 3d mark while im at work for a couple of days to speed things up!

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    It appears NVidia have pulled the 2080ti from their website.

21. dante_til

dante_til New Member

GPU:
    trifire 7970
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.