The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It will be worrying for aftermarket owners as well because the failure may still occur but after a longer period of time, perhaps when out of warranty.
    A statement (and external investigation) surely is needed to let us know why.
    I dont think I have seen this number of failures in such a short time from so little sales volume.
    And as you say, at such a high price.

BangTail likes this.
  2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, it's bad to be sure and even though I have had 0 issues with my cards, I've only had them for 2 weeks, so the potential for problems down the road is still there.

This launch has been an unmitigated dumpster fire, awful.

3. Does anyone own the Gigabyte 2080 Ti Gaming OC??
    Is it normal that the fans start working only over 50 degrees? And at 50 degrees they stopped working?

4. I'm not lazy!! I had already seen the page.. But it's not clear at what temperature the fans start working.

If it is normal for you that at 50 degrees the fans not working....:rolleyes:

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Sad to hear that dude, strange that it seems to be this latest batch of FE cards that are dying, didn’t really hear any issues with the initial batch of cards, wonder if they were a bit desperate to get cards in stock and skipped some QA for this batch.

6. So after only few hours of playing a game the normal idle temperature becomes from 32 degrees to 50 degrees. Nice!

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080

8. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That's not so good.

9. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Thanks!;):D

This workstation is a hybrid between editing RED 8k footage & rendering, and handling some Hyper-V VM's (work stuff) and gaming on the side. :p

Yeh there Two PSU in the system (1600W & 600W), the mini ITX build has its own water pump too, so if the main system is off the pump will keep water flowing for the mini ITX build, the mini ITX build is part of the GPU loop.

all these stories about the RTX 2080TI FE failing is quite worrying... I'd hate to have to tear down this system if one of them fails or both.... hopefully it isn't wide spread issue. :eek:

10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    So far, has anyone here with the card experienced any sign of a failing card? I've decided to use my card more often (surfing net, watching movies and gaming) to see if there's any sign of failure. So far, and I hope I've not jinxed myself, my card is running as expected, temps pretty decent for such a card......

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I recall last time something like this happened that affected a lot of cards was with the 7900gt back in 2006. The cause was bad batches of vram. I dont believe Nvidia addressed the issue other than to quickly replace the 7900gt with the 7950gt after which the issues then stopped.

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Well I’ve decided to go with a pair of the Palit RTX 2080Ti GamingPro OC cards, EVGA just couldn’t deliver on this occasion which is a shame, really liked their cards over the years.

Time to get the water loop serviced and ready for the new cards.

pharma likes this.
  13. RainyMirror

RainyMirror Guest

GPU:
    PNY 2080Ti XLR8
    A VRAM issue makes total sense looking at the symptoms. I hope my 2080Ti doesn't have troubles (it's stuck at customs, it's so tiresome).
    But I am scared, so I'm keeping one 1080Ti just in case.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    For now...
    Thats a strong statement to make in the current climate.
    To us it looks like QA didnt get enough time with them and they were released before these problems could be trapped.
    It looks serious.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    As it seems, only 2080Ti FE suffer from VRAM issues. Custom 2080Ti's are fine.

Geryboy likes this.
  16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Lets wait and see then.

Geryboy likes this.
  17. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Finally got my Evga XC Ultra. So far 2040-2055 seems pretty stable, was hoping to be closer to 2100 :D

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Preordering has nothing to do with the failure rates. New technology always has problems. Doesn't matter if I preordered my card on 8/20 (I did) or if I bought it in the store. It still has the same chance of failing.

Maddness likes this.

19. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    found info about what batches/aka S/N are good, so...good are batch 0333xxx. If u have 0332xxx then probably u fked up. Unless u have galax card, which has loosed mem timings, so probably can last longer...

20. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    y.
    Every SN starting like 0333+ seems fine. So far.

21. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  22. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    how in the hell did nvidia f*cked this up...my FE card is still sitting in the sealed box.. sadly im 03238xxxx... soon i'll test it when my 9900k comes, if its defective im going to send it back for a refund and wait a couple of months until i buy a new one.

You can't allow issues like this happen at this sort of price premium!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  23. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    If they're going to charge the kind of money Nvidia are charging, there is quite simply no excuse for this kind of sh!t.

Totally unacceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.