1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Evga has issued bios updates that increase the power target to 130% for better overclocking on both 2080 and 2080 Ti.
    Will other manufacturers will follow suit ...

tensai28, BangTail and Maddness like this.
  2. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    That's great news. I have seen suggestions that these RTX cards are power limited.

3. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Maybe. I'm holding off until 9th Gen and that way I can save up more cash. I cap my games at 60 with vsync (60hz screen) so it's not bothering me at the moment.
    Open to any other requests if people are interested as long as I own the game or benchmark. So far everything has been playing perfectly except monster hunter world. I have no clue what kind of hardware would be required for that.

Edit:just found with the volumetric fog disabled, I can keep 60fps maxed at 4k on monster hunter.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  4. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    This might sound like a dumb question but it's been a while since I've been on msi. Anyone know where to find the bios updates?
    https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/support/GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-GAMING-X-TRIO#down-driver&Win10 64
    All I could see here is a live update utility but when I tried running it, it said my motherboard wasn't compatable. o_O

5. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I'm not sure they are bios updates for MSI cards yet. The best place to look would be the MSI official forums.
    The Evga bios updates were posted in the Evga forums by the Product manager.

6. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Finally got an update on my order, picking up the Evga XC Ultra in a week :D can't wait!

anxious_f0x, tensai28 and pharma like this.
  7. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    That's good thing to do, because it looks like current intel CPU's are all affected by security issues, and these software patches will never work as intented and not to mention performance is affected too. I hope new intel CPU will have finally solved security problems on the hardware level. i5 especially 6600 is still strong CPU, although you can also consider selling i6600 and buying i7 6700, because the price difference will be small, and that i7 CPU inlike i5 6600 should run even the most demanding games at 60+ fps, for example even assassins creed origins, watch dogs 2 or mafia 3.

tensai28 likes this.
  8. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I thought about that. I can upgrade to a 7700k for the same price pretty much and it works with my motherboard. Luckily I'm not really interested in any of those 3 titles so I'm good for now. Well actually assassins creed was good up until black flag (at least in my opinion -mafia series was good up until 2 as well) but all A.C. games up until black flag plays perfectly with my cpu (same goes with mafia 2). So yeah, I will upgrade eventually but not in any hurry.
    Thanks, I'll look into it.

LuckyNumber8 likes this.
  9. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Gaaaarh... my cards keep getting postponed ! Ordered a Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Windforce OC 11GB on the release day. First delivery estimate was sept. 20th, then sept. 27th , then octb 5th and now it's octb. 19th ! :confused:
    My wifes MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC 8GB has been postponed untill nov.14th :mad:

10. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    Damn, that sucks. I wonder what the hold up is with these cards.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    An early launch of chips that are difficult to manufacture, along with probably low stocks on Nvidia's side to minize the risk of tanking too much investment if nobody buys the Turing cards.

12. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    You're probably right. After the initial rush, you will probably find these cards will sit on shelves for quite a while.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Especially at these prices... it's just obscene what they think they can charge for stuff we can't even use right now. @Denial summed it up nicely:
    An upgrade would have cost the same as the last generation, with a reasonable performance bump of something between 15-30%.
    The new gimmicks then are driving prices, but those aren't even available or widely supported as of yet. So you're basically paying more for stuff you can't even use... doesn't make much sense to buy one.

I personally hope that they stick to the shelves so that prices drop. Although I can't imagine we'll ever see 2080TIs going for lower than 1000$ at any point, at least not until the 3080TI is around.

Maddness likes this.
  14. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:

It looks like mpre and more YT channels finally ger 2080ti and we can see gameplays and comparison from normal guys. Here's Far Cry 5 with very impressive (near 100fps) performance

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Singleton99 likes this.
  15. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    VR got a rediculous boost from the new architecture. I can't believe how much better this card is doing. I'm maxing out all my games so far with super sampling cranked up on my vive and it's playing flawlessly. Around a 50% improvement from my 1080ti.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    or when AMD wakes up with a 7nm card.. Hopefully soon enough

17. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Okay guys, let's stop the comments about the price already. I don't think there is a single person on guru3d that thinks the price isn't too high. We don't need this repeated 1000x. Either buy it or wait for the price to go down or next gen to come out (whichever happens first). Moving on.

tunejunky and BangTail like this.
  18. chetw

chetw New Member

GPU:
    Radeon Pro Vega 16G
    I ordered a 2080Ti FE direct from Nvidia about an hour after pre-order opened up. First was to be shipped 9/20, then 9/27, then 10/5-10/12. My card got charged Friday but still nothing. Very frustrating that even Nvidia's own pre-order stock cannot be fulfilled.

19. RainyMirror

RainyMirror Member

GPU:
    PNY 2080Ti XLR8
    It's going to be a long october for those of us waiting for our preorders to ship, that's for sure.

BangTail likes this.
  20. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I now switched to PNY for one order and they are supposed to ship mid week.

No word on the Nvidia direct order at the moment.

Lame :rolleyes:

/me goes back to Forza 4 on XB1X ;)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.