1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
    I don't think they are good cards... not sure what makes you draw that conclusion. They're one of the worst releases in history, excluding the price.

And IKR Bang, and you sure spend a lot for time stalking me... ;P

... Just horsing with ya brua

I know you're buying one, so the last thing you want to hear is me yapping on about why I think thy're crap and Nvidia are ***** day in day out, so for that I am sorry, but I gotta do what I gotta do, can't let them get away with GPU Murder and the days of the internet give nobodies like me a voice.

BangTail likes this.
  2. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    What AMD should do is leave this nightmare going for a few months. That way, more and more people will continue to get pissed off at Nvidia. If AMD could possibly come out in January with competing parts in the 500-800 dollar range, Nvidia will be forced to drop prices. Allowing this to go on for a few months will also give people way more incentive to buy from AMD in the future. The longer this continues, the worse Nvidia's mindshare will become.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I think the price of those cards are perfectly right. Those new cards are extending the range of Nvidia cards, adding a replacement for 1080-ti in the form of 2080 and adding an extra card on top of it.
    While adding Motion Adaptive Shading, DLSS, Raytracing, and whatever goodies we're gonna be able to leverage using the A.I inference core.

AMD or not it really means nothing, when you already have GPUs that are killing everything out there aka the 10XX serie.

People are used to get 50% performance increase per generation of GPU, it's the level of evolution we haven't seen in CPU since over 5 years.
    Moore's law is dead, to expect performance increase as in the past without any extra cost, is just pure madness and unrealistic expectation.

4. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Seriously?

5. RainyMirror

RainyMirror Member

GPU:
    PNY 2080Ti XLR8
    Thanks, I am one of those insane people.
    In fact, I'm so happy with all these negative reviews about value and performance, because:
    1. My 2 1080Ti's will sell quickly and at a very good price
    2. The 2080Ti will be back in regular stock sooner, so I'll have the second one earlier than expected
    All in all, I should get 1 2080Ti "free", and the second one at 20% off. It's very fiscally responsible, see?
    But joking aside, I really, really hope one is enough for the current games.
    One will certainly not be enough for games with heavy "RTX lobby".
    And I bet, I BET, games affected with this lobby or incentive, or whatever you want to call it, will make that "RTX OFF" illumination look like a big yellow filter that washes everything in the game with ultra brightness.

pharma and tensai28 like this.
  6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    I'll just leave this here...

[​IMG]

;)

Netherwind, cowie, XenthorX and 7 others like this.
  7. RainyMirror

RainyMirror Member

GPU:
    PNY 2080Ti XLR8
    Nice!
    Did you check how many spaces your motherboard leaves you? Those 3-slot cards look like trouble for many of us looking to SLI.
    My motherboard luckily leaves 2 spaces between a dual configuration, but I still look for 2-slot cards.

8. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Yeah, they will just fit, although I'll temporarily have to take out my soundcard because the bottom GPU will hit it I think. They'll go on water in a month or so once more waterblocks become available anyway.

I'm just testing SLI scaling myself, so I'll drop back with some results later.

The1, Maddness and tensai28 like this.
  9. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I honestly can't wait to be rid of SLI and I don't think 2080TI SLI will handle RTX @ 4K/60FPS and that is truly disappointing when you have laid out 2.5K and still can't get there.

I mean if one 2080Ti runs SOTR @ 1080P/30FPS and 4K is four times 1080P, then two cards aren't going to get you there.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  10. klepp0906

klepp0906 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    The bigger issue is gonna be when u want to use an accessory monitor and can’t because the need for FSE for sli to function.

Every time that happens your decision loses value irrespective of potential scaling.

Add in games that don’t support FSE (wow for example which to be fair you certainly don’t need sli for) or games that don’t support sli at all.

I used to be an sli proponent. Just sold my two 1080s to buy one 1080ti actually. Used to have quad 480 and quad first gen Titans.

Now going down to 1 card, everything runs so much better with so many less compromises or problems.

Should have done it ages ago.

I now realize I ran sli for the niche cool factor which is a really stupid reason to spend that kind of money.

To be fair, if nvlink delivered on the whole “software support not needed” and “2 cards seen as 1 thing” I would have considered it as some of the problems sli creates would potentially be alleviated.

As it sits, it’s sli with a new name and more expensive bridge.

BangTail likes this.

11. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    i'm not going to tell you why i think they are good, this link should clear up any confusion.
    http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti/Rating/4027
    literally the best card to come out ever. thats all there is to it.

12. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Right there with you, have run it since the days of 3DFx, had 4 way Titans and it does have it's benefits but I'm at an age where I don't want to tinker anymore and especially since I do a lot of VR (where SLI is essentially useless), I want to get away from it.

Like you, if NVLink had been what I thought it was going to be (software not needed, two cards seen as one) I would have stuck with it but NVLink is just SLI 2.0 and as much as Nvidia says they are going to recommit to SLI, I have heard that before (right before the worst period of support in recent history).

klepp0906 likes this.
  13. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
    Too much fanboyism, not enough open eyes, and definitely a shortage of brains.

That statement is as true as it is utterly ridiculous.

I imagine there's a handful of Nvidia shills who work the forums + fanboys = what you see here.

I am pleased that near all of the reputable reviewers are calling this for what it is.

14. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Ughhh,

Can you just stop with the name calling.

We can all have a laugh, but your insistence on attacking people who don't share your opinion is becoming irksome.

All this because you are irrationally butthurt over an expensive GPU :rolleyes:

There are other (far more important) things in life to concern yourself with.

I think you need to step away from the keyboard and get some fresh air, seriously.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  15. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    you don't have anything to refute what i said though.

BangTail likes this.

16. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Nobody works for Nvidia. Not everyone is coming from a 10XX series card so it's a nice performance jump for us.

And you're forgetting that new tech comes at a cost. Cards can keep supporting the same tech over and over until there is little if any gains between generations. Or one of the companies can take the risk and come out with something that pushes tech in another direction. I mean I know you need to make excuses to justify your GPU purchase but don't take it out on the rest of us.

Noisiv, The1 and BangTail like this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    And we both know that you won't stop with your incessant whining.

I try to keep it civil because most of us are here to talk about new tech, not whine about crap we can't afford.

Best of luck.

18. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    you are pathetic, i give you the courtesy of explaining my stance and you can't do the same? its pretty much because you don't have anything and you know it. And don't give me that "the reviews speak for themselves" i'm not interested in watching a million reviews on the cards, I think HH's review was sufficient.
    When name calling shows up in an argument they call that ad hominem and is a fallacy. You are trying to convince people that nviida is a scourge upon the earth but the best you have is "only fanboys can like it".

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Take a break, nobody cares to read your continuous repeated posts attacking people who want them.

XenthorX, The1 and fr33k like this.
  20. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
    LMAO now the pitch forks are REALLY out

You guys are VERY funny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.