1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Found this review for me the best one so far not too complicated :p

Greetz Base

Slinkyminx likes this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I've decided not to buy it and although I could really use the performance boost it's simply too much money :( 70% price increase vs 30% performance increase is just not good enough. I just hope game developers hold back on their requirements.

Slinkyminx likes this.
  3. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
    Solid review. I do disagree a bit with that end bit though... I would say the 2080Ti is the first REAL 4K 60p card, I think 120hz is a pipe dream, for a good while.

WELL unless you turn down a bunch of settings but hey, that's not why we spend £500+ on a GPU right !!!??

BangTail and endbase like this.
  4. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Dude you're rocking a whooping 1080Ti card already. You're set. If you are on gtx 980 ti or lower then there'd maybe be a real incitement.

5. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    They should test rtx vs pascal with the game named escape from tarkov. That game wants to ruin my gpu in anything over 1440p. 1440 is also hard on the gpu. Maybe rtx can run it in 4k at stable 60fps. But im not so sure. Hehe

6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Not the first review I've seen trying to make that claim (120Hz) and it is totally disingenuous.

By that standard, the 1080 (non TI) is a 4K/60 FPS card as you can play at those settings if you turn a bunch of things down/off.

Slinkyminx likes this.
  7. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    JayZtwocents review was really good.

8. kosta20071

kosta20071 Active Member

GPU:
    Quadro 4000m
    Can RTX 2080 output 4K@60Hz with 12/10bit via HDMI?

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    They are HDMI 2.0b compliant so can do all forms of HDR.
    But you will need to use ycbcr 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 at 4K60.

10. RainyMirror

RainyMirror Member

GPU:
    PNY 2080Ti XLR8
    Any nvlink reviews yet?
    Also, my PNY GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XLR8 got shipped today, and I have no idea how it performs. It was the only card I could get before the scalpers emptied out Amazon.

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, the scalper douchebags are out in force on Amazon I see,

Disgusting.

No NVlink reviews that I have seen yet.

12. kosta20071

kosta20071 Active Member

GPU:
    Quadro 4000m
    I forgot to mention RGB\YCBCR 4:4:4 4k@60Hz… so I guess it can't do that just like the previous gen due to HDMI 2.0b limitation

13. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    At first I was dissapointed with the results, but after reading multiple reviews I came to the conclusion it could be the biggest leap in performance in entire Nv history, but the problem is, current games only use half of turing chip, in fact the least impressive half.

Total performance improvement in current games range from unimpresive 25% to very impressive 68% in wilfenstein 2. In the most demanding location 1080ti gets 50fps min and 61 fps average while, 2080ti 90fps min and 103 fps average (111fps with OC). Digital foundry have said they ecen found one location that shows over 70% improvement. That game is basically 4K 120Hz game on 2080ti.

Average performance improvement is around 30% but if I would take into account just games that run with problems on 1080ti, then these particular games run around 40-50% better now.

Hellblade - 42 fps on 1080ti, 69fps on stock 1080ti
    Rise of the tomb raider 59fps on 1080ti, and 75 on 2080ti
    Shadow of the tomb raider 40 fps on 1080ti, 59 fps on 2080ti, and with high detail 2080ti unlike 1080ti (50fps)run that game with very impressive 80fps. expected.
    The witcher 3, before 59fps on 1080ti, now 81 fps on 2080ti so basically game will run for 99% of time above 60fps on 2080ti, and on 1080ti 99% of time below that target. There are also other games like crysis 3, mass effect andromeda, the evil within 2, TC the division, the crew 2, and many other that run around 40fps on 1080ti and run now either above 60fps, or very close to it (very basic details tweak and 60fps locked gameplay should be already).

So I say in current games 25-68% is good already, anyone can tell 40fps vs 60fps difference in the most demanding games, and future games will show even better performance. Additional near 100% improcement thanks to DLSSx1, 20% imprvement thanks to new shading features, and additional 20% in some HDR games (I have seen already games that run 20% worse in HDR on 1080ti). If someone will sum it up these numbers, in the near future we can see games with literally over 150% performance improcement compared to pascal. In fDLSS demo GTX 2080 is already 40-50% faster compared to 1080ti (guys from digital foundry were totally impressed). And DLSSx2 will be essentialy free SSAA, and unlike DLSS it will start it's magic from native resolution unlike DLSSx1.

i think Nv just rushed turing launch. They should work with game developers first and prepeare at leasr dew games that would show 150% performance improvement over pascal, and then people will be more convinced. Right now they want to sell their cards for normal games that shows 25-70% improvement and that's not enough to many people.

BananaRepublik and BangTail like this.
  14. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 AMP
    Friend of mine is buying my 1070, Gonna grab a 2070 will be interesting to see the 2070+DLSS results.

15. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
    Right, LuckyNumber8 is an Nvidia shill. Right it's either that or he's just so comedically delusional.

I honestly think it is the first.

Well I mean either that or he's honestly trying to convince HIMSELF!?

16. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
  17. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64

Good straight up stuff from hardware unboxed, seems like a straight shooter

I liked what he said 'forces Nvidia down to the actual MSRP due to slow sales'

But by then though I imagine they've already milked all the more, well off dudes.

Solid stuff really, wait till everyone who can and will pay these prices has, then drop prices and sell to everyone else :D clever stuff !!

To be honest though.... he pretty much nailed when he said.. 'We're all doomed'

Pretty much my conclusion, as I am sure ya'll have noticed !!!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  18. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    A few more RTX series performance features in addition to dynamic ray-tracing. Variable rate shading was included in the Wolfenstein 2 benchmark.

19. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    You spend a lot of time in here considering you aren't even buying these things :rolleyes:

Time is money and Nvidia surely is making you waste yours.

That right there, is comedy (with a healthy dose of irony) :p

20. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    the prices may not be right but they are good cards and unfortunately nvidia has no competition so there is that...

BangTail likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.