The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    The Dev's from Dice have said that they have had BFV running at 1440p 30-40 fps. They have also said they can get another 30% more performance with optimizing. Everything we have seen so far is just beta material. Just give it some time.

2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/ MAC M1
    I'd rather say an "alpha material", which they wish to push down at a price premium. In terms of raw performance compared to 1080Ti, 2080Ti isn't that impressive. Main gains in this GPU over past gen are from DDR6 and a slight increase in cores. That's about it, the rest is RTX stuff.

4. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Also keep in mind that BFV utilizes reflections only as far as ray-tracing goes. We've yet to see a triple A title (as far as I know) utilize both shadows, reflections and global illumination ray-tracing.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Better than nothing though. The 1080ti is only about 10-20fps away from maintaining 60fps on demanding titles at 4k ultra. If I could get that much of a boost on a 2080ti, I'd be happy with it. I usually sell my cards too when upgrading so it's not really that big of a hit in the wallet.

BananaRepublik and Slinkyminx like this.
  6. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Steam 'specs' are unfortunately nonsense.

There's a TON, more and MORE people who use there PC's with a HDTV these days, it's becoming super popular

..And TV's are standard 4K now

I have my PC connected to my monitor and HDTV, my HDTV is 1080p because I am not playing at DARN WELL 30FPS!!! Or playing games on LOW details with a 6 core 4.8Ghz CPU and a £500 GPU !!!!!

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

[​IMG]

I mean most people (all!?) buying an..... astronomically priced GPU... Are likely wanting to play at higher resolutions and details, or much higher framerates, the fact that you can pay £1200 for the basic top end model (2080 Ti) and have to have an 'OR' AT ALL is the reason I'm out.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  7. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Under 60FPS.... in 2018. No.

I think Dice developers need to be working on the GOSH DARN GAMEPLAY rather then faffing around and delaying BF because Nvidia have a fist up there BLEEEEEEEEEP

Oh gosh, Nvidia have murdered BF.

Whatever Nvidia touch is tainted with ASS, why can't they just play SOMEWHAT fair... The way the game is REALLY meant to be played.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/ MAC M1
    Better get a second 1080Ti then, as it will offer you more performance for less. To purchase 2080Ti for raster graphics is just unreasonable. Even if you have money for it, this card has the worst price to performance ratio ever.

For me as someone living in a poor 3rd world country with 300 Euro average wage, prices like that, that's just unacceptable.

Also with this rushed 2080Ti release, and rumours that initially Turing was planned to be a 10nm chip, I strongly believe that we will see a 3000 series, or whatever it will be maybe already next year.

But then again, if you have money to burn, by all means, go for it. Personally, all things considered, I would invest in something else.

Slinkyminx likes this.
  9. euskai

euskai Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti STRIX
    The only thing that concerns me is running 3440X1440 at 60fps.

If 20XX doesnt prove to be clearly better than 1080ti at doing that, well, 1080ti can be bought at ebay for less than 50% of the 2080ti price

Raytracing, if it ever becomes a thing instead of being the next PhysicX, will be relevant when cards can run it properly, and most games use it. Until then its paying for a cool idea instead of a reality

10. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Actually that would cost me more and sli support is pretty bad. If I go the route I'm planning (sell my current 1080ti and upgrade), I'd get around 50% off the price to purchase the 2080ti. However if I buy a new 1080ti, it would cost me more. Plus I'd need to upgrade my perfectly good psu to a higher wattage.

11. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Ray Tracing is the future. It's nothing like Phys-X. It's absurd to even mention them in the same sentence. Game Devs have been talking about it for years. The hardware has never even been close to rendering it before. This is the holy grail of graphics lighting effects. I cannot for the life of me understand why almost everyone is bagging it.

pharma likes this.
  12. euskai

euskai Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti STRIX
    Well, it mighg be the future, and I will be happy if it is.

But in the present it is only supported by 3 overpriced cards, only supported by a dozen announced games or so, and for all the info available, it kills performance even at a 1300+ € 2080ti

So for now I only care care about raw power, if RT becomes the future I will care about it then, right now its just price/performance

If RT rule happens I dont think it will be with 20XX series

13. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    Well in my country the end price (including taxes and dolar exchange) is 1480$ for 2080ti, and with average 500$ wage not so many people will buy that card for sure.

Tech of tomorrow talks about turing price

According to him Turing will sell well because of miners, but it will be the worst time for high end enthusiasts and people will go for much cheaper AMD products.

Slinkyminx, Hulk12 and cryohellinc like this.
  14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    The mining craze has stopped. The new cards will sell to the 1% that buys High-end HW.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    when are reviews dropping, wasn't supposed to be today?

16. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Shall be interesting to see if all the leaks are correct... i won't be surprised if the performance increase is as meager as the leaks suggest.

18. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    Almost positive that I'm skipping this generation for the 3000 series next year regardless of the tests later today.

Mostly performance increase in 4K - not of much use to me since I'm gaming in 1440p.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    XenthorX, pharma, yasamoka and 2 others like this.
  20. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    That IMO is actually the smartest move he could make, until Nvidia spies people doing this.... and... finds a way.. Nvidia... finds a way (In with the Goldblum)

Moving on...

A statement that is as frightening as it is true, for us PC gamign enthusiasts ... (the ones with modest budgets)

There is no denying it, it's devastating to someone like me who falls in the catagory of, can save for these absurdly priced GPU's but it's got so out of hand, while I CAN DEFINITELY do it, I can't even CLOSE to justify it anymore, I have family who would benefit from me spending this money elsewhere.

I mean, this is Nvidia plan right? Low volume high margin??

pimpineasy and cryohellinc like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.