The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    NVIDIA confirmed that the reviews will go online 14/9.

XenthorX likes this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    Source ?

3. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Came across this on Pierre Terdiman's blog which I found interesting, thought I'd share it:

http://www.codercorner.com/blog/?p=2013
    First half is about the false claims people have been bringing up about PhysX since the new cards have come out, second half is about the lack of knowledge with raytracing.

fleggy and yasamoka like this.
  4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    What the f***?

Where is your evidence for this? You don't have a shred of it and you obviously do not understand how fabrication processes and wafer yields work. There is nothing magical whatsoever about what Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Qualcomm, or Samsung are building. It's not alien technology. There are real issues that need to be dealt with the further we slim down those transistors. Go learn about these issues before whipping out baseless conspiracy theories.

What IS your point from all this rambling.

XenthorX and Slinkyminx like this.

5. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Seems 7nm Ampere will be out in 2020. They’re saying 34% more performance and 65% less power.

Still 2 years off though... RTX on that will be a killer, especially if they speed it up another 6X for Ampere.

All rumors though...but makes perfect sense.

6. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
    You're one of the more knowledgeable posters on this forum and I have been reading your posts, learning from yoru posts, and conversing with you since I had my HD4870 Crossifre a good while a go, but if you do not clearly see the 2080 is a mid range card (no, no of course it's not marketed that way....) then I can not help you man, or if I could, this is a dead end vs people who don't even WANT to know the real truth so, I am going to get on with my relaxing Sunday morning.

In the end... it's all moot, anyway.

I mean, I could pay £400 now, and get PRETTY MUCH the same performance as when I paid £400... two years ago.

This is hideous.

7. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    If 7nm AMD GPU will really push 20tflops at the end of 2018 as leaks suggest, then maybe Nv will speed up ampere launch because I think 20tflops GPU from AMD will crush 2080ti very easily
    https://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-new-7nm-radeon-graphics-cards-launching-in-2018/

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    tflops do not correlated to fps, or have people totally forgotten all those years of radeons with high numbers and low gaming performance....

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Yup, he talks alot of sense imo, although it doesn't change the fact they are still ridiculously expensive!

klepp0906 likes this.
  10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    How about you explain why the 2080 is suddenly a midrange card?

11. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Nvidia's statement of 1 gigaray/s for GP102 was recently confirmed using the fallback method (since DXR is not supported in current drivers).
    Hopefully reviewers use this test on AMD and Nvidia cards to arrive at gigarays per second results.

Thanks for @Voxilla for running the test.

12. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    On the same architecture more tflops equals more fps. But of course here we are talking about different architectures (AMD vs GPU architecture differences), and AMD tflops real performance is not equivalent to Nv tflops. For example AMD 5870 had 2x more tflops compared to Nv GTX 480, yet both cards were comparable performance wise. But that was many years ago and since then AMD improved their tflops performance a lot, and that gap is very close currently. 20 tflops and even better architecture will make AMD GPU extremely fast, and maybe that's why Nv is rushing with 2080ti because they know 2080ti will be not performance king for long (normaly they would just release GTX 2080, but not 2080ti at the same time).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    Underwhelming if true, but hardly surprising...

15. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
    no

K.S. likes this.

16. erho

erho Member

GPU:
    Pascal
    Where does it say OC?

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Vega Instinct for Servers has nothing to do with desktop GPU's and this is a 400 watt part according to AMD.

pharma likes this.
  18. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Lol, fake. No link and no supporting drivers yet.

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Don't expect consumer 7nm GPUs before 2020..

20. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060

I like the points they make, in the end, if AMD delivers something that can run games in 4k at 80-100fps, at a fraction of Turing cost, it will be hugely popular. I definitely will go for performance over ray tracing.

Unless Nvidia will instantly counter AMD's release with the release of their own non-ray tracing cards. GTX 2000 series still can happen.

LuckyNumber8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.