1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Keitosha likes this.
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti sc+
    out of stock :(

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    1200 USD !!!!!

I'm not paying premium for founders edition... gonna wait for msi gaming x version, and get 2.

Keitosha likes this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    Yeah no, not at that price... FE or not.

I really hope this isn't an indication of RTX pricing overall.
    Because if it is this is the first time I can't upgrade simply because I can't afford it!

(Lower end cards not worth it due to performance).

So it seems that my next GPU will likely be an AMD one.
    Even if they wouldn't reach RTX performance with Vega 2 should still be powerful enough (I hope) vs. 980 Ti and definitely cheaper.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018

5. TheWahoo

TheWahoo Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080 Hybrid
    Any rumors (or better yet, confirmations) about 20xx cards supporting Freesync? I know it's highly unlikely but I want to upgrade my HTPC/Couch gaming rig to support variable refresh on my TV. I just can't justify side-grading to Vega from the 1070 that's already in it.

It seems like the industry has spoken and much like the format wars of the past, Freesync has come out on top. I see no reason why they couldn't support both. I mean, cracked Freesync drivers for Nvidia cards were circulating for a while there so clearly the cards are capable and I can't imagine the licensing revenue from Gsync is significant enough to matter.

C'mon Nvidia!

Noisiv likes this.
  6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Reference is 1000 USD, still too much.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Honestly, I quite enjoyed the announcement, to my own surprise. Yet... 1k for a 2080Ti? I'm really not sure about that... also depends on that OC headroom Jensen talked about.

All I'm sayin', "we got to make things that look like things that look like things!" and "10 Giga Rays!"

8. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Damn wasn't able to get it at eVGA. My cards didn't go through even though they're pretty much empty and I have a big line of credit. Not sure why. Oh well...might as well wait for the FTW3 or Hybrid.

9. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    NVIDIA's greed strikes again.

Irsh likes this.
  10. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    To be fair...they could have given us Volta which is 4 times slower in RT and then released Turing in a year. I think the improvements in tech are amazing and the pricing isn't out of this world. Is it still high? Yeah.

11. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX480 Strix
    Unfortunately that's what happens with a lack of competition.

Mda400 likes this.
  12. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    i'm considering getting a normal RTX 2080. I only plan on running 1440p... so i shouldn't need the higher memory bandwidth of the TI right?

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Agree, it's still too much, but i've had these gpu's for more than 2 years, and it's time for an upgrade !

14. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX480 Strix
    It's morning here, so I've only just woken up. Was there any mention of performance or benchmarks.

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Eh, not really concrete from what I saw. Just the same stuff that happens at all of these kinds of events. You know, like when they showed off the 1080 years ago and said it "easily hit 2.1GHz on air" yet I've never seen one in person that can even hit 2GHz. I am flabbergasted by the prices, but I'll reserve judgment for price versus performance against Pascal until @Hilbert Hagedoorn comes out with the benchmarks.

Maddness likes this.

16. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
    $1,200? Wow.. GTFO. Consumer cards are reaching Workstation prices..

Keitosha and lucidus like this.
  17. klepp0906

klepp0906 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE SLI
    yea the price makes me wanna switch teams on principle alone

18. klepp0906

klepp0906 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE SLI
    hope they dont plan on selling a ton. I imagine theyre smart enough to realize that the overwhelming majority of their core audience is like.. kids and students. I know i never had that kind of disposable income until..... wait - im in my 30s and i still need to thoroughly plan that kind of purchase.

every year prices creep up cause they can. meanwhile, wages havent increased in like 20 years. good time to be alive.

Keitosha likes this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Same, also in my 30's, and got a massive dental bill coming up, so it's gonna be tight... but then again, at least in denmark pc hardware is a fairly cheap hobby, compared to for instance horses.

20. sneipen

sneipen Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2ghz
    Prices are mental, over 1600usd for a 2080ti where i live. More than my whole build cost when i ordered parts. This greed isnt good for pc gaming, hope intel and amd can normalize marked in the future. If they dont charge same prices, so 1000usd+ prices becomes the new norm.
    I could order one, i got the cash. But no, just no. Dont wanna support this madness.. o_O

klepp0906 likes this.