The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Keitosha likes this.
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    out of stock :(

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    1200 USD !!!!!

I'm not paying premium for founders edition... gonna wait for msi gaming x version, and get 2.

Keitosha likes this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah no, not at that price... FE or not.

I really hope this isn't an indication of RTX pricing overall.
    Because if it is this is the first time I can't upgrade simply because I can't afford it!

(Lower end cards not worth it due to performance).

So it seems that my next GPU will likely be an AMD one.
    Even if they wouldn't reach RTX performance with Vega 2 should still be powerful enough (I hope) vs. 980 Ti and definitely cheaper.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018

5. TheWahoo

TheWahoo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080 Hybrid
    Any rumors (or better yet, confirmations) about 20xx cards supporting Freesync? I know it's highly unlikely but I want to upgrade my HTPC/Couch gaming rig to support variable refresh on my TV. I just can't justify side-grading to Vega from the 1070 that's already in it.

It seems like the industry has spoken and much like the format wars of the past, Freesync has come out on top. I see no reason why they couldn't support both. I mean, cracked Freesync drivers for Nvidia cards were circulating for a while there so clearly the cards are capable and I can't imagine the licensing revenue from Gsync is significant enough to matter.

C'mon Nvidia!

Noisiv likes this.
  6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Reference is 1000 USD, still too much.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Honestly, I quite enjoyed the announcement, to my own surprise. Yet... 1k for a 2080Ti? I'm really not sure about that... also depends on that OC headroom Jensen talked about.

All I'm sayin', "we got to make things that look like things that look like things!" and "10 Giga Rays!"

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    NVIDIA's greed strikes again.

Jackalito and Irsh like this.
  9. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Unfortunately that's what happens with a lack of competition.

Jackalito and Mda400 like this.
  10. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    i'm considering getting a normal RTX 2080. I only plan on running 1440p... so i shouldn't need the higher memory bandwidth of the TI right?

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Agree, it's still too much, but i've had these gpu's for more than 2 years, and it's time for an upgrade !

12. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It's morning here, so I've only just woken up. Was there any mention of performance or benchmarks.

13. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Eh, not really concrete from what I saw. Just the same stuff that happens at all of these kinds of events. You know, like when they showed off the 1080 years ago and said it "easily hit 2.1GHz on air" yet I've never seen one in person that can even hit 2GHz. I am flabbergasted by the prices, but I'll reserve judgment for price versus performance against Pascal until @Hilbert Hagedoorn comes out with the benchmarks.

Maddness likes this.
  14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    $1,200? Wow.. GTFO. Consumer cards are reaching Workstation prices..

Keitosha and lucidus like this.
  15. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    yea the price makes me wanna switch teams on principle alone

16. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    hope they dont plan on selling a ton. I imagine theyre smart enough to realize that the overwhelming majority of their core audience is like.. kids and students. I know i never had that kind of disposable income until..... wait - im in my 30s and i still need to thoroughly plan that kind of purchase.

every year prices creep up cause they can. meanwhile, wages havent increased in like 20 years. good time to be alive.

Keitosha likes this.
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Same, also in my 30's, and got a massive dental bill coming up, so it's gonna be tight... but then again, at least in denmark pc hardware is a fairly cheap hobby, compared to for instance horses.

18. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Prices are mental, over 1600usd for a 2080ti where i live. More than my whole build cost when i ordered parts. This greed isnt good for pc gaming, hope intel and amd can normalize marked in the future. If they dont charge same prices, so 1000usd+ prices becomes the new norm.
    I could order one, i got the cash. But no, just no. Dont wanna support this madness.. o_O

klepp0906 likes this.
  19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not at that price, I'm not, and even at a "bargain" (in comparison, ha ha ha!) £749 price the RTX 2080 would feel like a step down from the GTX 1080 Ti in terms of memory bandwidth and VRAM.

The pricing is a good thing really for me because it removes any chance of the card ever being an "impulse" buy. I'll wait to see what next year's 7nm die-shrunk Turing cards bring to the table and by then there should be a reasonable number of games out that actually make use of the cards' features.

20. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    I agree with the complaints on the pricing, next to no games are going to support RTX tech and are you even playing half of them? BFV might actually be a flop the way things are looking and ray tracing isn't going to solve core gameplay elements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.