The RTX 2080Ti thread (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. toasty

toasty Member Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Trio X
    dk_mic and DannyD like this.
  2. dk_mic

dk_mic New Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Nice how you get similar temps as it would be on water!!
    Here is my result. This is with stock cooling, but replaced bad fabric paste application with kryonaut.
    Fan curve is custom, but only up to 60% until 75C.
    Curve is at 2070Mhz @ 1.025 V, but it doesnt boost that high in this bench.
    Flashed the "406 W" bios for the MSI 2080 Ti Gaming Trio X.
    Still considering your cooling solution, just for fun :)

Untitled.png Untitled.png

3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Gaming X trio has great cooling, especially if you undervolt, almost 6 months i've had this card and almost 6 months the uk gpu market has been down.
    I got my yearly bonus fortnight ago and go no hardware at all, was thinking about VR but i'm very reluctant right now in these times.
    End of the day the 2080ti remains beastly even today, especially with custom bios (i'm on lightning z and undervolt just enough to keep temps way down and power down by 50-80w.
    *Shoutout Afterburner!

jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.
  4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    @toasty Do you have those fans attached to the heatsink in any way, or are you just using gravity in your BTX like setup to keep them in place? My GPU is sideways since I have the Cooler Master HAF XB EVO but I'm interested in strapping some 120mm fans to the heatsink at some point, although they would need to be secured somehow.
    @DannyD I totally agree! The MSI 2080Ti Gaming X Trio has been one of the best GPU's I have owned............after I replaced the terrible stock paste coverage. Maintaining 2070 core in all games, 70C or lower, quiet noise profile and +1000 Mem since the day I bought it. I now have a Nov-Apr profile (1.050v @ 2100 core, +1000 mem, ~340W average) and a May-Oct profile (0.850v @ 1900 core, +1000 mem, ~250W average) for the warmer time of the year.

DannyD likes this.

5. dk_mic

dk_mic New Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I did it like this, can recommend (2x Arctic p12 and 1x Noctua NF-A9). Replacing a bad factory thermal paste application and new fans works wonders. Not that the default cooler is bad, but this is another level. Also tried 2x 140mm fans, but that was worse for some reason.
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Had my msi card running 15800mhz on the vram for around a fortnight 24 /7 just shows you tho how robust these things are, max hotspot temp 68C.
    running 1.11v through the cpu to keep things cool. 707mv through the gpu.