The RTX 2080Ti thread (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Would you mind posting the uncropped photo so I can see your fan curve and power? Also it seems like you got a pretty good card with the clocks you can hit! I still keep my 1.075v/2070MHz profile around for the most demanding games, but I usually use the much more efficient 0.900v/1980MHz profile I dialed in. Maxes out at 275W.

Lastly, did you notice that you lost fan stop capabilities when flashing to the MSI Lightning Z BIOS?

2. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    yes i lost fan stop, in rdr2 power is around 340-360w, fan 85%
    general max clock 2160mhz

BuildeR2 likes this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    rdr2 locked at 60fps, power and fan are bottom two:

[​IMG]

BuildeR2 likes this.
  4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    @DannyD Thank you for all of your help along the way! I finally fixed the issues............and I feel ashamed. I tried BIOS, drivers, Network cards, reinstalling Windows, even different PSU's. When I had the same stupid fan issues on 3 different PC's I finally broke down and decided to break the warranty seals and crack open the GPU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, that would be why the fans are going crazy and ignoring my manual settings! That big old chunk of die area that isn't even covered. These pictures were taken mere seconds after removing the cooler for the first time. A new application of some MX-4 and this baby is whisper quiet at a constant 330W load, better than new.

DannyD and fantaskarsef like this.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o

lul that TIM job is pretty ridiculous... glad you got it sorted though.

BuildeR2 likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Congrats on the successful TIM change, one of the best things you can do for your gpu, though such a tricky job at times it's best left as the last option.
    I'm feeling quite confident we'll get a good CP2077 experience with these cards.:)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020 at 12:23 AM
  7. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    As above there congratulations on successful TIM change, usually its my first thing which I do on the GPUs, changing TIM

Personally I use Thermalright TFX or TF8 as TIM although Noctua NT-H1 or Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut are good too, Noctua NT-H1 I usually recommend for GPUs, Kryonaut not sure why but doesn't work for me on GPUs which is strange

Flashed EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 BIOS on Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP and finally its clocks like should, previously with Galax 380W BIOS Zotac wouldn't run 2040-2055MHz in CUDA or Optix rendering, it would straight away TDR or crash if I would add more than 15-30MHz on core in rendering, now with FTW3 BIOS Zotac I'm running 2040-2055MHz in rendering, for benchmarks it can run 2145MHz as max and temperatures are 36-38°C with Aquacomputer Kryographics RTX 2080Ti waterblock and active backplate

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura