The RTX 2080Ti thread (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

Yes with Galax 380W BIOS you will loose DP and HDMI ports

Assume you have OC version of Strix, if yes then best BIOS is Matrix BIOS which is 360W and I can confirm all DP and HDMI ports are working

Can you try move switch to OC or Quiet and try flash there BIOS again

Its strange with any of these BIOS you are having issues with the ports

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

2. amieneel

amieneel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    Hello guys ,
    It has been long time I post something in here, come here read topics and reviews and go out. Now I need a information from guru's over here, recently I install metro exodus with expansion packs, now when i enable ray tracing with ultra settings at 1080p i dont see or feel any visual diffrence , it remains same like without ray tracing,and also cant enable dlss , it keep switching off when i try to save settings.
    Now my question is that driver issue, or game issue? My gpu is 2080ti with letest driver,rest is 16gb ram,ryzen 2700 .
    I did not open any new topic for it, sorry guys if I post in wrong section.

Thanks

3. cheeseycase

cheeseycase New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080Ti
    Hey there, yeah i tried switching from OC to Quiet and flashed the vbios.
    It works now, once i applied the settings, it showed 2 displays.
    I guess it only works once you applied the settings and not at the y/n prompt to accept settings.
    Appreciate your help. Now my limit is at 360w.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    @DannyD @Maulet
    If y'all still have your MSI Gaming X Trio 2080 Ti around could you do me huge favor? Could you open MSI AB or GPU-Z and check your BIOS version? I've gone back to my stock BIOS since I no longer need the extra wattage afforded by the Lightning Z BIOS after my recent undervolting tests, but I forgot it has this super annoying bug/feature where it throws an absolute fit when the GPU touches 70C. All fans go straight to 100% speed until things cool down to 69C, then it hits 70C again and fans go berserk etc....

My stock BIOS version is 90.02.30.00.65 and I've found at least 2 newer files on the TPU BIOS database that I could try, hoping MSI fixed this fan issue. The fan issue still exists while using manual fan control through MSI AB as you can see in my attached screenshot. For whatever reason the fan % monitor doesn't pick up these fits, but you can clearly see that the RPM ramps up massively making things super noisy. Thanks in advance for helping me not rip all my hair out!

[​IMG]

5. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Hi sry for late reply,

[​IMG]

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Awesome, thank you! Your BIOS appears to be 2-3 months newer than mine. You don't have any problem with your fans ramping to 100% at 70C like in my screenshot?

7. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    No probs with card at all, very happy with how it performs, everything behaves.

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Well, I'm kind of at a loss now. I tried your BIOS and still have the fan ramping issues, then I updated to the March 2020 BIOS and same thing. The problem must stem from somewhere else. I've totally uninstalled MSI AB in my testing just to make sure there weren't residual settings, now I'm going to start trying things like the Realtek 2.5G LAN and Spread Spectrum. I've read some forums (including ours) that mention X570 boards having issues with other devices while those are in use.

I'll tell you what, the fans ramping to 100% any time the GPU touches 70C is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.................I can hear them over my headset while playing games.

9. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
  10. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    [​IMG]

My first Lightning card:p
    Power limit 360w, just right for me.
    Edit: it's 380w bios.:D
    *currently benching ..
    **had to re-install afterburner and one of my browsers.:cool:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    jura11 likes this.

11. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Gpu now plods along in games at 2100 - 2085mhz, before the flash it was 2070 - 2055mhz
    In stress tests the gpu would max out power limit and downclock, not any more, lightning z bios excellent!

jura11 likes this.
  12. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

Agree 330W BIOS is just not enough,you want something like 360-380W BIOS for RTX2080Ti,my Asus RTX2080Ti as stock BIOS is 330W and I would hit everytime power limit and due this I flashed with Matrix BIOS which is one of the best BIOS for Asus RTX2080Ti Strix,for yours you can try other BIOS like EVGA FTW3,i personally when I flash BIOS I compare I/O on the GPUs and if ports are same or exactly on same position you will not loose any DP or HDMI ports,sadly Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix is compatible only with itself and any other BIOS will cause you will loose like DP and HDMI ports

If you can get hands on LN2 NDA BIOS from MSI then you are golden,its 1000W BIOS but for that I would recommend to have proper cooling like at least be under water

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

DannyD likes this.
  13. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    DannyD likes this.
  14. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Yes after a long rdr2 session i noticed my max temps were up by around 5C, i'll try the unigine bench at same settings and get back.
    Thanks for support!:D
    Hmm i get around 13500 score, using my 24/7 clocks at least (2085mhz), impressive @jura11 .

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  15. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

I would expect temperatures would be higher because you are now running higher power limit and therefore temperatures should be higher than before

With new BIOS are you seeing stable clocks or are you still seeing downclocking?

You can try as well downvolting, try manual V/F curve with 2025-2050MHz at 1.0v

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

16. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Hi, before the flash i would only really see downclocking while benching as i've fps limited to 60, but now only very light downclocking but still good clocks, max it'll downclock to now is around 2040, most of the time it's around 2085.
    Not too bothered with downvolting, i wouldn't have flashed either but rdr2 is too demanding! :D
    Thanks jura:)

jura11 likes this.
  17. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    @DannyD

13500 points in Superposition is not bad there, you can try raise VRAM clocks, try +400MHz as start and raise till you see artifacts or decreases of scores

My score is with 2205MHz OC profile and manual V/F curve

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

DannyD likes this.
  18. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Already got +930 on the vram and when i was testing a while back i got lower results once i hit +1000, maybe different now but i'm happy with card currently, don't want to go and blow this one up.:D

jura11 likes this.
  19. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    @DannyD

On Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix I can do 700MHz on VRAM as max, 800MHz in some benchmarks is possible but that's it, with Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP I remember I can do 1175MHz on VRAM and still scores are lot lower than with Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix

2085MHz its quite good OC, I used similar OC on my Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP, usually I run 2100MHz OC then lowered to 2085MHz because with 2100MHz OC its been unstable in Control or in Metro Exodus with RT enabled

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

20. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    A run of Superposition, noticed now my max downclock is 2070, most of time solid 2085.
    [​IMG]

jura11 likes this.