The RTX 2080Ti thread (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this thread is about the 2080ti, which didn't have distinction between A and non A.

2. 980TIhardflash

980TIhardflash New Member

GPU:
    980 TI KFA² OC
  3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Expecting my msi card in a couple hours, wish me luck, got a 30day return anyways.
    My last card a 2070s was power starved on arrival, and after flashing the bios to try and save it the thing didn't last a week.
    No intentions of flashing this card (x trio), just waiting to fire up the 6 new games i bought, been building this pc for around 3 -4 months now and today it's complete, at least for a while (6 months max i imagine, even less perhaps).
    But that's cool because i haven't played a pc game in years, apart from 3 weeks with a gt 1030 (which was surprisingly decent @1080) and also that 2070s for 10 days.
    I'm looking forwards to trying dlss 2.0

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    I've loved every day with my MSI Gaming X Trio, I hope you got a good deal and a good sample. During the cold months I run around 2070MHz@1.000v&+1000MHz VRAM, while recently I've been using my 1980MHz@0.900v&+800MHz VRAM profile.

If you have time maybe mess around with a bit of undervolting, that way you are less likely to bump up against the power limits of the stock BIOS. I should also mention that I had a fun time finding out that I could maintain high 1900's at 0.900v, even though I'm on the MSI Lightning Z BIOS that goes up to 380W-400W. It is quite entertaining to save 100W in heavy games and only be 3% slower. :)

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Yes, i'm very happy, luckily i got a new card and a very good deal. The card @ stock sits around 1920, i'm just starting to OC it now.
    It's got sammy memory so happy about that, temps peak around 70C with heavy gaming like rdr2 maxed @1440p.
    I've not touched the voltages on it, just getting into my games for now.:D
    I set the rgb to a solid red, looks great.

6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    I applied a semi-aggresive fan profile to the x trio and it peaks at 64C, 2025mhz, i'm just starting to OC the thing but i feel it's got a lot of leg room yet.
    I'm tempted by the lightning z bios not gonna lie but if it's a good chip then no need.
    Gonna find most stable OC now ..
    *I'm loving Control with RT, dlss i like also.

7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Got it running games at 2075Mhz @65C, still to try it any higher, as yet encountered zero issues, max boost clock noted was 2115.
    Totally lucked out this time. I put a modest +700 on the vram till i find the sweet spot for core clock.

8. Maulet

Maulet Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    It's a gorgerous card this TrioX. After the auto-tuning I have not touched anything (after the initial 3D Mark benches and OC fiddling for fun). It eats games and apart from the nerdiness of latest greatest I have no real need for a 3080. I need time to game! ;)
    But considering the new price I paid it maybe was the worst purchase of my life, when prices where farest away from the reasonable.

9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Sure it was overpriced but it's been on top for years, it's not like an uber version of it was released 6 months after it.
    This card has put me in the mood for more premium cards, i could see me spending around £900 now for one whereas before my limit was around £700.

Maulet likes this.
  10. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I really feel sorry for guys who sold their RTX 2080Ti for £450 or so, prior to launch of RTX 3080 prices dropped to £450-£550

Now prices are returning back to normal to £699-£750

I will wait on RTX 3090 launch and see what performance will bring us, 3080 is not worth it to upgrade it

Thanks, Jura

serbicu likes this.

11. cheeseycase

cheeseycase New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080Ti
    Hey may I check something with you?
    I currently own a ASUS Strix 2080Ti.
    Ive been trying to flash the Galax 380w, however the vbios only gives me 1 dp and 1 hdmi.
    Ive also tried the FTW3 373w and Asus 360 Matrix, however they all give me 1 dp and 1 hdmi.
    I noted that it happens after flashing and during the prompt to y/n the new vbios, ill abort the flash as there is only 1dp for all the flashed bios.

12. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Yes with Galax 380W BIOS you will loose DP and HDMI ports

Assume you have OC version of Strix, if yes then best BIOS is Matrix BIOS which is 360W and I can confirm all DP and HDMI ports are working

Can you try move switch to OC or Quiet and try flash there BIOS again

Its strange with any of these BIOS you are having issues with the ports

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

13. amieneel

amieneel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    Hello guys ,
    It has been long time I post something in here, come here read topics and reviews and go out. Now I need a information from guru's over here, recently I install metro exodus with expansion packs, now when i enable ray tracing with ultra settings at 1080p i dont see or feel any visual diffrence , it remains same like without ray tracing,and also cant enable dlss , it keep switching off when i try to save settings.
    Now my question is that driver issue, or game issue? My gpu is 2080ti with letest driver,rest is 16gb ram,ryzen 2700 .
    I did not open any new topic for it, sorry guys if I post in wrong section.

Thanks

14. cheeseycase

cheeseycase New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080Ti
    Hey there, yeah i tried switching from OC to Quiet and flashed the vbios.
    It works now, once i applied the settings, it showed 2 displays.
    I guess it only works once you applied the settings and not at the y/n prompt to accept settings.
    Appreciate your help. Now my limit is at 360w.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    @DannyD @Maulet
    If y'all still have your MSI Gaming X Trio 2080 Ti around could you do me huge favor? Could you open MSI AB or GPU-Z and check your BIOS version? I've gone back to my stock BIOS since I no longer need the extra wattage afforded by the Lightning Z BIOS after my recent undervolting tests, but I forgot it has this super annoying bug/feature where it throws an absolute fit when the GPU touches 70C. All fans go straight to 100% speed until things cool down to 69C, then it hits 70C again and fans go berserk etc....

My stock BIOS version is 90.02.30.00.65 and I've found at least 2 newer files on the TPU BIOS database that I could try, hoping MSI fixed this fan issue. The fan issue still exists while using manual fan control through MSI AB as you can see in my attached screenshot. For whatever reason the fan % monitor doesn't pick up these fits, but you can clearly see that the RPM ramps up massively making things super noisy. Thanks in advance for helping me not rip all my hair out!

[​IMG]

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Hi sry for late reply,

[​IMG]

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Awesome, thank you! Your BIOS appears to be 2-3 months newer than mine. You don't have any problem with your fans ramping to 100% at 70C like in my screenshot?

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    No probs with card at all, very happy with how it performs, everything behaves.

19. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Well, I'm kind of at a loss now. I tried your BIOS and still have the fan ramping issues, then I updated to the March 2020 BIOS and same thing. The problem must stem from somewhere else. I've totally uninstalled MSI AB in my testing just to make sure there weren't residual settings, now I'm going to start trying things like the Realtek 2.5G LAN and Spread Spectrum. I've read some forums (including ours) that mention X570 boards having issues with other devices while those are in use.

I'll tell you what, the fans ramping to 100% any time the GPU touches 70C is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.................I can hear them over my headset while playing games.

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060