The RTX 2080 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by JoonyDoom, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Nah. 144hz is the keyword there. I had a similar setup and went from a 1070 to 2080 so I can be above 100fps or use ultra settings in games that I otherwise couldn't. Playing at or around 144hz with everything on ultra is so worth it, where before games like AC:O would dip down to the 50s with settings adjusted. I guess "waste of money" depends on what you want your gaming experience to be and is very subjective. I personally think 4K is a waste of money and that gaming should be focused on 1440p instead of pushing 4K everywhere but that's just me.. I like 120+fps/Hz over a resolution bump when 1440p is typically pretty golden even with just FXAA.

EDIT: Boy PC gaming has become spoiled. I remember back when everyone was just aiming for 60 FPS on Crysis lol. Good time to be alive for gaming I guess :)

EDIT 2: Just want to make it clear that I don't think 4K is stupid or useless, I just think gaming should be pushing to 1440p instead. Especially consoles... they can barely sustain 60fps in most games.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Charles Verity likes this.
  2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    I would just like to point out that I called the naming scheme way before the name was announced. I'm smart.
    [​IMG]

jura11 likes this.
  3. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Nvidia divides its Turing GPUs into classes A and non-A. If you're lucky, you'll find an A-GPU under the cooler of its low-priced Geforce RTX - and you'll have unimaginable possibilities. PC Games Hardware shows what tuning-joyful lucky guys can get out of a Geforce RTX 2080.

While owners of a factory-overclocked Turing graphics card are guaranteed to own an A-chip, all users of a cheaper, factory overclocked Geforce RTX 2080 (Ti) and RTX 2070 should check the device ID using GPU-Z.

Remember it's at your own risk ....

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Gefor.../Nvidia-BIOS-Mod-Powerlimit-erhoehen-1268042/

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    .... Yeah read that too. Or you check first with teardown reviews, or possible, techpowerup to see what chip's underneath the cooler.

pharma likes this.

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Interesting. I just checked and my 2080 is "1E87" which according to that article is "good". I assume this is similar to the silicon lottery we all play with CPU chips? Some CPU chips are just 'better' than others when it comes to OC/voltages.. similar thing going on here?

pharma likes this.
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Pretty happy with the Duke. Was a tight fit in the case and had to wiggle it in, but it fits ;) (case officially support max 310mm cards, and the Duke is 314mm).
    [​IMG]

pharma and Geryboy like this.
  8. d5aqoep

d5aqoep Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    Good card or Bad card?

[​IMG]

9. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    That site translates like sh**
    Using the above members graph so we aren't all posting ours. How do we know which card we have?

10. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    IE87 seems legit.

11. JoonyDoom

JoonyDoom Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Battlefield V 1440p runs choppy with DX12. RTX ON single player really isn't playable. Multiplayer the 2080 RTX ON just crashes on me. However DX11 on 2080 is most excellent buttery smooth. Throwing the RTX ON switch to the on position was like powering up Frankenstein but he still is not alive.

12. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Give it 6 months to a year. They'll degrade the quality ...I mean, optimize the hell out of it.

13. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Here is mine [​IMG]

wondering why mine is somewhat different than SerotoNiN's when it comes to the basics

14. doza

doza Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Duke
    i tried BFV with rtx2080 duke and fps drop is there, but i dont see eny reflections, with rtx, with rtx off im back to 90-100fps ultra....

15. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Well, there are enough youtube videos out there that show the reflections. Just look at a few and go to the same locations where you see reflections in the videos.

16. doza

doza Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Duke
    with rtx on/off there are no reflections, only fps drop

17. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    i see reflections with rtx on, you have to be in an area of reflections to actually see them such as the B flag on rotterdam inside the building.

Kolt likes this.
  18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Maddness, Undying and pharma like this.
  19. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Friend wants my 1080ti so he can Sli I said buy me a MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO 8GB and you have a deal almost fell over when he said ok he paid Scan they deliver my new 2080 Friday figure it is about the same just NEW

Maddness likes this.
  20. The1

The1 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 780ti SC, H20
    Happy New Year!!

Maddness, pharma and Barry J like this.