1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RTX 2080 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by JoonyDoom, Sep 18, 2018.

1. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Oh no don't worry about it, its all preference.

You can manipulate curve for high OC or more stable frequency via Afterburner (Ctrl + F).

Sometimes I just underclock/undervolt so my fans don't spin up and still run at 60ish while gaming so my rig is completely silent as if its turned off lol.

I have open back headphones so I can hear everything and I don't want to hear my rig :D

2. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    -Tj- and alanm like this.
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  4. funkydmunky

funkydmunky Member

GPU:
    RTX2080
    That is what I found. At first the FPS went higher, but I noticed the MIN FPS was dropping. Not ideal for VR. Then the TDP wall hit as you say, and the further I pushed the worse it got for everything.

5. DennisMccoy

DennisMccoy New Member

GPU:
    16 MB
    MSI RTX 2080 I think it's wonderful :)

6. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    I have a Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC 8G card and there is a BIOS update available.

I used the Aorus engine and went to VGA update and it says that F13 is the new BIOS.

I download the new BIOS..it contains an .exe file. When I run as Admin (or otherwise) it says

"Windows cannot find C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Local\Temp\N2080GO.F13.exe.."

Yes the file is not there...how is it supposed to get there?

There is also a .zip file .x64 when i try to unzip it there is a password?? Seriously what is going on here?

7. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Anyone that has one of those hybrid cards?
    Currently got a msi 2080 sea hawk x hybrid, screws holding the waterpump wasnt tighten at all. 1screw was really loose.. So, just a small advice. Check screws holding cooler, even air. I experienced this with a msi gtx1080 also.
    Just wanna give a heads up, iv seen some report temperature being a bit high.

8. Cidus156

Cidus156 New Member

GPU:
    Stupid question... I can afford a RTX2080 super but the extra performance against a 5700XT does not justify the price difference (at least for me +10% in 1440)... I am not an hardcore gamer just 1 or 2 hours per week...
    I am not interested by the raytracing either....
    Target 1440 144hz medium quality
    Any good excuse to buy a 2080s?

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    It's just more future proof for you, in keeping that 1440p 144zh medium settings target :D

10. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Decided to put another RTX GPU in my 2nd pc Interesting comparing
    RTx2080 Trio against the RTX 2080 Trio Super model
    RTX 2080 Trio overclocks rock solid 2100 core have mem at +400 used at 4K also HTC Vive and a 3D projector i7 8700K @ 4.8
    RTX 2080 Trio Super Overclocks 2070 core have mem at +400 used at 1080P i5 9600k @4.9

Really not an upgrade option for anyone with a 2080 as it only gives a very slight Boost
    I just need to decide if the Super goes in my main Rig or in my 2nd PC my sons pc ready for Minecraft RT but as there so similar not sure if it's worth the Hassle.

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thanks for confirming what I expected: Not worth the bother to replace a "normal" card with a "super" card for the sake of it.

Barry J likes this.