1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jeremy, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Haha funny man,your right.
    This thread is a great read and very funny in parts.

2. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    To be honest i was surprised how conservative everything was. Having photographed around 200 weddings I have seen people spending much more than the Royal Family. Other than the big cathedral, the flowers were minimal, the dress was very low key, nothing special really.

As for people complaining about them spending our tax money.... I'm sure there were so many tourists (who LOVE royal family), spending money on local hotels, tubes, restaurants, pubs etc, it paid off with a profit.

3. *Bio*

*Bio* Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 6620G
    Ohai there you need to read up about all the oil scotland has :wanker:

In truth scotland would better of in allot of ways probably more like norway.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, take away the Oil, and see what happens.

Not forgetting also Whiskey exports, which this year was claimed to have defied the global recession by increasing by 10% to 3.5billlion from the previous year, and 60% from 10 years ago adding £109 per second to the UK economy, then there are bottled water exports, which itself is also doing very well, as well as lot of many other smaller, but profitable exports.

In the future, wind/water power will no doubt be a healthy source of income/energy for the country, we have a small population, and lots of land and resources.
    If the English/Welsh would be better off without Scotland, they would of got rid of us years ago, as tbh we are a pain in the arse, so we must be doing something good.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011

5. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Oh nice, an arm chair politician telling us the same old trite comments about the previous government being to blame for the global 'mess' we're suposedly in. Hmm again.

The next person to go political starts getting infraction points.

6. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    Prince William seems like a nice guy and is a genuinely brave person as well. Nothing but respect for the guy. Kate seems like a lovely woman, and i am delighted they had a wonderful day. The amount of money that must have been generated from this event must be astronomical.

7. Bounty

Bounty Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
    What are you gibbering on about? So it's the royal families fault that things are tight at the minute? And if we didn't have a royal family we wouldn't have these cuts?

Seems to me the government both past and present waste millions of pounds on what seems like a daily basis.

Think about it the royal family, who generate income, attract business, pay taxes, employ lots of staff all over the country etc cost us 62p PER YEAR!
    The government rakes in 80-90p from every single litre of fuel purchased. Jeez how many litres of fuel are purchased daily in the UK? For every packet of fags they get over £5. The list goes on and on besides what we are taxed income wise to begin with and yet we're skint and have to make cuts.

Dispite this you seem to be defending the government and slagging off the royal family? Either I have read your post wrong, if so my apologies, or basic arithmetic isn't your strong point

8. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    The wealth of so called royalty around the world was build on the backs of the poor and what amounts to plain thievery. These people have no respect for the common people.

9. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Have fun with your wedding.......................goood for you.............

Japan literally wiped out..................
    USA..................EF5 tornadoes kill over 300.........................

have fun and enjoy as the rest of us rebuild our lives.............................

Sorry and this may sound harsh......but god damn it is just two peeps getting married...................good for them.....did your life change...............NO
    will the county change...................maybe..........................

well good for you................

no one is sending aid our way, but when the world is at it's worst who is there with aid................................U.S...........................

Have fun with your wedding while we lay hundreds to the ground!!!

Sorry but I am not one to get all happy with a wedding that has no bearing on the sorrow that we have to deal with......................

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  10. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

wow :puke2:

i do feel sorry for all those unfortunate who have suffered in japan and tuscaloosa.
    but basically what you're saying is, STOP EVERYONE STOP and feel bad for us and the world?

seriously man, if you dont like the fact that two people are getting married while these terrible things have happened, keep them to yourself because it makes
    no sense to say "you shouldn't have a wedding while terrible things are happening in the world".

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011

11. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Let's mourn everyday forever.

12. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080

Nope, my whole point is that 2 peeps are getting married...............will it change the world ................no

I dont see every one going gaga over trying to help.............but the wedding............look at every news channel............

13. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    useless post..............and trolling with nothing to say...........

14. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    I'm saying that life has to go on, we can't be miserable constantly.

15. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    look, I am not begging to get flamed but holly crap the wedding is just that a wedding.............

Good for them, I am not disputing a great relationship warrants a wedding..

for Christ sake I have been married for 17 years and love it but damn the press is just killing this ......................................

Not after any Guru at all, I am just, well....................fed up and venting............................SORRY!!!!!:kind:

16. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    My point.............................................4 minutes of the tornadoes here in the states and fricken 40 minutes of wedding..............................

17. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Yes the media have been very annoying with their over the top coverage. Probably because they prefer to report good news, it's in most people's nature.

18. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I'm not going to jump into the debate as I haven't read the extent of it nor am I going to since I've been scanning, most of it I don't care as a Canadian, I don't really care that there is a monarchy.

All I will say is, congratulations Prince William and Kate Middleton on your wedding and I hope you two will spend the rest of your lives together and have a great one to the end.

Personally, just like everyone here, they deserve to be united and live their life happily thereafter.

deltatux

19. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    true that...................but move on..............................OMG

20. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Take a walk outside and calm off mykledw.

Yes there's a lot of coverage, do what I do and avoid turning the TV on. I certainly care and I know nearly every country outside of the UK doesn't care. And even half the people who do live there don't care.

But can't do much about it. All the women love to watch.