The Return of the King ? (AMD R3XX Benchies)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Feb 3, 2015.

1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    give me brute force :)

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Damn dude if these are true then 100% gettin the 390X. :D These 7950 babies been waitin far too long.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  3. eminaguil

eminaguil Member

GPU:
    Saphire 5700/Byksi
    I'll wait for a 395x.
    Can you imagine that beast?

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Proper performance jump if thats true.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If this is anywhere near real and if this is the next big release, I'm getting one. I'll wait if nVidia's next gen is rumoured to be released shortly after this, though. Just to get my value for money thing right.

6. Yakk

Yakk Guest

GPU:
    Graphics card
    If these slides are even close to being true ddddaaaammmnnnn!!!! These can't come soon enough!

7. cap5lock

cap5lock Active Member

GPU:
    RTX™ 4070 Ventus 2X
    The power consumption is too huge !
    By seeing GTX 970's low power consumption I thought 2015 will be the year when GPUs don't need additional power input anymore :bang:

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I that's true but it would be really disappointing if it would consume more power than 290X.

9. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    Still think, that this gen will also be on 28nm node.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    The empire strikes back?
    The return of the jedy?

11. Valagard

Valagard Guest

18 posts in and we have some driver bashing.

Timon "It starts!"

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I definitely prefer Nvidia these days over AMD (despite everyone and their dog losing their $hit over the 970) but I'm still glad to see AMD pulling out something that could potentially be the new king of the hill.

Hope that they have an aggressive enough pricing plan for these cards so that it will force Nvidia to do some cuts on their cards.

That said, if pricing isn't right on this new AMD series, I could still see a lot of people sticking with the 970, especially if it gets a price cut.. the price/performance is too good to pass up for many people trying to upgrade on a budget.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's nice to have the lower power draw, but chances are if you're going to overclock or use it as a high end machine, you're not gonna care about power draw.

I only did because power is an issue for Mac Pros.

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Now if that is true performing some 50% better then 290x with 5% more power or something. I'm cool.

15. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I bought the GTX 980 cause my 7970 was over two years old and it was having trouble struggling with the newest games.

Always buy for when you need it, in the world of PC tech, waiting to see "If the next thing is better" is a futile endeavor, because by the time something new comes out, something bigger/better/faster will be announced and in the works.

And then you'll wait for that thing, and then a new thing announced and you'll wait for the next thing. And the next thing. And the next thing.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well not really at that performance it would be almost the same as 970 performance per watt. It consumes roughly 55% more while in 3dmark it would be near 60% faster and game benchies 57% so it wouldn't be that bad.

17. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    If this is accurate, here's hoping the pricing is decent and there's a revision with a good air cooler. I'll throw my 980 to the wolves and grab one of these instead if there are :nerd:.

Isn't the power consumption being so 'low' on the 9XX cards due to dropping the clocks/voltage every chance they get?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  18. ApexiTT

ApexiTT Active Member

GPU:
    780ti Sli
    Guys whining about power consumption.. The GTX 980 is low end.. Nvidia's GTX 980ti will consume just as much power..
    You guys seem to forget one very important factor.. The 290x is old.. It was released to compete with the gtx 780 and shortly after it's release the gtx 780ti came out.. Have you not seen how much power the gtx 780ti consumes vs the 290x? =

19. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    If these numbers are correct then it helps prove that both AMD and Nvidia hold back some performance in order to have something in reserve.

AMD seems to have decided that it's 4k time now so give them something that can run 4k well.

Then Nvidia will come with their 4k cards.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    If this is true (and I think it is) then it will be a monster card, nvidia will better have their GM200 whatever is called card ready. AIB version will take care of the heat I'm sure, as for power draw... people that buy such cards 99% don't care about their electric bill anyway. :D