The Quest For Dark Souls On PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Final8ty, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What can they say to him though if they did? "Hey, well done on fixing something we couldn't be bothered to do or were incapable of doing ourselves."?

I bet if From Software are ever interviewed about Dark Souls and someone asks them what they though of the DSFix mod that they'd claim they'd never seen or heard of it. I suspect they'd be embarrassed that someone did in a space of week and mere hours after the game was released something that they couldn't do in many months.

2. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Well that may be true. Since they are Japanese they might feel like their work was dishonorable, so they won't admit it.

3. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    Anyway,the game looks quiet good with the fix!i was donated of course.god bless you Duranti!

4. nosbourg

nosbourg New Member

GPU:
    2xnvidia 8800 gt xxx
    new dsfix version 1.2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

internal resolution 1920x1080
    smaa 0
    ssaoStrength 2
    dofoverride 1079
    dofbluramount 2

new version of dsfix released dsfix 1.2 it rocks for me better than 1.1 version

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    DSFix v1.2 seems to have a strange bug with shadows for me which I didn't have in the earlier builds. I was in Ash Lake last night and that's where the glitch is very noticeable as a shadow surrounded me then disappeared moments later. All the character shadow seems to come and go at random. The developer is aware of the issue with dynamic shadows so hopefully an update won't be too long coming.

Also, while battling the Hydra at Ash Lake, I noticed some really bad pixellisation on the water attacks, like it was rendering them at a really low-resolution. I've never noticed that before when I fought the other one (forget where now).

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  6. deets75

deets75 Guest

yeah I had to go back to an old version as it was looking very odd.

Although I did notice the low res water before, just as it hits you see the blocking, think this was there from day one with me.

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  8. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
  9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Ok sorry about that.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

There are some old developpers that worked on demon souls that works on Soul Sacrifice but nothing more.

11. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  12. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    nice! thanks for the share

14. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    the camera in this game is killing me literally

15. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce

16. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Anyone has a similiar bug where black lines stretch across level geometry?
    DSfix or not, the problem persists. Playing around with driver settings also didn't help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yep always been there in Anor Londo

18. gh4stly

gh4stly Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx970 g1 gaming 1599mhz
    yup, pretty sure that is normal

19. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    This game is insane. Just started playing it but it's just insane. I still don't know what to make of it but its just the weirdest, most insane game I've ever played so far.

I have no idea where I'm supposed to go, which route I'm supposed to take. I'm currently at the Undead Parish. But I know I need to go to other areas that I simply can't go - fighting ghosts, I can't fight jack right now.

I'm at level 22 and when I see a black knight I run. When I see a black knight with a big ass shield I **** in my pants.

Edit : I killed the black knight with giant shield by accidentally killing myself off a cliff where the black knight with giant shield tripped and fell, killing himself.

Then I meet a blacksmith and I breath a sigh of relief. But then down some stairs from the blacksmith is a huge demon without a head shooting energy bolts.

WTF.

I thought it was the blacksmiths pet. Why the hell wouldn't the blacksmith warn me about a giant demon without a head with a giant staff shooting energy bolts?

I mean, why would there be a "boss" so close to a bonfire? It's supposed to be a safe haven. Anyways, I guess I'm just overwhelmed.

I'm so weak right now, it's not even funny. I need to advance my strength one higher (24) so I can start using that big ass sword. But man, there are so many areas, so many places I need to go and backtrack.

Monsters I can't fight, I don't even know where to find the supplies to fight the monsters. Then, to top of it all, some of these monsters have the scariest sounds I've ever heard.

I killed the miracles merchant at Firelink shrine. I damn near killed that undead merchant selling fire bombs. I need to find stuff so I can actually fend off ghosts.

I remember I killed some skeletons and met a big ass skeleton. But then I came across another skeleton that simply won't die. At all. I can kill it 10x over and it just won't die.

So I run. Then I see a giant head levitating shooting energy bolts and I run in the other direction.

I haven't gone back there. In fact there are so many areas I can't go or decided to ignore and I hope I'll remember where to go. But this is just crazy.

I'm just a knight. My weapons are pretty crappy, except I upgraded my broadsword to +4. Still does nothing to some of these higher level creatures.

I'm sure I'm not even close to seeing the real disturbing stuff in this game. But I'm scared right now.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  20. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    You can go were you want...so many choices...so much freedom...
    Just hang in there...you will get better at the combat.....and you will become a lot stronger as you reach level 40ish....
    All enemies have a weakness....learn it..
    The Armour and weapons are beautiful.
    This game is a masterpiece.....

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012