The Quest For Dark Souls On PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Final8ty, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    doubt it will ever happen, though i would be quite happy. the low framerate is really putting me off. (beside the insane difficulty LOL )

3. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Funny this petition being made just when I resumed playing Dark Souls on my PS3. I love Dark Souls and Demon Souls and I would actually buy both of them again if they were released on the PC. Higher framerate, better graphics... HELL YEAH!!

Hope this turns into something and isn't just another empty petition.

4. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216035p1.html

5. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Me want. Waiting another decade for ps3 emu would suck.

6. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Hahaha. Who cares about this japanese crap [​IMG]
    As always, japan devs can't make a decent RPG.

But on console portals and for console-fanatics, this is RPG of the year if not GOTY:wanker:
    Hardcore... Japanese position about it - NPCs with extremly high level of health(I mean damage).:wanker: This is hardcore, true oldschool:puke2:
    Who listened Soundtrack? :nerd:

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Get the hell out of this thread.

Anti-Aliasing + 60FPS would make both games alot funner. Sometimes during a boss fight it can go into slide-show FPS...which can cause you to get killed.

I doubt this will happen though, though the PC is the perfect market for it. I mean Vindictus did very well, and while the two games are pretty far apart in alot of ways, I can see them being comparable in some ways.

http://youtu.be/tM2yfu_IqV4

I was drawn to Demon Souls because of how much it made me think of Vindictus, but with better atmosphere and abit more difficulty. (Though Hero mode on Vindictus is pretty close to Demon Souls, but that just means insanely cheap in reality.)

8. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Want. I've heard about this game from my buddies, but never played it since I don't own a console. I perfer to play most of my games on the hardest difficulty.

9. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Who are you, to tell me what to do? [​IMG]

This is not my opinion, about this crap, which was made by japan "devs" - it's opinion of oldfags:wanker:
    Mister expert, from moddb [​IMG]

10. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    After reading the article a few weeks ago about the Witcher 2 being pirated over 4 million times on pc with sales of just over a million it's understandable that console developers don't even think about making a pc version and yes I know there is piracy on console before anyone reminds me, but surely not to that extent.

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Mm..

But those 4 million downloads don't equal lost sales...infact, some of those 4 million might be part of the 1 million who downloaded it.

Oh, and not to that extent? Halo 3 was pirated like 9 million times...a console exclusive, so yes they are pirated to hell and back.

The Witcher 2 did very well, sales wise, and continues to go up, they've already made more than 4-5x their money back, I'd say "Success!" if I was them. Anything that returns a investment 5x is successful in my opinion, even 2x.

Hell, Barack Obama has a copy of The Witcher 2 :p

http://kotaku.com/5806531/poland-gives-president-obama-the-witcher-2s-collectors-edition

I really hope it comes out on PC and saves me spending 60$ on a console game, though I did plan to wait till it was 25-30$ before buying it. I just picked up Demon Souls for 15$ and I am enjoying it, but I can't help but feel alittle depressed with the lack of people and the fact servers are going down within a month or two, meaning my tough trial of progress right now is kinda pointless...but I wanted to buy it to make sure I liked the game first.

12. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Of course it does, While a very small few pirate it to test it most pirate it because they are too fcking tight to buy it and come up with complete bull ****e to justify why they did.

Doubt thats true.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Oh, for sure, not every pirate buys the game. But I'm saying the piracy problem is really blown out of proportion and it's something I hate. No need to justify you're stealing a game, that is all there is to it.

But the Industry themselves try to make it seem like piracy on the PC is such a problem that no game could possibly be successful on it.

Yet for some reason, Indie games are thriving at a pace never before seen, and games that actually try and accommodate the PC gamer do incredibly successful(StarCraft 2, Skyrim, Portal 2, Battlefield 3)

PC gaming is a very viable market...especially for Hardcore gamers.

The issue is it is not viable with what Console game developers want - yearly games. Notice how PC games are usually played for years upon years, we have games from the 90's still heavily played.

But see, Console games are designed to have a new game replace the old one. That is one of the issues I have with online FPS on consoles. Try playing the game a year later; chances are there isn't anyone playing it, as the next one is out.

But on the PC...we just keep playing the same old games and don't feel the need to buy a new one every year. We are also very opposed to DLC, but are slowly accepting it.

Basically, they can't milk us as hard, or as easily as console gamers...so we're a "bad market, with no potential" to 95% of developers.

14. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Who cares about your crap.

15. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    As usual, your posts are full of arguments [​IMG]
    And stop taking to personal. Talk about this japanese crap:wanker:

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

NO WAY!!!!! I would so replay this **** on PC.

I would repay a collector on PC if needed. I would pay 100$ on this game if it comes on PC. This game is THAT GOOD!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Would be nice to see this franchise on PC, we'll see what happens though it seems positive so far.

18. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Is the game really that good ?
    I played Demon Souls on the PS3, but just found it torturous having to replay large sections of the game to get to get back to the boss fight with no check points in between.
    I guess that's part of the challenge of the game, but it does start to wear you down after a while. Does Dark Souls work in the same way ?

19. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I felt like you were being a little reserved with your face signatures.[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]So I decided to help you get your opinion across. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hope this helps.:bonk:

20. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    if you like the game dont wait for it to come to pc buy it on console trust me all the wait aint always worth it just look at gta 4.