The Pure E3 2012 Mod for WATCH DOGS PC (Screenshots + Download)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Supersourav99, Jun 28, 2014.

1. PratikL20

PratikL20 Active Member

GPU:
    radeon r9 280x tri-x
    when you said geometry at ultra
    did you mean ultra textures or ultra preset along with high textures

2. PratikL20

PratikL20 Active Member

GPU:
    radeon r9 280x tri-x
    great, william are those your modifications or they are present in pure balanced mod

3. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Edit the sign folder from latest balanced

4. luckycookie

luckycookie Member

GPU:
    GTX 660 2G
    New balance edition is working great. Appreciate your work. Thanks.

but...

[​IMG]

aww... my eyeeee...

I test new balance edition with texture repack V4.

every car's light hurt my eye.

just copy and paste in folder after unpack. Wrong method?

5. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770
    I'm going to give this a try. Was that it? Just replacing the sign files in the sign folder?

Thanks

6. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Using this tool to unpack/pack xbt file

https://yadi.sk/d/x0VRro922TEaR

Open/edit dds file by Photoshop

7. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4G GDDR5
    That's happening because you have removed the "graphics\_textures\light" folder ! whhich the lighteffectpref.lib is showing you those textures ! So don't remove solo's E3 lensflare :)

8. Supersourav99

GPU:
    Thanks Warpy ! I have now corrected the Link on the main page ! :)

9. wunkley

wunkley Master Guru

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    HI all

Can someone please tell me where the entry for "SkipHighQualityGeometry= "
    that causes the geometry bug is located please?

I've finally got around to tweaking mods myself (unpacking files, tweaking, repacking etc) :) :)

I understand it should read SkipHighQualityGeometry=0 ?

What's the easiest way for me to edit my current favourite mod mix, and change just this one particular setting?
    Will this one small setting change sort the geometry bug (eg no concrete above owl motel door etc)?

10. luckycookie

luckycookie Member

GPU:
    GTX 660 2G
    I don't remove anything. weird...

11. Supersourav99

GPU:
    <TextureResolution>
    </TextureResolution>

Find the above part in defaultrenderconfig.xml in "patch\engine\settings"
    Change it to 0 !

12. wunkley

wunkley Master Guru

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Thanks man! Will have a look.....

Looks like there are 2 defaultrenderconfig.xml files in there though??

13. Supersourav99

GPU:
    Well,let me explain ! if you tried to merge with Sunset v4 which is using it's own "lights" folder you will get that thingy !
    Because the lighteffectpref.lib is meant to be played with E3 ANamorphic lensflare by SoloCreep !

To solve this issue Go to "patch_unpack\generated\database\" then delete Lighteffectpref.lib and VOILA !

14. Supersourav99

GPU:
    One thing i have been noticing for quite a few days now ! Please don't take it in any other way/sense :) !
    This is not a complete performance mod,that i can guarantee you complete satisfaction with no stuttering(only on PERFORMANCE VERSION i can to an extent,if there are performance drops,which seems very strange then i can omprove it :) ) !
    Also,the geometry bug part ! That particular command increases performance by reducing the geometry ,so please think before posting about great performance with the particular version :) !

Also,in the NEW BALANCED version (22/07) there is no difference between high & Ulltra roads,signs,vegetation,Blume metal safehouse box,etc. !

Hope i was not rude!
    Cheers & peace.

15. luckycookie

luckycookie Member

GPU:
    GTX 660 2G
    Thanks for your advice.

If I make you feel annoy. I'm sorry.

16. Supersourav99

GPU:
    i'm always open to help however i can !

17. wunkley

wunkley Master Guru

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    So having finally gotten around to tweaking properly myself today - I can categorically conclude that the slight stutters and hitches I get are entirely down to texture settings, and specifically the geometry setting in the defaultrenderconfig.xml file.

In the defaultrenderconfig.xml file I just tried setting SkipHighQualityGeometry= back to '0' and the stutter returns. If I have this set to 1, it's 99% stutter free for me using your tweaked v6 files along with Malodo textures and setting in game texture setting at high (looks like ultra).

So, what we need to ask and find out is - what are the consequences of 'skipping high quality geometry' ???

As far as I can tell, there's a bit of concrete missing above the owl motel door, and a few (hardly any) boxes of pills in the pharmacy are lacking proper texture details.

Is that it??? :3eyes:

If that's the only penalty I have to pay to have a STUTTER FREE game, with textures that look as good as ultra, then bring it on, and I will run it with SkipHighQualityGeometry=1

There must be other things lacking though surely? Anyone got any significant observations?

18. Supersourav99

GPU:
    There are some more textures ,that were pointed out by MALDO on Sunet's thread ,please refer to his thead ! i forgot exactly the details !
    Also, it isn't advisable to enable skiphighQuality geometry as i found it was only use in "low" textures aka "medium" in game settings!

19. Crysis111

Crysis111 New Member

GPU:
    1080ti Lightning
    Testing the NEW BALANCED: still stuttering with my 780 3GB, but if i play in window mode or rimless the stuttering ist much less!

20. parthianshot19

parthianshot19 Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    07-19-2014, 11:36 | posts: 427 | Location: In The Cell
    Main post updated with the Link to the NEW BALANCED VERSION(With some Maldo's textures) and increased shadows and all other features of the previous Balanced versions!!

For similar cards to me,this version should be runned with
    High Textures with ULTRA preset and MSAA 4X(Optimised) for a complete stutter free experience!

Also, the vegetation ground(Grass on the ground) will be lower resolution(Same as HIGH),Rocks,metals,roads,signs,etc all ULTRA quality !

AND AS SOON AS SUNSET's V4.5 is ready & Tested ! The SUNSET VERSION WILL ROLL OUT !

And The DoF didn't make it in the BALANCCED VERSION previously because , i forgot to remove the file ,i tested to send to plissken!

SuperSourNova on the 19th you released this version of the "Pure Balanced" mod with "Some Maldo"...etc and for some reason this particular version works the "ABSOLUTE BEST" for my rig!! I am 99% stutter free with the occasional hitch and even that is hardly noticeable::):) The file size of the patch.dat is 972,992. You haven't released another "pure balance" with textures since then and I know you already stated that you won't until Sunset's 4.5. I have tried your updated "pure balance" versions with out textures since this release, but even those give me stutter. I have tried merging your recent "pure balance" with these Maldo textures and still get stutter. I have merged recent "Pure Balance" with Sunset 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 respectively and I still get stutter:(:( I'm happy as hell that for some reason this "NEW BALANCED VERSION(With some Maldo's textures) and increased shadows and all other features of the previous Balanced versions" gives me the best experience, but I am racking my brains to WHY this specific mod and its textures is doing so great on my machine:):) And WHY if I merge the same texture pack does it stutter with more recent "Pure Balance" that should be more optimized. For my curiosity sake Super can you maybe tell me why??? Oh yeah one last comment. Per your instructions, you say to delete the "gamerprofile.xml", which I do and this is the ONLY "pure balance" version that automatically puts "msaa2" as default. In your "changelog" you say that this version as well as other were specifically optimized for "msaa2x and msaa4x". When I delete the .xml this version changes setting to "msaa2x" for me and it was I use and it runs beautifully. The other versions of your "pure mod" also say that "msaa" is preferred and optimized, but when I use them and delete .xml, they ALL set my settings to "temporal smaa"!!! Weird huh?? I might be wrong, but this is the ONLY mod that detects the settings correctly for me??? Or maybe that has nothing to do with anything?? Any way I am grateful that after testing EVERY mod and EVERY version of EVERY mod made for watch dogs that I found one with great textures, e3 effects and NO STUTTER:):) Let me know what you think Super PLEASE LOL