The Pure E3 2012 Mod for WATCH DOGS PC (Screenshots + Download)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Supersourav99, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4G GDDR5
    Seems strange that the performance version doesn't give you good FPS & stutter free experience ! As even a GTX 560 could play it at high with no stuttering ! It may be bad luck !
    Also,The steering Wheel wouldn't be tesselated and the particles inside the Shops would be somewhat square type !
    The V6 Final Core(NON FIXDED) version enables the command SkipHighQualityGeometry="1" which is why you are having 80-99% GPU usage all along !

2. wunkley

wunkley Master Guru

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Interesting, thanks for the info :)

I've got quite a beefy system (including 2 x 780Tis) so FPS and general performance is great for me with all mods.

It's the god damn STUTTER that is the bane of my life. :)

I've tested loads of mods (all yours and all the other guys), and whilst I'm no programmer or even 'modder' like you guys, I'm a very thorough tester, and for me I've found the stutter issues are all to do with texture settings and/ or how the game engine implements them.

For me the best performing (ie less stutter!) mods are the ones that use Maldos (mipmap hack) textures, which lets me set them to high but looks like ultra. I see very little aliasing apart from a few very minor, limited locations.

But not all mods that use Maldos textures are stutter free, so it must be more than this. One of the key things must be this geometry setting? (SkipHighQualityGeometry="1") as I also found your v5 mod that used Sunset Textures version 3 also ran totally stutter free. This version also had the 'missing concrete' so I assume now that this was using SkipHighQualityGeometry="1" ?

3. tudort

tudort Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    When will the Final Balanced Version be launched ? I have had good results in performance on prior releases with only 1.5gb vram on my 580 . The card is high-end in terms of bandwidth and bus speed and also ram - gpu frequencies but it has less vram . I will settle for running the game on High Details not Ultra and lower resolution than fullhd . Eagerly waiting for Balanced Final !

4. Supersourav99

GPU:
    40% on Google Drive atm !

5. machine4578

machine4578 Active Member

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    @Supersourav99

is the new color E3 coat in any mod posted on page 1 yet?

6. Supersourav99

GPU:
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  7. machine4578

machine4578 Active Member

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    excellent! so it will be very soon then. :D

thanks again Supersourav99!

8. Supersourav99

GPU:
    No need to thanks man :) ! It's awesome you like the releases though :) !

9. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Member Guru

GPU:
    780 sli
    How long for new balance?

10. Supersourav99

GPU:
    After it's uploaded ! i l delete my original one ! Download the one that is uploaded ! Then if no error's found ! I l release ! Also, i didn't optimise the Balanced too much ,rather than a few unfinished tweaks let people play on high settings instead of ultra(Like in Performance version) !

11. Marduk

Marduk Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    have you try use the gamerprofile now ??

would be interest for me, because i have a lower system, what i had seen

12. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Member Guru

GPU:
    780 sli
    Yeah your .xml I used, but I'm still stuttering on ultra with MSAA x4 or 2 :(

13. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Member Guru

GPU:
    780 sli
    OK this is starting to piss me off because I'm not sure what fixed it but I just set a frame cap of 30 fps and turned off SLI and I'm running the Balance preset ultra everything and MSAA x4 with 95% stutter free.

Disabling SLI or setting the fps cap from 40 to 30 fixed this for me now. Just test 5 minutes worth in built up areas :S

Can someone else with stutter issues and SLI please test disabling SLI and setting a frame cap in nvidia inspector to 30 fps and try this?

14. Supersourav99

GPU:
  15. wunkley

wunkley Master Guru

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    SLI OFF is a MUST for this game (2x 780Ti user here). It's basically broken and introduces its own kind of stutter, outside of the games own stutter issues.

Also, don't just disable SLI in the WD game profile in the NV control panel. Totally disable SLI in the 'configure SLI' section of the NV control panel! Seriously. This also helps a bit.

I've been running wathdogs frame rate capped since day 1 also. I overclock my monitor to 75hz, run vsync 2 in game, which runs a vsync locked frame rate of 37fps. Which is really really smooth if you use a mod or settings (textures) wisely.

On a side note - just tested latest BALANCED release. Really good! Stutter free when settings textures to HIGH as recommended. Going to try ultra now and report back....

16. wunkley

wunkley Master Guru

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Just tested with textures at ultra. No joy :-(

Still little stutters and hiccups, especially when driving.

I know the textures at high look good with the new balanced release, but still not AS good as at ultra. The road and leaves on the road is the first thing that gives it away for me.

Great work, but My search for the perfect mod whilst using ultra textures continues...

17. Warpy

Warpy Master Guru

GPU:
    2X 980Ti Poseidon PLAT
  18. Crysis111

Crysis111 New Member

GPU:
    1080ti Lightning
    Thats absolutely right! With my 780 with 3GB VRAM I get the best result and stutter free only with the V6 final Core so i cant believe the other guys

19. Anonymous4550

Anonymous4550 Member

GPU:
    8GB Corsair Vegeance 1600
  20. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    According your signs folder,it is funny:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]