The PS4 Costs $399 USD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by UZ7, Jun 11, 2013.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    :puke2:

2. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    Um no, that's not even close to the only differences. The CPU is clocked faster in the PS4, and the shader difference is almost 50% that's a pretty huge difference. Not to mention the difference in ram, GDDR5 vs DDR3. Even MS knew that DDR3 wouldn't cut it so they had to add SRAM for a frame buffer.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Only thing they need to do is remove 24h check. That's about it. The trading is just fine as it is, cause you can still do it. Look it up, and you can sell your games digitally to a friend that has been on the list for 30 days. Or just go to your friends place and play the game you own with your account.

Still AVG consumer won't give a crap about these "problems" they will buy it in masses np.

There is no identity crisis. It was already shown for what it is in console reveal and games came in E3 and loads of good games i might add. Project Spark being my favorite thing though MS is releasing it for W8 too so getting it on PC side.

4. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Once Microsoft stops supporting the XBOX 360 with XBOX Live, I'll likely replace it with the PS4. Honestly, most games I like are on the PC anyways, maybe it'll get it for console exclusive. The XBOX One isn't as impressive.

As for this list...
    • I have the original Kinect (got it as a gift), just sits there and does nothing, it's gimmicky. Only good game for it is Dance Central, it's not worth the extra price.
    • Media hub functionality, personally I have an HTPC but the PS4 will act as a DLNA server/client so it's not really a problem. Sony will also have video and music streaming services as well
    • Most gamers won't care about interactive TV, non-gamers won't pay that much for it either.
    • Smartglass, Sony has their own version of that
    • Video chat, whoop dee doo, a lot of people I've known haven't shown interest in it, they rather use their cell phones for Skype or their desktop.
    • Cloud processing has yet to be proven. Sony has Gaikai cloud platform. Honestly cloud is still very questionable in itself
    • Not sure how useful the "buy single game, 10 XBOX can play the same game at the same time" is...

deltatux

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013

5. Solid_State

Solid_State Member Guru

GPU:
    5870 VF3000A / GT430
    Smartglass, LOL!

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    YxBox TV function is just useless to majority of people. No DVB-T(2) tuners... I have no idea how that TV stuff is going to work for majority of people here. For TV I have A FU*KING TV with USB HDD (I also have HTPC with loads of HDD space and triple tuners).

People will run into trouble when they realise that Xbox One stops working when they bring it to summer cottage and have no internet connection there. That wouldn't be a problem for me since I have excellent 3G coverage there but that's not the case in many countries.

Also that cloud processing... They can't do anything fancy with it or the games wouldn't work at all in offline mode.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I might buy one to complement my PC. I won't buy it early on though, I think I'll wait for early issues to be ironed out. I'll have to find a place to buy games for cheap .. console games are too expensive :-/

8. maize1951

maize1951 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    I will be buying the Playstation 4, as I don't like flailing about the room like an fool trying to flag down an taxi in New York.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Sony learned from there 600$ one year late to launch mistake they made last gen.. I will buy my ps4 before I rebuild my PC as my current build is still more then enough for the games I play.

Only thing I dont like is Sony went down the root of making Any online game on ps4 has to have subscription to psn + I probably wont pay that seeing none of ps3 game I have that are online are played online, even if there was ps4 game that is online that might be intrested in play I would not play As I wont pay to play games online unless said game is a MMO if it not a MMO i not paying to play it online

10. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    its only like $5 a month thoe its worth it considering all the free games and stuff you get...

im glade the ps4 turned out as good as i expected now that im done with spending money on upgrades just to play a new game i always loved pc's but i think i can finally walk away :)

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yah no my Stance remains. If it not a MMO game I not paying sub Special for Multiplayer portion of game that will probably come on on the PC to and have its Multiplayer be free.

Im Sorry this is case of Consoles Makers fiqure out they can charge for any old ONLINE game on consoles some thing that is FREE on PC except for MMO'S And the sheep will pay for it. MS started is people like sheep excepted it now Sony is Doing.

Same reason why Consoles games are 60$ yet PC verison of same game is 10 dollars cheaper. It not gona cause it cost them more it done cause they know console gamers will pay more for something that is cheaper on PC that half the time looks better on the pc

Dont get me wrong I getting this instead od upgrade my pc cause I see no reason too upgrade it yet. But seriously I not pay to play games online on consoles unless it a MMO Seeing the PC verison of the Multiplatform game will be free to play mulitplayer on the pc...

12. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    the 400$ price is should basically put the nail in the coffin for the XBONE, the used games, always on kinect, Internet issue.... microsoft is not going to do well in the console market this year.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The console look to be able to do 60 fps with AA/AF at 1080p with stable FPS unlike current that are more around 30 and stable if lucky and most of them arnt really 720p let alone 1080p.

If these consoles prove to be able to do real 1080p and hold 60fps with AA then it will be while before i rebuild my pc

14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1
    Wow brutal kick to the nutsack :)

15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

16. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I find this whole situation highly annoying. Sony is the company that brought us rootkit DRM and now they're heroes of the people.

If I buy a console it'll probably be the PS4, but the situation is bad for gamers. All sony has to do is obtain market dominance then turn on the features that microsoft talked about.

17. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    I already have the xbox one beat by having a fast pc hooked to my 55 inch screen via a nice Harmon Kardon hdmi receiver, a wireless keyboard and mouse and a media remote with XBMC. I love the 360 for the Forza series and that is supports the Fanatec wheels but really I could care less about it's media prowess.

There are a ton of great racers on the pc with more coming to satisfy my main gaming urge, Fanatec wheels are not going to work on Xbox one so they can shove Forza 5 up their cloaca and I don't even have cable anymore because I am happy with netflix on my pc. I use netflix on the consoles when a show is in 5.1 since the pc netflix cant to surround for some dumb reason.

I will get a ps4 and keep the xbox 360 going until it dies. Msoft and their amazing arrogance is really kind of shocking. Any takers that they back off on some of their restrictive DRM after seeing the reaction from the community ? I mean really, they look very greedy and even fanboys are turning on them.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  18. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6950 Unlocked 900/1250
    XBOX 360 has no exclusives worth a damn. Halo? Woopty doo. That got old after Halo 2.

19. MiMiK

MiMiK Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 7600GT
  20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    A lot of games I wanted to play ran like ass on the PS3. The EDRAM on the 360 along with 512MB shared GDDR3 gave the 360 developers an easier time implementing anti aliasing and higher quality textures. Having 256MB on the PS3 was so limiting that they couldn't even spare 8MB in many cases for some basic MSAA. Most PS3 titles have no AA and it's always obvious on the multiplatform games that the textures are severely limited on the PS3. The 960x540 resolution marketed as 720p is a real kick to the balls too.

I only recently cleared the dust off the ol' PS3 to try a few games and man I just can't get over the jaggies. Dead or Alive 5 for example, just 4x MSAA, just 4, which on a PC game at 1080p would take 4 to 8MB memory (in my experience), would have been enough to make me forget about the jaggies. I can't even measure the GPU usage for 4x MSAA since it's usually under 1% on my GPU.

Bad textures and jaggies aside, the PS3 having a single core and a really weak GPU in comparison to the 360 made it hard for developers to port anything. Frame rates were always lower in multiplatform games. If you want to know how I feel about multiplatform games on the PS3, look up Bayonetta and compare the two versions.

The 360 version of Final Fantasy 13 was a disaster though, and Final Fantasy was pretty much the reason I bought a PS3, so that's why I say it served its purpose.