The Prototype thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eRa`, Mar 23, 2008.

1. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Uhhh, never tought about the shield....nice one.

On top the building and throw AC to them....My friend you just gave me a plan!! WOA!

2. acer

acer Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800gtx
    The freak boss was hard as nails but once beaten, but it unlocks some nice stuff.

3. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I've beaten the game now, I have all the abilities... the freeroaming at the end is fun, lets you go complete all the things you didn't.

I must say by the time you have all the powers you totally feel like a juggernaut, capable of shifting to handle almost any situation the game throws at you.

The story wasn't amazing but I found it quite good and not too predictable at all.... and of course making out the protagonist as more of the ultimate antagonist was fun as well... I don't want to play the good guy, I want to be the unstoppable supervirus ;) sweet concept.

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    It feels kinda boring to me, only played it 6 hours, i do enjoy it and i play at night, but i'm not overwhelmed like most of you, it's not the best game i've ever played, but then again it's good solid game.

5. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    does't fix the chipmunk sound tough when sample rate to high -,-

6. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    @ Evilkiller, Good one men....I moved on and I am at the point trying to get my sis back!

Got a couple of upgrades as well.....Now need to solve the occasional shutter that presents me once in a while!

7. acer

acer Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800gtx
    at this stage, the infiltration missions are extremely difficult with all the sensors and time limit.

8. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    Enjoying this game so much, this reminds me of when I first played played "The Matrix: Path of Neo". Sadly I have nearly finished the game, I was thinking of making a video gameplay montage.

9. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I'm getting this game tomorrow! Looking forward to it!:D

10. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    just use the default 24 bit with 48 mhz in the advanced sound options

11. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I'm past that boss. I meant the big mean, ugly mother-****er of a monster! :p

I'm on the third last mission now. Destroying the Blood-pox production. I'm sad that I'm so near completion and wish there was another 60 missions, the game and fighting is still so satisfying!

@ acer, what infiltration missions? I don't remember any ones where you CAN'T get detected.

EDIT:

I somehow got confused with what mission number I was on. I'm at something like 27/31 now.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  12. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Just beat the final boss, was wondering if anyone has actually bothered further completing the game? Are there any more fights after that, any other cutscenes, endings, etc?

13. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    Just picked up my copy of this game yesterday.Got home from work,installed game,started playing,and six whole hours whent by lightningh quick.

This is one grait game,very glad I got it.wonder If we will see a prototype 2 or mabe a prototype movie.

I found myself very early on in the game looking for ways to gain extra exp points as you spend them so quick with all the grait upgrades availible.

Cant wait to get home from work to get to this game again,and its weekend:):)

14. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    My rig is: e7200@3,5ghz, 4gb Ram, Vista ultimate x64, gtx280.
    In this game i get 30 fps (1680x1050, all maxed out and aa4x or noaa is the same). Is'nt that good.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Oh boy do I ever. I feel like my stomach flies up into my throat! I love it!!

What I like the most about this game is that the missions are actually rather challenging. It isn't one of those games that is just a walk in the park, you need to work at it sometimes.
    Very innovative and captivating. Activision did a great job with this game for sure.

Only problem I have with it is the sense that it should play better on our hardware then it does.. case in point, look at the post above this one!

Doesn't anyone know if there are any patches scheduled for this game in the future that may improve performance?

16. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    Strange i have flawless performance with everything maxed out, i've only ever had one crash. THe main problem i had was the with the sound which was quickly rectified by googling the issue and seeing it is the same problem that CoD 5 has and the solution also the same.

17. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I tried Google but no answers.

Does anyone know if you unlock anything if you collect all hints/landmarks, do all events or destroy all hives/bases?

18. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    One of the only things I really HATE about this game is how the AI will all want to target you. I mean the military begin to go ape**** when they see you slaughtering hunters that are going after THEIR units.

I really liked the part where you fight "you know who" and the military fights with you, not against you for the battle.

I'm not even sure if this is possible, I destroyed some random hive, went off to destroy the next one, come back and the one I first destroyed had already been restored.

19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ indeed.. hives will just pop back up. Seems almost pointless to destroy them aside from gaining some EP.

I was looking on the forums last night and though there are at least a half dozen posts asking for a patch, it would appear that there is no official word yet about it.

I am running into a problem where I get to a cutscene and then the screen just goes black and I'm stuck.. Fortunately I haven't had any other issues, but I'm in the minority. As good of a game as this is, the PC version seems to be buggy for LOTS of people.

20. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Installed the 186.18 and performance is a little better along with a nice IQ now. Should try these and see what happens