The "Post Pics of Your Ugly Self" Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by manothehour, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    Chop the moustache, chop the goat, shave your head. That's my advice.

2. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    You see this shot man?
    [​IMG]

You look cool in this flick, but otherwise you look like the guy that pushed most of these nerds around in high school. Well, look how you wanna look, and if you wanna scare most of guru out of their lunch money, then more power to ya.

3. GraveyardPC

GraveyardPC Active Member

GPU:
    1x XFX 6600GT PCI-E @ Stock
    I haven't been surfing this forum that recent, and I see that tweakmaster420 was a little angry about my comment, ie. "wigger...". Also I have received a PM from Wild about my comment asking me to address this.

I meant this in no other way than how Gilbo said, "Chop the moustache, chop the goat, shave your head. That's my advice." If your going to post pictures of yourself wearing cornrows and trying to look "hardcore" with that little tight lip act, then I think that makes you a wigger. And yes, you may play heavy metal, but that doesn't mean your not a "wanna be".

[​IMG]

Trying to look hardcore should be a punishable act...

4. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    so should being a jackass. . . .
    Please grant me the power to punch people over starad tcp/ip

5. GraveyardPC

GPU:
    Wow dude, you seem to monitor me pretty well. Every time I seem to do something that is a little bit harsh you seem to step right in with your bender avatar and try to save the day. And, I doubt that you are anything but a perfect, just, person outside of all your posts. Hell, your sig says "Beating up script kiddies since 1984." Why so violent?

All I said was people with the tight lip, 45 degree angle neck hold, "hardcore" look that act black by wearing bling bling and cornrows are "wana be's." And, I think many would agree.

6. nm+

GPU:
    old
    Perhaps.
    However, the "wigger" statement took it too far. This is a fellow guru, the least you can do is show at least a modicum of respect.
    I monitor everyone, not just you. I'm an moderator, thats what I do. You're nowhere near "special" (as in annoying, trollish, etc) enough to grab my undivided attention, and you really don't want to be that special.
    /And why not beat up script kiddies?
    //Back to the pictures
    edit: BTW, if you'd manned up and apologised for your statement rather than making excuses, I never would ahve said anything.

7. GraveyardPC

GPU:
    I will not apologize for anything I say here. If you think that the term wigger is vulgar or racially insensitive, then I will use the term "wana be". But, I am not going to apologize for calling someone a name, end of story -- and if you think that's grounds to ban me, do so...

oh, and as far as all this "fellow guru" crap goes, I don't buy it. I'm not gonna "back" people on their own decisions and life choices about being a "wana be" just because I signed up for a forum they happen to be associated with -- and that goes for any other anonymous registered users that I will irritate in the future.

EDIT:
    "BTW, if you'd manned up and apologised for your statement rather than making excuses, I never would ahve said anything." I'm not making any excuses, I'm just clarifying my position.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  8. nm+

GPU:
    old
    So, essentailly you're refusing to respect someone based on how they look rather than how they act. I'm not asking for "backing," I'm asking you to be friggin civil.
    I'm not banning you, but with this attitude, you're not gonna last long here

9. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 BIOSmod
    Yep, that's real mature GraveyardPC. A sure way to earn respect around here.

And this is just a personal observation of mine but for someone whos despises people who act "hardcore" you seem to acting pretty hard to me.

Back to me real post:

Here's a more recent picture of me with my now dead cat behind me. Actually it's the most recent one on my PC. Since I still have braces on, it's over a year old.
    [​IMG]

10. GraveyardPC

GPU:
    Nah, it's ok, I'm not acting hardcore -- just normal. And, I'm not judging anyone based on what they look like, just their actions. You make it sound like I'm making fun of someone because they are physically challenged, which I'm sure not. All I did was comment on the "Chosen" appearance of someone -- which is an action that said person has chosen, not fallen into.

If I said this was me:

[​IMG]

what kinda comments would I receive? Exactly.

11. nm+

GPU:
    old
    That guys seems like a nice guy. You don't. You see, no pre-judgement there.

12. GraveyardPC

GPU:
    Nah, you think he's gay, admit it. When I searched for this picture I put in "FAG" on google images. Well, I've made my point, I'm out. *Whatever flames follow this post will just be immature because the fight is over, I'm manning up -- my way*

13. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 BIOSmod
    Anyways, its good that "manned-up" on this one, however the **** that happened. Next time you might want to continue this elseware. I dont wanna see this thread to get closed because someone felt like throwing their sack around.

14. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Haha, looks like your trying to get your last word in.

And Damnit, when you say your dead cat now......I'm hoping it's actually alive in that pic, and not dead still on the couch.

Hehe, but yea, seriously, sorry to hear about the pet :(

As for the whole wigger comment, I mean, really, the guys dresses and looks how he wants to look, that's his own choice, lets not be the ones to judge.

Cute kid as well btw, see far too many ugly ones these days, kudos to having a good one :)

15. tweakmaster420

tweakmaster420 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6970 Crossfire
    Ok,, First of all.. I never pushed people around...im a nice guy..
    Just because I look serious in all my pics you think im trying to be hard??
    who made the comment?
    I didnt come here and make nasty judgmental comments about anyone.

What makes you so special to judge me?
    How is a silver chain BLING as you say?
    What says I Have to look a certain way??
    I look how I want to look.. I dont follow anyone..

"Gilbo"
    "You look cool in this flick, but otherwise you look like the guy that pushed most of these nerds around in high school. Well, look how you wanna look, and if you wanna scare most of guru out of their lunch money, then more power to ya."

Where you get this from?? that statement is totaly off.
    How am I scaring anybody? Im the one being judged and attacked for just participating in the thread subject.

Mature adults dont act like that... I respect everyone.
    Usally when people say nasty things or judge other people they are not happy with themselves.

To keep this thread on topic, I will now post a pic that dont look so "HARD"
    [​IMG]

16. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 BIOSmod
    Haha, that's gross. Actually that pic was taken a year ago and the cat died about 3 weeks ago. But she sure as hell smelt dead most of the time so as far as I knew it, she could have been dead the whole time and it was just post-morterm nerves shooting off :)

And tweakmaster420, you cant please all of the people all of the time, so when it comes to people like graveyardPC, it's just best to ignore him. To me it looks he's just always gonna find something he doesnt like about you.

:rolleyes:

17. thepure907

thepure907 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT
    well, if i had a picture of my ugly self i would put it on lol, but i dont have one so otehr people keep posting :p and graveyard lol ease up

18. Pitman

Pitman Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    How many more pics is tweakmaster gonna post? Lol we know what you look like already!

19. thepure907

thepure907 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT
    hahah.... well its bevcause people were calling him a "wigger"and so it ended up being posted like 9 times not his fault lol

20. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    Well heres my ugly pic, my friend took it when i was backstage at the talent quest, i was part of the 'BlaKStreet Boyz', we made it to the finals and came 4th

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.