The Paranormal/Supenatural

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Solinari, Feb 1, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    look someone knocked from outside on the window shades and the balcony is like almost 2m from the base floor, now if someone tried to climb on it and scare us we would have heard it because the balcony fence is made from metal and it makes a hollow metalish sound if someone tries to climb on it, it can be heard through the house.. unless you're really and i mean really careful not to make a sound, and when the knocking stopped we didnt hear anyone running of it either..

and even if she would have said it to someone, look go climb on the balcony and knock at the window exactly at that time, which i doubt very much, we would have heard it. Well we were is the kitchen the whole time, from the moment we first put down the shades to the end when we heard those knocks, the whole séance lasted around 20-30min..

nvm i thought i would say it as it was very mysterious but if you talk about it like its a childish delusional joke or ouija board imagination fine idc let's leave at that, Im off im not gonna talk about it anymore,..

just know this; dont think just because i was a kid it was more of a scared paranoia, then the real deal.

2. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    I don't count UFO's as either Supernatural or Paranormal.

Anyway.....

I have had quite a few strange experiences that have happened to me, mostly when I was a kid/teenager. But I'm not putting them in writing here because:

- It would take too long
    - The strangest and most frightening Supernatural experience is private, and I won't tell anyone outside of family about.
    - I'd only feel bad about it afterwards

For some, the time you hit puberty can be a catalyst for strange happenings. But the strangest one (and even some of the others) goes against all my beliefs and I have never been able to explain them.

Unrelated to that: for a long time I was a staunch Athiest and always took the Scientific approach to reasoning, but my latest private theories enable God to exist (or anything to exist for that matter).

I'd advise anyone to keep away from the occult, especially Ouija Boards. Get a normal hobby/interest instead and become engrossed in it. It will keep you distracted until you get old enough for the bad things to not have any effect any more.

Don't ever think you've got everything sussed (especially if you're young) because it will turn around and bite you in the arse.

I'll say no more, except to quote old Billy Shakespeare:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

3. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Ive had a few experiences.

My mum told me that when i was around 5/6 she would often see me talking to someone at the end of my bed, of course there was no one there.

Also about a year before the shuttle disaster i had a dream about it exploding. It was very vivid and freaky.
    And the same thing happened with the Lockerbiedisaster.

Very weird.

Ive had god know how many Deja-Vu.

When i was working as a undertaker a few years back, i was doing some coffin plate engravings. And i could see someone standing near me in my peripheral vision. And every time i looked up there was no one there. this went on for a few minutes untill a colleague appeared. And there was nothing to sugest that it was anything else. There were no clothes hung up, nothing on the draws, no bags etc. I never felt uneasy ........ just very calm.

I love these threads. ......... Keep the stories coming.:nerd:

Cheers.:)

4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Personally I dont believe in any kind of supernatural stuff. After being through some school (in 11th grade) I can logically see that nothing special happens to anything. Especially now that I'm taking chem. I dont care what kind of atoms we're made of, everything reacts and does what its supposed to do, nothing really ever breaks the rules and does anything magical if you know what I mean. If you think that way... ghosts and crap like that cant exist imho.

5. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    I agree that UFOs are not paranormal or supernatural because they don't require a paranormal explanation.

I'd also definitely agree that playing with ouija boards is a bad idea and messing with the "occult" could be very dangerous. I really don't think it matters if it can't be demonstrated in a lab (Penn & Teller Ouija Boards are Bulls**t) because i suppose what matters is if someone has convinced themselves this stuff is real and is having a real impact on their life then is it not having an impact on their life, real or imagined? That's how i look at it. My mum told me not to play with these things and it has stuck and that's why i said before that it does scare me, however i know this is because she was raised Catholic and the Catholic Church has associated this stuff with being evil and demonic and i don't think that's true, regardless if it exists or not, i think it comes down to intentions and consequences, real or imagined.

Actually, it definitely doesn't. Quantum Mechanics is a VERY strange world. From the very little i know about it, some quantum theorists think that reality itself may be a hologram from the 5th dimension. I have no idea what that means, i can hardly get my head round time as a dimension let alone conceive of up to 11 dimensions (but as you may or may not have noticed, i have a Tesseract for an avatar, so i find it interesting).

I have watched some Yotube videos about the nature of reality and in some scientists were saying that matter doesn't actually exist until it is observed and for it to be observed requires consciousness. I think they said all matter is is 'potential for existence' and something about "superposition". Very strange and VERY hard to get your head around, this is why i admire Professor Michio Kaku so much, i just wish i had an intuition for these things.

As i mentioned in an earlier post there is something known as Duality and this can be demonstrated and replicated in a lab, this can be shown in something known as The Double Slit Experiment. The mere act of looking (or "observing") changes the behaviour of the particle as if "it knows it's being watched". There is also something called Entanglement which is also very strange and very interesting, distance is no object, maybe it could be a way of communicating huge distances in the future, i have no idea if that is possible though, let alone practical, i simply know nothing more than that about it.

So what may be considered occult, paranormal or supernatural could well have a foundation in science and reality, i mean if you went back in time 1000 years with all your gadgets, for as long as the batteries would last you'd be worshipped like a God.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
  7. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Care to elaborate?

8. Aioras

Aioras Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Agree with the point of mostly can be explained, 99% I mean... but for sure there are some 1% of paranormal activities out there. I believe so. Most of times our nerves or anxiety don't let us see the rational explanation, we tend to use an irrational explanation when we hear something in the dark... But who knows if the next time is something supernatural...

9. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    I've had zero paranormal experiences, the only thing remotely "paranormal" was trying mushrooms in Amsterdam but that was a completely explainable and awesome experience.

10. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti 2063/6180
    How about the Ghost horse in Cairo yesterday?

Look at it and tell me that this aint ****ed up?!

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbAug4qqegs

Also remember the video of the black ghost horse in the metrodome?

it starts off in the middle of the field on the top sideline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5sGFtopkM

could it be this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

In Cairo I see a green horse, in the Metrodome collapse I see a black horse. At Obama's DNC in the Denver stadium I saw a white horse named Thunder

"And I saw when the LAMB opened one of the SEALS, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the 'Four Beasts' saying, Come and see. And I saw, and behold a WHITE HORSE: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer."

[​IMG]

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand."

There is lots of "supernatural" things going on right now. :3eyes:

11. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    I don't think I could believe but I also don't think I could be a non-believer

people that say stuff like this is crap... I don't know what to think about it cause how can one be so certain that isn't

12. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    For real I've had the same experiences before. It's kind of hard to explain, because they aren't instances that particularly stick out really.

13. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    Very long, but very worth it, trust me.

I had a life changing experience a few days after my sister died at the age of 16.

I had an EXTREMELY vivid dream, whereas when I woke, I woke from it in a way I've never woken from sleep before or since then. I woke with grain, like tv static all over my vision after the following, and it faded slowly after a few seconds.

It seemed to go on for ever, cutting like different scenes of a movie. Usually my vivid reams are just......stupid or have to do with day to day things I do, or experience. They're retarded and bat****, but they have a linear sort of mode to them.

This was like, jumping to different places, locations people and times or something.

All of these were in the one "sitting". The one dream. The weirdest part of all this is that I remember it all in full detail, even after 4 years.

One of them was sitting in a room looking at ME across from...myself? on a couch reciting lyrics I've never heard, I wrote them down as soon as I awoke. The only part I remember was the end part:

light creates a curve

Another was outside the hospital my sister died, me reaching down to grab a crow, and as I do so, it turns into a snake, and I then kill it. Wierd but the only one that seems to make some sort of sense to me.

Lots of people (LOTS) in a crowded area, like a open street/mall (note: there are no malls where I live, and I've never really been to one as such in my dream). I'm looking for someone, and looking at them trying to get to them, never seen the face before in my entire life, and I see them and I'm running after them but I can't seem to get any closer to them.

A group of kids all jumping bikes off a ramp in the middle of the road (note: I've never done this, ever or seen it) and one falls over and breaks his arm or something.

A teen falling into a flooded river off his bike. Something about rocks falling in as well, but I can't really remember. This was very short.

And the last two, which are what made me awake from the violent nausea I felt during this part.

I'm looking at a golden tower, I'm laying on a trampoline, I think with people but I never see them in the dream, but I know they're there somehow. Were looking at fireworks, and a MASSIVE spiral shape golden tower shooting up out of the middle of a city over the back fence, reaching right up into the clouds, but this weird hexagonal sphere grid thing sort of branching off the top, and joining up at the bottom.

The very last one, was first person walking up golden stairs, and clutching onto a golden rail feeling extremely sick, some sort of massive shaking feeling.

Then I woke up, with the static, and my girlfriend laying next to me wide eyed staring at me wondering what the **** was going on. she still remembers that as do I.

My sisters name is Elke Jean Brennand. She was the twin sister of my other sister, Kali Anne Brennand.

My name is Dane Brennand, I am also a twin, to my slightly (lol) older brother, Jesse John Brennand.

So yeah, my mum had 2 sets of twins to one man.

Also, I am a twin, and also a Gemini. That makes me superman btw. How many taurses are actually a bull.

And very recently:

Also, my uncle recently commited suicide in jail and the day he died in hospital, I had a VERY strange day leading up to that.

For those who care:

My girlfriend was at work, as usual on a saturday. I was planning on just sitting indoors all day until she got home hours later, just playing games etc.

For some retarded reason, I decided to do something I never do, go for a walk, outside, to a social place and get food. At the time, it wasn't weird, but in hindsight that was INCREDIBLY out of the ordinary.

I went to lock both doors (the wooden and the screen). I have always, every single time since lease of the unit, locked both doors. This time however, just before I closed the door, the screen, I was about to reach for my pocket for my keys, to lock it, and for some reason, I wen't "nah" and stopped my hand just before touching my pocket, in which case had I done this, I would have realised i just left my keys INSIDE. Being 11:30, there would have been plenty of time to walk to the real estate agent and get the spare key. No drama.

I went on my walk, got a breadroll thing from the bakery, sat down for 30 minutes eating and drinking and what not. Completely somehow oblivious to the non existent jingling in my pocket. Somehow, I dunno.

anyway, I walk back home, go to get my keys, walah, I don't have them. I retrace my steps in town, but then I realize it's too late. It's 12:15. Real estate agent is now closed. I'm locked out of the house till 6 pm.

So I go back home, IT STARTS TO RAIN. HEAVILY. I pull in one of our front metal garden chairs and I sit close to my door, just away from the rain SPEWING at the ground. I sap the wifi inside and watch some youtube, to attempt to pass some time.

I decide to go **** this, and ring my mum. She answers, tells me shes at the hospital. Note: she had a 10 minute window of calling oppourtunity. Meaning, I had almost just missed her, before she went back into the ward for another couple of hours (no phones allowed). Somehow, I got a hold of her.

she tells me that my older sister Kim, is actually driivng TO MY TOWN (I moved away from home a couple years back) to pick up my aunty and grams from the airport.

I ring kim, tell her the news, she's coming to get me and then we'll both pick them up from the airport.

I think, **** me, what luck. So I begin to wait an hour for her to arrive to pick me up.

I ring mum again (she told me to ring back so she knows if I got through to kim).

Here's where it get's interesting.

As soon as I dial the number, it is picked up without a dialtone. I hear a heavy breathing, interlaced with what I can only describe as "daft punk underwater with ****tonnes of breathing and reverb".

It was like a musical instrument, like a polyphony sound system, but it sounded like it was being spoken out of a mouth. I would say something, it was stop. Then it would continue, this would happen each time. It sounded as if it was getting more aggressive. Faster, louder, audio was clipping etc. Breathing became more piercing like a suck rather than a blow.

I hang up after a few minutes of going WHAT THE ****. I ring mum back to see what happens, she answers.

SHE HEARD THE EXACT SAME THING. So heres the deal. I ring, 2 phones, somehow, hear the same output. Input (my voice, her voice) completely gone, but we both hear the same thing. Though she says hers didn't sound so aggresive.

Cooler still, someone on youtube has actually recorded this noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyO5OZWX-l4

Exactly, to the t, the same kind of sound.

So anyway, against my will and planning from that morning, I ended up at the hospital that day, for my uncle to surprisingly and unexpectedly die earlier than expected. Somehow, the ****ing universe aligned and got me there.

And the final part of this:

My mother recieved a text message on her phone, from my sister kim (the one who picked me up) at 2:30 in the morning.

The text message simply reads:

RWATCHINGDVRA

My sister kim has an iphone. She never sent this message, and was genuinely suprised and confused when I told her she sent a message to mum. Didn't show up at all in kims message registry. My sister is a noob btw, she knows nothing about anything related to tech or clearing cache and what not.

Besides, it's not her style. Something so....cryptic and weird looking would never have come from that single mother.

So yeah.

My Uncles name is David Fraser, brother to my mum, Julie McDonnell(maiden fraser).

He died on the 11/12/10. That day was, as above, the weirdest day I've had in a long time.

14. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    can you not tell thats a reflection on the screen? Its more obvious at the end when you see another bit of light come into the frame on the left. This is what happens when people record a screen from a laptop (glossy screen) or whatever to get it uploaded faster.

15. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    The house my family grew up in for 30+ years had a boy that past away in one of the bedrooms everyone except for 2 of us saw the kid appear at one time or another in the time we lived there.

16. SorienOR

SorienOR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    Agreed

17. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    My mom and aunts told me this story that happened when I was about 2 years old, my parents brought me to the cemetery to visit my grandparents tomb for the first time. They were all horrified because as we were approaching the tomb (still a few 20 or so meters away) I was laughing like i was being tickled and I was pointing towards the direction of the tomb like I was reaching for someone.

18. *Bio*

*Bio* Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 6620G
    Yeah whats up with that i get it all to often.

19. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    When I was a baby, I died on the operating table.I had a reoccurring dream throughout my childhood, into my teens, that I was trying to get to a place, but at the last moment, I was grabbed and pulled back.I mean at least once a week for years....

I saw a TV show about how near death people have an experience like this when I was 13-14, and I remember thinking maybe that was the answer.Since I saw that show, I've never had that dream again.

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    don't really believe in this stuff but i did have a few strange things happend to me shortly after my grandpa died, in his room mainly, we used to turn off the light only to come back later and find the room lit despite the switch itself being in off position. :banana:

doors slamming shut and opening all by themselves, footsteps etc, this activity lasted a couple of month and then stopped completely, been years now.

it was interesting, a friend recommended to try and record some EVP and asking questions in the room, did this a few times (i felt like a retard).

when i analyzed the evp with Audacity.. guess what... i found nothing. [​IMG]