The Paranormal/Supenatural

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Solinari, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Have you ever had a paranormal or supernatural experience that could definitely not be mere coincidence, misinterpretation or wishful thinking?

From seeing a ghost manifest before your very eyes to seeing a UFO (lights in the sky don't count in my book) that made a spectacular manoeuvre that defy typical flight characteristics including lighter-than-air craft, has anything happened to you that convinced you something else is at work?

Unfortunately seeing isn't always believing in these cases, for example say you think you saw a ghost. Do you think you knew who it was? Did it have clothing and if it so was it the clothing the person died in or just something they liked in particular?

It doesn't have to be just UFOs and ghosts, it could be anything considered supernatural or paranormal or even ZE OCCULT! I have seen a few documentaries on Youtube about the occult and i'll be honest it does scare me, well not the actual documentaries but the idea of trying to invoke some entity that turns out to be highly disagreeable. I don't actually really believe in it, i like to see proof of something first (maybe not creepy occult stuff though, i'll let someone else handle that) but what does baffle me is that some highly intelligent and powerful people are most definitely involved in this stuff. Jack Parsons for instance founder of JPL was in to it and it's rumoured that many of the political elite are involved in some way from Freemasonry to Kabbalah, if there is definitely nothing in it then why are they in to it? Are they just pretending? Does it matter if it can't actually be demonstrated and replicated in a lab because if the person thinks it's real does that make it real for them?

There is a story that someone asked Aliester Crowley for a demonstration of his "powers", Crowley pointed to a man in the street and started to mimic his walk and suddenly dropped to his knees and the person he was mimicking slipped and fell.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Crowley was a fraud. He also claimed he was the first person to climb hells kitchen in north wales (near - Glyder Fach) The guy was full of **** imo.

3. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I think as a human species we convince ourselves of the supernatural, paranormal, & the occult. Well I haven't, but many do, lol. Ninety-nine percent can be explained away, the other 1% is beyond our grasp at this time. I truly believe that we are no different than our predecessors, passing lore of unexplained occurrences. Those occurrences might very well be explained by future generations, much like we have already done with some of the previous myths.

We as people are strictly limited by our senses, tools, & knowledge. The biggest problem is our senses. We have limited ways to take in & interpret information. While we can use tools to view our world differently from what we can naturally perceive, that information still needs to be converted to something our senses understand. Think about this for a moment, how do you describe the most simple of objects without using one of your senses? That's why we are limited because our knowledge is derived from those senses & even science which is still in it's infancy will tell you what your perceiving is most likely incorrect. So we have yet to even scratch the surface imo.

4. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    No. But I admit that I infrequently experience the most convincing déjà-vu´s you could imagine -- everything happens exactly the way I imagined to the tee. But afterward I always rationalize these minor departures from perceived reality by acknowledging that I couldn't have confirmed that something happened the way I knew it would until after it had already happened, meaning that there was a window for reconstructive memory to play its tricks before my brain could affirm the notion.

5. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    No sir. That means something has changed in the Matrix.

6. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    Well i never heard about that, i did hear he went on a climbing expedition where there was a "mutiny" and the climbing expedition "headed back down the mountain (minus Crowley)... despite Crowley's warning "you'll be dead within ten minutes". An avalanche occurred and Crowley apparently did nothing to try and help, this destroyed any chance of him being involved in climbing expeditions.

Maybe he did lie about Hell Kitchen, i don't know, maybe he was a fraud but he was at least interesting. Probably insane in many ways and totally deviant in every way but never the less some of the stuff he did is interesting, to me anyway. I don't know about being a "Thelemite" or anything like that so as far as that is concerned who knows, i can't hep getting a hint of L Ron Hubbard about the whole thing (inventing a religion basically), that said i wouldn't say Crowley is a fraud in that sense where i would say L Ron Hubbard most definitely is.

What makes me wonder is something that can be demonstrated and repeated in lab, The Double Slit Experiment, how can it "know" it's being watched.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well i think i had a visit once..

I was still a kid around 6yrs old and i was home alone with my sister she was around 17yrs back then. Anyway we decided to call ghosts - our dead grandmother, she even made a ouija board look a like and then we started to call,.. I still remember i got all focused on calling and then sometime later ~10min or so, we heard a loud knock on the shades (3 times), really loud. The window was next to us on the right by the kitchen table..
    We where on the 1st floor in the house and if someone tried to pull a prank he would have to climb on the balcony, but we would have heard that because the fence would make a metalish sound.. but no, no one was heard only this mysterious very loud knock 3 times and then it was silence,.. lol i remember being so freaked out i didnt want to look and lift the shades, and i said to her go stay with me dont go away..we went to the room next door and watched TV for a bit, then after 30min or so we decided to have a look but yea no one was there...

Idk maybe we called a spirit maybe not, but i believe something happened back then, i also heard if you leave the doors and windows closed and shut with shades then you're not welcoming spirits and they knock for entrance.. sounds weird but yea it could be.

I never tried to call since then, it was freakish enough and that was what good 20yrs ago,..
    lol wow time flies by :infinity:.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  8. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    Sometimes I see future event glimpses in my dreams. Basically "Deja-Vu".

9. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Well if we don't know something, then how could we possibly know that we don't know it.

Anyway, we don't have the knowledge required yet to understand supernatural. Some would argue that, let's say, they saw a ghost. Who are we to approve or disprove whatever they encountered. Until we disprove it, there's a possibility that it may have occurred. I personally don't believe in ghost, and imo they do not exist, but i cannot talk for everyone else and say that. Same thing applies to UFOs, the universe is unbelievably huge and it would be just ignorant to say that Earth are the only planet that contains life. There is a possibly, quite a big one actually, that there is life somewhere else that is intellectually superior than us. We can't just say they don't exist because that's just the answer some of us would like to hear, but i prefer to think rationally than irrationally

10. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

also known as eyes processing things +institive reaction before your brain does really notice about it.

I never had any paranormal activity lol o_O.

Well now i do, some1 can see my post answering to inklimited OVER his post? wtflol.

11. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Sometimes I am so awesome at first person shooters online, it borders on premonition. It's like there is a guardian angel guiding my bullets into players headboxes. The speed with which I navigate the field is quite certainly unnatural.

Oh... and this one time I was taking a night time stroll when I lived out in the sticks, when this bright light appeared from somewhere and lit up the entire valley. That was weird, but it was probably a meteor OR AN ALIEN SPACECRAFT.

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It was me! I ATE IT ALL! BWHAHAHAHAHA! :3eyes:

13. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Sometimes I reach into my bag of candy and there is none there?! I couldn't have eaten that many...

14. Xbrain

Xbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6950
    I agree with ShadowMythabout perception and interpretation.

I'd like to add that people can have experiences that they definitely interpret as supernatural. But reality is subjective. A fool can be convinced that the sky is orange. It is his reallity. Or, he may very well be the only sane guy on earth while everyone else is crazy. Or everyone can be wrong...

So the only question that must be awnsered is: "Does this particular experience satisfy my conception of reality ?".

15. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    TheHunter...I believe there was a thread like this a few years back and you told the same exact story

16. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    Well one story, and not to take away from how real it may have seemed, a 6 year old isn't exactly a reliable witness.

inklimited, psychotic episodes which take place within Call of Duty don't count, nah i am just kidding i know exactly what you mean. It's more a case of why am i never that good all the time? (you hacking bastards :p )

The UFO thing though, i would have thought more of you would have reported something, then again maybe i made the criteria too restricted by saying that lights in the sky don't count, maybe they do, depends what it was. I recall seeing 3 "stars" travel across the night sky when i was maybe 13 or 14 when my friend and i tried to use his telescope to look at the moon. In fact they remained in the sky long enough for me to get home and ask my Dad what they could be. Satellites of course is the most reasonable explanation but you usually see one of them and they're gone quite quickly, i wish i could remember that better.

Now there that Jerusalem UFO thing going about that has made the FOX News website (and that was just a quick look 2 seconds ago, so it's probably made more than that). It seems at least the first 2 have been completely discredited and that you could go even further and say it was a real event that was deliberately discredited by making fakes, which i think it's bollocks frankly.

As it is now, i would take testimony of Major Milton Torres (this video has much better sound than the one i could find on Youtube) over any photo or video footage these days without the credible witnesses to back it. Today you simply can't not say of a UFO video "it is definitely not fake" and the ones that do show spectacular manoeuvres are usually fake. This guy Milton Torres was almost brought to tears because he was released from a secret he carried most of his life that was classified by 2 governments. If you have an interest in this then watch the video, Nick Pope is probably thee best UFO investigator there is, he above anyone else i can think of lends great credibility to the whole subject.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    lol so you're saying i imagined it? :p

nope i remember it like it was yesterday and no it wasn't a childish imagination..

yes i did made a topic of it and i asked for others about their experiences :nerd:

then some said it was already talked about by another forum member, but his story turned out to be a hoax :D

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  18. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    No i am absolutely not saying you imagined it. However you were very young, too young to think of any logical explanations at the time and young enough to be easily frightened. Now the passage of time and your interpretation of what happened has shaped what you think happened. I can hardly recall anything from where i was around that age but i am sure i would recall something frightening like that but 6, i mean really? You're suggesting this could not have another explanation? A 6 year old can not reliably tie their own shoe laces let alone objectively look at a very frightening event.

I am not saying nothing happened or that you imagined it, however whatever did happen could easily have been something innocuous that due to the fact you were playing with a ouiju board at the time which was already potentially frightening you have naturally associated the two events and the fear from the unusual event was severly magnified by the fact you were playing with a ouija board.

I would be saying the same thing if you said you were 16 at the time but i mean 6, really? You're going to defend this and say it definitely couldn't have been anything else?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    well my sister was with me and she was ~17.. and when i asked her about it few years later she said there was no hoax..

Besides i was fascinated not scared, but that knock on the shades was scary yes and that was around 7pm so it was still half daylight..
    We made it dark in the room and lighten a candle.. then after 10min of so we heard those loud knocks (3 times) on the window shades..

And no im not a scary person either, i've seen allot of horror movies back then, like TheThing, Exorcist 1, Children of the Corn or Hellraiser to name a few,.. and if you seen those movies then you would agree that those where the scariest movies of all times, even today ok except Children of the Corn is so so..

What im saying is i didnt image it.. and maybe i've been a little older, idk i think i already went to school 1st or 2nd class i was around 6-7years old or so.. like i said we would have heard someone if he/she climbed on the balcony and knocked on the window, but no it was dead silence only those loud knocks.

Lol im not gonna talk any further believe me or not, but i guarantee you it wasn't scared childish imagination.

20. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    I never said you imagined either, i believe something happened that scared or fascinated you but you were too young at the time to objectively look at it, even if you were 10 or 11 i'd say the same thing. I am sure you and your sister were both frightened (or fascinated) by something that happened while you were doing something (playing with a ouija board) that was potentially frightening.

That's all i am saying.