The Outer Worlds

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CalculuS, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    2145MHz ain't something to scoff about :) It's a respectful number by all means.

My ".ini"s always reset upon launching the game. Do you have to set them to read-only?

2. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Really enjoying this game so far! Combat is meaty and satisfying, and it's written really well and is genuinely funny. Found the terminals to be wordswordswordswordswords/horrifically boring in Fallout games (3 onwards), but I read every terminal in this game because it's actually interesting.

One of my favourite little touches that make dialogue feel more "realistic" was when I spoke to a guy about paying some money he owed, but I'd previously gone down a dialogue tree about getting him some medicine first. So he goes "WHATEVER GET ME THE MEDICINE FIRST I CAN PAY IT'S FINE", but he wouldn't have if I hadn't discussed the medicine with him first. Keep noticing little touches like this, and the companions butting in to conversations is dope too. Super immersive!

3. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  4. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    In this game there are already some banned words
    https://pastebin.com/jTDiYsAy

Could be a good game,but ugly & no charisma characters are not a good feeling for everyone.

The writers of this game:

[​IMG]

o_O

5. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Ah I shouldn't have clicked that, didn't think there'd be actual spoilers for one of the quests there. Might wanna edit that into your post.

Overall who cares tho, just play the game and don't give a crap about gender politics.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've stopped playing it until we get proper Ultrawide support. Playing at 2560x1440 stretched isn't cool.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  7. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    I have it running at 3440 x 1440 with some ini changes.

8. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    It is not streched!!

Normal VS 21:9
    That is not streched!
    Only weapon is bigger / closer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    why is it that MMORPG's make you feel like you more apart of a living breathing world?

GameHaven66 likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    maybe all the randos tee bagging and cybering in public improves your immersion.

or you like most people turn off general chat and never view the cancer that is really there ;p.

ShadowDuke likes this.

11. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hi, I have a strange problem. I have a 144Hz Gsync monitor and usually I disable ingame Vsync and force Vsync ON in the game profile. Then I set FPS limit in RTSS.
    My problem is, that the FPS is almost constant (lower than the limit) with Vsync ON (ingame or NVCP - it does not matter). Without Vsync I get not only the expected FPS but also a heavy tearing.

Here are my observations (RTSS limiter = 100FPS for the testing purpose, game in fulscreen exclusive mode, monitor in Gsync mode - indicated by LED):
    Gsync ON, Vsync OFF: FPS <= 100, heavy tearing visible
    Gsync ON, Vsync ON: FPS ~ 82, no tearing

It looks like Gsync is not working in this game. My other games have no problem with Gsync+Vsync.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, v1903 + all updates
    Driver 440.97
    Any advices? Thanks

12. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Weirdly I can only pick ultrawide in borderless windowed, fullscreen only allows up to 2560x1440. Borderless windowed is fine though, so it's not a problem

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    mine doesn't reset at all

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    think it depends on the store you're using, with the Xbox Pass for PC, my ini is also reset at every game start, have to make it read-only.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    looks like borderlands and mass effect were crammed together by a studio that can actually make story and animations work properly.

16. Yeah that's funny you say that - I literally got that vibe into my initial hour / and deff a fallout: new vegas sense of visual style in the way certain things are done (ui of monitor screens character faces even etc) but tbh the game has the og fallout folks working on it so.... there's that.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Care to share?

I'll post a 21:9 vs 16:9 showing the exact same spot and you'll see for yourself. It's very evident that everything becomes "broader". I mean, it's pretty logical to isn't it? 2560x1440 on a 3440x1440 screen either has black bars or is stretched on the sides. Maybe you've done som ini changes?

I found an .INI fix but when I applied it, saved and started the game, nothing happened.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I think 21/9 is good for singleplayer games,but for multiplayer especially older titles which doesn t support this kind of resolution i think its purely niche market, and i think it is too much of an exaggeration to be buying 21/9 aspects, i am fine with 16/9 myself as it still a norm

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Have you ever tried playing at a 21:9 monitor? :) For me the technical difference was almost as big as HDD vs SSD :) I love the increased field of view and it's great for productivity.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its no that simple. 21:9 is pushing more pixels needing more gpu power. It support can be lacking in many games. 29 inch is too small while 34 inch is minimum i would get if going ultrawide and that costs 400$+. They are also limited to 100hz or less. I know curvature is a matter of choise but for ultrawide its a must in my opinion to have that effect you want otherwise its just to wide and dumb.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019