The Order: 1866

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I find this annoying. How much gameplay did you get to have in those first 2 hours? I'm still going to buy it because I need something to play, but ugh - I guess it's a lightly interactive movie?

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am hoping my copy has arrived today. Should have come yesterday but, damn, Royal Mail as per usual! I am a bit of a self-confessed graphics wh*** and someone who only plays story-driven single player games so I am sure I'll really enjoy this for as long as it lasts. The borders don't bother me too much either...I spent many years playing letterboxed PAL console games on the N64 and PSone so I tend to stop noticing them (it also helps that my TV frame is black and I play games mostly at night (...mostly) with the light off.

3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Right.It is like a movie,but I would have liked more actual gameplay.This an the black bars are my only complaint thus far.

I'm taking my time with the game, but I've reached chapter 8 already :(.
    I just hope the story doesn't dissapoint.

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Played for 20 minutes or so before I had to go to work. First impressions are that it looks nice. Smooth game. Just a shame about the cinema borders. I paid £50, which is a discrace in 2015.

5. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    This game sucks

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    physical copy ?

eww

7. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    The American's bitch about paying $60, try playing £50 for your games which at the current exchange rate is $77 :wanker:

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    To be fair I said $60 isn't expensive for what games have to spend to be made. But to be even more fair, American's tend to bitch about everything. lol

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    holy crap

cut-scenes EVERY 5 MINUTES , the game is so pretty but the minute i kill all the enemies a series of cut-scenes starts , 10 minutes later a get to play for 3 minutes if there's no shooting then another cut-scene

damn it RAD get your **** together

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Picked it up at lunch, still at work so I cant play it for a while. I went ahead and preordered Final Fantasy Type O so I can get the FFXV demo. Ironically that hour long demo will have more game play than the order lol

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Well I did the first 3 chapters and am liking it, flows really nice and the graphics are insane, best looking game period.

I agree there seems to be not much gameplay to start with but I hear it gets better.

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    For all the jokes the PC master race makes about the hardware of the new consoles, I don't see anything on PC rivaling this. My 290x just sits. Sli rigs just sit. And now the argument is the gameplay when before it was about graphic capability. PC gamers refuse to admit their superior hardware is inferior by the fact developers solely focus on console gaming these days. PC is an after-thought and considered "out of the kindness of the dev's heart" because the idea still exists there's no money to be made on PC.

I hate it, but the sooner you come to terms with it, the easier it is to just enjoy a console on the big screen (this is where 50 pc gamers tell me their pc is hooked up to their 75 inch 4k in the front room with an xbox controller and it's so much better heh).

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Just have all of them and hook them up to the same TV.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I have to say that I am enjoying the game so far. It looks beautiful, with no framerate drops that I can noticed. It runs silky smooth. Next you see big movies boarders covering half of the screen, not as bad as you might think. Cutscenes flow flawlessly, making the game even more engrossing. I don't think I have played anything quite like it before.

Even the QTE prompts are nicely intergrated, without being over used.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  15. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    The game is actually just like the reviews say. It is very pretty, and has a dank damp wet industrial revolution look to it . The story isn't actually gripping, but not bad. It is extremely linear. The gunfights are similar to uncharted or tomb raider. Has about zero exploration. The quicktime isn't really all that bad, it pops up from time to time, but there is more gunplay than quicktime. The cutscenes aren't that bad either, as they seem to not last that long. It's basically walk a bit, do a quick time, shoot some stuff in a pop up gallery, watch some cutscene which may or may not have quick time, rinse repeat.

That said, I like games like this as a change of pace, it's kind of like a movie. So to me I didn't mind spending $60 on it, for an afternoons entertainment. Plus my two 17 yr old daughters will play it at sometime, so it's not liek it will only get one play through in this house.

It is phenomenally good looking. Did I mention that? If your not a graphics whore though, then I would pass for sure. In all honesty that is really the only thing that sets it above a mediocre to below average game.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, that cost me £37 not the £44-£45 that the digital and other online copies are selling for, plus a physical copy has second-hand value. This is why I always buy disc copies on console, where possible. On PC I don't mind buying digital copies because (a) they are much cheaper; and (b) PC boxed games have no second-hand value at all once the key has been used.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't know why people make such a big deal about the borders personally as Blu-ray and DVD movies have them 90% of the time and this game is trying to deliver a cinematic experience after all. And if the game wasn't 1920x800 resolution then the graphics would simply not look as good as they do here.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive by the way...it had better come today or else...

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Do we really want to see games trying to be more like movies? Having unskipable cutscenes is bad enough.

Gameplay feels like a afterthought with some of the next generation games.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't think it's letterboxed to make it cinematic though, sure i remember the devs saying they made that decision so they could use 4xMSAA.

20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Why not use 2xMSAA and forget about those black lines?