The official DEAD SPACE thread!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ElDiablo2K3, Feb 12, 2008.

1. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    Gears is a fantastic port (i have it both on PC and 360 and i found it much better on the former), i wouldn't say it's the best port ever though. Mass Effect is the best port in my opinion ( again i find this better on PC than 360) although the anti-piracy system does discredit it a bit.

This game Dead Space looks good, reminds me of System Shock but mixed with The Thing and Event Horizon.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Cant wait for it, just looves a good horror game :D

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
  4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Very nice trailer! :D

5. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    Awesome, survival/horror/sci-fi is my favourite genre.

I'll be looking forward to this one.:)

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Just cuz its ea and its TPS doesn't mean its gonna ve crap.. wth are you talking about man?

Lost planet and Mass Effect are the two that stick out for me, and they totally kickass on PC.

On many accounts I will generally agree with what you say on here Gunner, but this one is way off, imo.

7. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I dont generally mind TPS games, or indeed ports, but my own experience with ports lately has been terrible.

Lost Planet - bloody hell, I'm not even sure they remembered to port it, it just happened to 'work' on the PC. The cursor movement was absolutely terrible (just like using a joypad), and they didnt even get rid of references to joypad buttons! Ugh, hated it with a passion, and it could have been so good.

Mass Effect - is a game that works well on console or PC. Its not an FPS trying to be a TPS, its jsut a good game, that you can take at your own pace.

And with EA of late - I dont think I should even have to quantify that one. Strangely, a lot of my favourite games are published by EA (BF2 / 2142, Crysis, CnC series - though the westwood ones were a LOT better etc) They jsut have a habit of rushing dev's with the games, leaving a buggy lump of mess to be bought at the shelf, requiring 2 or more patches to get it running properly.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    For us PC users unfortunately, EA are NOT the only ones. So far infinity Ward has released several patches for CoD4, but honestly, those patches may have fixed some issues, but that game works perfectly right out of the box. This is rare nowadays. Bioshock was another example of a great playing polished game. Lots and lots of other games though seem to need patches just to make them work properly.. sad but true.
    No wonder so many pc users have gotten fed up and moved to consoles.
    I still use both, but I can understand their plight

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)