The "Occupy" phenomenon.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by RandyB, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's nice to see how the protest has already been hijacked by extreme and radical groups, as well as the racists:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4135361,00.html

Every time there is a mass movement like this it is always hijacked by the radicals, just check out the French Revolution for the best example.

2. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
  3. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Sigh , you really want to go into the details. Fine.

No free higher education, actually the opposite high fees which discourage young people from getting an education.

Second point I would imagine people aren't left to die that would be disgusting but other then that you pay your way and given the expensive nature of medicine to me adding a middleman just seems retarded.

You pay more for less service while at the same time disenfranchising part of the population... Yey for america.. Something to be real proud of dude.

We've been over the stats man, I've showed them to you. Italy pulls off better health indicators then you guys and that's saying ALOTTTT(no offence to Italians).

You also manage to defend bankers? the banks were all aboard the housing plan and they did a little more then just loan money to people (Plus they knew all along the government would HAVE to bail them out). They ran a racket of constant repackaging of the debt and then selling it off as solid as **** AAA assets to unsuspecting small savers/investors. Since CDS's are not controlled the obligations could be packed and repacked over and over and sold. When finally the whole house came down crashing the government was left no choice but to bail them out.

I guarantee that whoever was president in 2008, even Rick Perry (whose bat**** crazy) would have been forced to bail them out because at the end of the day it was something which had to happen given the situation.

4. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    That video is right on and this one expands on what you alluded to regarding corporate donations:
    http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/judge-rules-corporations-may-donate-directl

5. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Anyone who can read **** like this and not see the collusion between Big Agri and Big Pharma, IMO, is a useless human being:
    http://www.vancouversun.com/health/ADHD+rules+could+kids+young+four+drugs/5557398/story.html
    http://www.2gohealth.com/dangers_of_ritalin.htm
    It's the ingredients in the food causing ADHD. I know this, because I had this my entire life - right up to the point where I stopped eating processed and fast food. It doesn't take a degree in food science to figure this **** out.

6. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    FFS randy wtf do GMO's/Pharma have to do with the protests?

eta: For another poster, the aforementioned cheesy music in the background for the msnbc video is Hans Zimmers "Time" from Inception.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  7. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    Wrong, food and fuel prices go up due to Wall Street Speculation. Research it!!

8. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
  9. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hahaha.

Randy you just believe everything you read on the internet?
    You seem like the kinda person that is so for one thing and refuses to be wrong. The type of person that can have facts thrown right in your face that prove you wrong and you'll still stick to your side because your ignorant.

10. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    It's just a bunch of idiots. Soon all these protests will fade, and nothing will have changed.

11. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    I'm not here to educate you and FYI; I was NOT the only person there with a sign that said "STOP MONSANTO". Big Agri, Big Pharma, Big Oil and Big banks are all one "big" happy family! I guess we should also include Big Government. I'm just happy that their are a few people on this forum who are able to see the Big Picture!

12. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    No, I just believe the truth; which it seems, people such as yourself have been so brainwashed with propaganda and conditioned by the "authorities", that you simply block it out. Welcome to the matrix.

13. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!

I'm not brain washed at all. I am a very open minded person but the "facts" your throwing out there don't seem very reliable to me. I'm sure if I tried I could find websites that prove all your things wrong. There is two sides to each story and it seems your stuck on listening to just one side of the story.

You probably don't even listen to what the other side says. You probably don't give the other side a chance to speak their mind and there side of the story and explain why certain things happen.

14. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    I don't mind saying, that before I woke up two years ago, I was totally brainwashed. As far as the information I collect; I do hours of research each and every day and I do look at both sides of an argument. I used to trust corporations, government and their agencies to do what's in the best interest of the people. Now I know differently. Money and power control everything. Of this, there can be no question.

15. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:

16. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Don't trust anyone is the moral to this story lol.

I don't trust anyone that gets to powerful, be it a politician or a corporation. Greed is a very nasty thing and turns good people to very evil people for the most part.

I say if I every got crazy rich I would be good with it and help out a lot of people but none of us truly know that till it happens.

17. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  18. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Sigh, you ignore or don't know all the facts. Ever hear of getting a scholarship? or getting grants because you studied hard and therefor got good grades while you got free public education? Heck even illegals are in the news about how they're getting cheaper college in state tuition. And it's not just people about to die that get treated by law in Emergency rooms. And since so many people(including illegals) get treatment and never pay guess what the hospital jacks up the rates for everybody else to offset their costs. And sorry if you think it's me defending the banks when it's a absolute fact that the Gov't forced them to give loans to people with bad credit. That's not the only reason the banks went under but yes it did happen and was a large part in why they went under. And yes Rick Perry is crazy for being in favor of illegals getting help through taxpayer funds for their higher education. I'll still vote for him over Obama if he's the R nominee though. BTW it's possible that Obama will have close to 1 Billion dollars for his re election campaign from all those bad corporations he pretends to hate.

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
  20. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.