The Next Dragon Age

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Dec 11, 2020.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

Strange that they aren't numbering it, same with the next Mass Effect, just "the next".

Don't screw it up....

DannyD likes this.
  2. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    Kevin Mauro likes this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will beat DA:I after I get the next DA maybe... Single player or bust, they can also bring back the original combat

4. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    This sounds encouraging, but if they have already spent a lot of time developing the game with MP in mind, how good is it going to be now? I doubt they will scrap the whole thing and build it again as SP game. They will likely remove the forced MP parts that they could have monetized. DA:I already played as an offline MMO. Overall seems like another Anthem from them, but naturally that's just speculation and we will have to see more.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    I disagree that DA:I was an offline MMO... it clearly was made as a SP roleplaying experience. You could argue the combat was MMO-like, but that's about it.

If the "MP" likeness of the new dragon age is just limited that of DA:I, then i am totally fine with it... but there are lots of games that actually plays like offline MMO's these days (like anthem, as you mentioned), and i wont be interested in it if that's the case... which i fear it might very well be. Though i hope not, cause i really really like dragon age.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I had absolutely no idea Inquisition had multiplayer... I watched some gameplay for it and was like... ohh that's why when I saw it had a "Store" in the game.... then I was like I bet you they are selling "currency" to use in the game on Origin... and shock horror... EA will EA...

[​IMG]

Dragon Age is a singleplayer video game series, why they were even trying to insert multiplayer into it is beyond me.... but then again I already know why. EA.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    sp take writers, voice actors, editors. etc.

mp takes some assets flipped and stuck in a game and some promotion $$$$$. is why.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Combat was fine, the world felt very much like an MMO. You had huge, mostly empty, areas and a lot of very generic side quests, like kill x enemies here or there. It was still an OK experience, although I must admit I don't even remember the story very much, but immersion wise it was quite a lot worse for me than the first DA: Origins. That's despite Origins having isometric camera and comparatively clunky combat.

What I'm afraid of, is that due to MP considerations, there would be similar world built for MP experience with a lot of generic quests, locations and rewards. But I guess we will see.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    I really disagree - i think the world was amazingly done. Really a strong point for DA:I... loved exploring it.

That said, i agree that it would be really sad if the coming DA was completely generic in a sorta WoW style.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Backstabak and Embra like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I made a biggest mistake by playing the second game first and it was an absolute garbage putting me off from any other game in the series.

Embra likes this.

11. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    Origin is a classic. I do not expect the next to be close to it, but would like to see them moving back to the model of it.

Quality rpg's are far and few sadly.

Undying likes this.
  12. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    oh boy oh boy oh boy