The New Xbox 360: Fully Detailed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Inspire08, Jun 15, 2010.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    devs could throw all kinds of extras in, like making of..etc. though i guess they really don't do too much with BR on PS3 games. If hardware was not an issue i'm sure they would use more space for higher res textures maybe. However it may 10 or more years until PC games ever adopt Blue Ray, if they ever do. i remember it took years to adopt to DVD completely. UT2k3 came on like 6 CD's lol long after consoles were using dvd.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I expect there will be a small period where blu ray discs are offered as an alternative to DVDs before it becomes entirely digital.

3. Liberalism

Liberalism Active Member

GPU:
    2x XFX Radeon HD 6990 QCF
    As they say at Activision: money....money...

[​IMG]

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Microsoft need to update their NXE software then if their is going to be five USB ports. After the last update that allowed you to use 16 gig USB sticks I bought 2 and I also have a USB HD plugged in at the back for films.

When I have all 3 plugged in and I goto the Video tab and click I only see the 2 USB sticks. More than 2 things plugged in and 1 does not show up to select on screen. I have to turn off the XBox, unplug one of the sticks, turn back on and then it sees my HD. Stupid if you ask me!

5. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    polishing a turd might make it shine, but it is still a turd

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

UT2k3 was 3 discs. UT2k4 was 6 discs unless you bought the collectors DVD edition.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

Go back to the PS3 thread troll

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    is that piano black? hmm..i have 2 xbox360s..must own this too!

EDIT: and most importantly, MS pls start to sell XBOX360 officially n my country. so i can buy unmodded xbox360 and pay to u and to ur games good.

9. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    :stewpid: it feels good when you talk out of your butt?
    i never had a PS3, i had an xbox 360 and it was horrible, sold it after 2 months
    and this is not an xbox thread, nor a thread in the console section for that matter.
    and your statement about a PS3 thread is also false, there is no such thing on G3D, only a general console thread ;).
    the only troll or fanboy here is you because at least i can defend my "xbox360 being a turd" statement with this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  10. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    "45nm integrated CPU and GPU"

Does it mean that it's faster?

11. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Nope it does not mean that at all

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    No it doesn't mean it's faster.

don't think that will happen for a while, games will only tend to get bigger, and most will not be prepared or able to download 20-30gb for one game, especially with download limits and monthly caps

13. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB Vision 3080 10GB
    Xenon/Zephyr: 90nm/90nm CPU/GPU = 203W PSU Brick
    Falcon/Opus(non-hdmi): 65nm/90nm CPU/GPU = 203 PSU Brick (Edit: 175w PSU, sorry misspaste)
    Jasper: 65nm/65nm CPU/GPU = 150W PSU Brick

360S = Valhalla? = 45nm CPU/GPU = ???W PSU Brick but probably the same since the new 360 does have more USB and it has to be able to power the Kinect unit.

Doesn't mean more faster, means less power consumption = less heat = less failure.

I had a Zephyr board a while back and when I played Gears of War 2, it blew out hot air and practically warmed up my room lol. Now with my 2009 unit (Jasper) it blows out warm air and barely audible. With the 360 S its pretty much gonna be silent with 1 larger fan rather than the 2 smaller louder fans.

14. Inspire08

Inspire08 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 250GTS 800/2000/1100
    Nope, just means it should cooler. And lets try to keep the fanboyism and flaming out of this thread, shall we please? Especially since it's not released, no point in trash talking about what you don't know. Aside from that. They said the controller had been modified a bit, anybody know to what degree it's been modified. Loved the 360 controller, one of the more comfortable ones I have used.

15. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB Vision 3080 10GB

16. Inspire08

Inspire08 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 250GTS 800/2000/1100
  17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sash, the 360's failing is old news, this isn't 2008 anymore, i've yet to meet a real person who had RROD in the last few years.

Every thread about a 360 always has some bitter fanboy going on about failure rates, its old news and completely irrelevant to the new machine.

I won't be getting one though, not keen on the new look, plus i don't need one anyway, my old one is quiet enough anyway when games are installed on the HDD.

UZ7, from the video's i've saw the pads are the same, they just look shinier, and blacker, the D-Pad looks different though, but that could of been done ages ago, as my my 4 pads are all getting on abit now.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    the brick is supposed to be lighter and smaller, which probably does mean less power

19. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I know 6 people who've had xbox failues, but didn't they fix the problem?

As redemption says, nothing to do with this new one :)

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That and hopefully the chips aren't soldered into the board by the little balls this time.