The New Xbox 360: Fully Detailed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Inspire08, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Inspire08

Inspire08 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 250GTS 800/2000/1100
    http://gizmodo.com/5563153/the-new-xbox-360-is-smaller-and-blacker-but-the-same-price

Couldn't believe this hadn't be posted. The new design looks pretty sleek and sexy.

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    [​IMG]
    RRoD, how fitting. I was an idiot for buying a console this generation, never again.

3. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    • Touch sensitive on/off and eject buttons (like the PS3)
    -Now no longer a feature

• "Much quieter"
    -Hopefully not at the cost of Cooling

• 250GB internal hard drive, which is still swappable.
    -But as stated only with newer style HD

• A custom Kinect port (not a standard USB port—it's a USB port that can feed more power)
    -Ahah I knew it a way to force people to get new system if they want Kinect

• There are five USB ports now, with three in the back and two in the front
    Cool

• AV cable included, an HDMI and optical audio
    Standard

• Different power supply—it's still big but nearly weightless
    -Dont see the weight of my X360 adapter being a problem....

• External Xbox 360 hard drives and memory units are NOT compatible with the new Xbox
    -Figured

• Internal components that are changed: two small fans changed into one large fan for quieter operation, 45nm integrated CPU and GPU"
    -what about better cooling....not more silent

4. Inspire08

Inspire08 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 250GTS 800/2000/1100
    lol, did you just paint three red rings on it? On a more serious note, I just hope this time around it plays Blu-Ray, but I'm not holding my breath.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    it wont play blurays

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

They aren't forcing you to buy a new system for Kinect. Its just that with the new system you can get the power from one cable, with the old you need USB and a power source.

Also, why are you putting so much emphasis on cooling? I mean the only reason why the originals RROD so much was because of bad solder joints, not because it was to hot. As long as it can run non stop in a small area, I could care the hell less about how hot it's running.

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Yup pretty much a good deal for people who have broken systems or want to buy a new system overall. I dont see myself changing my system soon.

8. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    Trading in my current for one of these once they become available. :D :nerd:

9. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah my 360 is a jasper board, have a 120gb hd and wifi so I wont be getting one anytime soon. It does look fancy but I don't really care about the looks but more of how it performs lol

10. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I still have the Xbox 360 I bought at launch. Maybe it's time for an upgrade. :)

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    exactly the same

12. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    someone got lucky! haha

my 360 started showing problems, so i just sold it and bought some computer parts.
    maybe if this one is better, i might buy it.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Seems a nice machine, and definetly nice for the money for new customers, don't think anyone would replace an old console, unless it was really old.

wifi is a nice for some, i would rather it didn't have it, but that is me being selfish, but the new HDD should be very handy, hopefully it is as efficient as the Jasper models, but runs cooler, as RROD is a thing of the past, and would be stupid if they introduced it again.

14. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I still have my original xbox as well.

I know several people that have had tons of problems. Microsoft definitely ****ed up in terms of hardware, but honestly, I have much more fun gaming on my 360 than my PC. Although my PC has way better graphics, almost all of my college friends own a 360.

Most of my PC gaming is stuff I would never play on consoles (RTS, puzzle games, etc.)

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i'd rather see a new generation of console hardware. but still looks nice. however i think Blue Ray would have made this an instant hit on its own with lots more likely to upgrade. they gotta give in to it eventually less they plan to use HD disks for games in the future and just stream all their hi def movies, but leaves out those who already have blu ray movies at home.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Microsoft helped kill off HD DVD because they wanted to start digital downloads for movies, i don't see them embracing BluRay anytime soon, definetly not until the next gen hardware is out, and by then, who knows what tech will be around.

I would loved to of saw new hardware too, but new hardware costs MS and Sony a fortune at the beginning, and tbh, the majority of console gamers are happy with the visuals as they are, and speaking to most of my console only owning friends, gameplay is more important than graphics to most of them anyway.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    if needs be developers will use another disc, blu ray is not really required at this point, it's not as if the xbox can really handle higher resolution textures atop what it already uses

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    BluRay with games only add's HD cutscenes, which most of us hate, and want to skip, or Lossless Audio, which most people unfortunately either don't even take advantage of, or even hear the difference.

19. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i agree on gameplay, but new consoles really do, at least historically, jump start a new wave in graphic trends for PC's as well. Crysis has been the largest leap and thats from 2007 and most games in general still fail to meet that standard
    i'm not a graphics whore, i still play old 2d games a lot, but graphics are always nice and who doesnt like them but its just been a long trend with the typical DX9 type standards.

Mostly, its just a shame that consoles arnt really doing True 1080p and AA, at least most titles anyway. I think developers would prefer to have the more room of Blu Ray or even HD though, maybe not a necessity but its definitly starting to hold things back...like FF13 and Rage for instance on the 360 versions. ID has been complaining for a while now.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, it would help give PC gaming a kick up the arse graphically, but its years away for new hardware i think.

I would love to see more 1080p console games, but there isn't as much a difference between 720p upscaled to 1080p as most people make out, 720p on the 360 looks alot better than 720p on the PC, letting the TV scale is never ideal.

Rage might be a good example of needing BluRay, but the same thing could apply to the PC, since that will be released on multiple DVD's too.
    FF13 isn't a good example though the BD disc is just filled with unneccesary pre-rendered CGI footage, it looks stunning, but having FMV cinematics is just such a dated feature.