The most expensive game ever!!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Reality|Bites, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Reality|Bites

Reality|Bites Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI Asus/eVGA 8800Ultra/B
  2. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

Holy S#@%.. :gape:
    You've got to be kidding me..
    That's nuts, IMO.

3. Madax

Madax Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercooler X800GT 256
    How much is that American?

4. ludde

ludde Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 9800pro 128MB 420/380

5. Bl@ck_Thorne

Bl@ck_Thorne Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 3060 TI
    damn that's very expensive:mad:

6. paybak

paybak Guest

anyone stupid enough to pay that for a game deserves it .

7. Session

Session Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 660 SLI
    thats nothing...i remember during the first days of star wars galaxies, someone reached Jedi, turns out the first one in game, and sold that the biddings on ebay were above the $2,500 USD mark, didnt know what the winning bid was

8. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    I will never understand this obsession with buying these MMORPG charactors :rolleyes: , to each his own though.

9. RaoulDuke4413

RaoulDuke4413 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb
    I've never played a MMORPG before, but I wonder how much work it takes for someone to get that much stuff accumulated for that character. 300-400 hours of game time? Apparently quite a bit, if someone is willing to shell out that type of money for that character. It would seem to negate any sense of accomplishment that one would get by doing it the hard way, by buying characters this way.

10. petethecanuk

petethecanuk Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800GT SLI
    This is nothing compared to the monies paid out on playerauctions for EQ characters

cheers :)

11. Xelorz

Xelorz Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Tech 7900 GS 256MB
    Thats nothing. I used to play a game called Tibia and about 2 years ago some dude sold a sword one of the best swords in the game for 450 US (and at the time I had the exact same sword). I'm sure there are have been some virtual items and account from games like everquest and diablo 2 that have sold for over a 1000 US or so.

12. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    anarchy online, someone sold a charactor with full set of grid armor mk4, azura armor and dragon bone armor plus a couple big weapons for like 3,500$usd

Diablo 2. i dont think soo... to easy to cheat and get any item custom fit with everything like every power.

13. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
  14. RaoulDuke4413

RaoulDuke4413 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb
    I got curious about the eve-online, and joined for a month. I spent all day yesterday mining freaking asteroids. Now I'm hooked! Nooooooooooooo!

15. Byrd_Man5000

Byrd_Man5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
    I can't believ people pay that kinda money fro a character they didn't even build up. That to me is kinda lame. The whole point is to experience being at the bottom and working your way up. But I'll remember that next time I play a game and reach a pinnacle. E-Bay here I come. I could always use the extra cash.

16. NewMachineIII

NewMachineIII Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY Nv GF GTX 1070
    Some People don't wish to spend the time, in playing the game, that simple, second, they can't afford the brain power to play it in the first place, when they realize that they have to spend time at it, like they do their normal thing at their regular job. You put in a 8, 9, or even a 10 hour day, then you get home, you have to put in a 2, 3, or even 5 hours to play a game...'where is the time (go)/for you' some will ask.

Hence the incredible spending of money, to shorten that time in 'building' up your character, well shucks, I will even not call it that, since the template belongs to someone else.

The moral of it all, if you are going to play a game, you should accept the parameters that comes with it...if you are lazy, then in truth, you should spend your time on something else more constructive for you well being.:pc1:

17. bigpawlu

bigpawlu Guest

holy crap thats way too much some ppl are just franatics

18. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotec GTX 1060 6GB
    I should do the same when City of Heroes comes out, LOL!