The most amazing statue ever - StarCraft fans will appreciate this!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by LinkDrive, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I would recommend something like Nuclear Missile if you want to kill her :D

Ofc sword will be more than enough if you are this guy:

[​IMG]

2. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    That's fine if some people can't appreciate the skill it took to create this picture. Art is art is art. If you don't think it is, I don't really care. I think 'modern art' is the stupidest thing since reality shows (probably stupider, actually, hehe) but that's just my opinion.

I've seen those pieces by Ron Mueck. They are quite amazing. To replicate flesh and all the other fine details... awesome.

3. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung

sorry the naked dude simply doesnt have what it takes to be epic :(
    kerrigan is legendary :)

4. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Amorphous alien life form with rounded bulbous tissues growing out (poppong out) in the right places, to appease cephaloid based life forms. Thats all.

5. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i hate the fact that this turned into a retard flame war about blizzard itself. if you dont appreciate this statue then you might want to rethink what art is. there is stuff that i personaly dont like but i wouldnt try telling others that its not art nevertheless.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Guess some people arent fan of the game. :)

7. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ye but using that as a justification to bash that kerrigan statue is just wrong :) if that was an alien from the original movies there nobody would even say a single word :)

8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    Precisely. They create new IPs about as often as Id Software... but with Rage around the corner I guess that makes them even worse for that.

9. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
  10. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    First you diss a masterpiece by Michelangelo, widely regarded as one of the greatest sculptures of all time, then tell people that if they don't appreciate a plastic video game statue by Blizzard they need to rethink their opinions of art?

11. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    You are really a troll arent you? I mean seriously.

Most people here have an idea of what the word "art" is and what is its meaning. Now the sculpture that you posted is indeed beautiful but we are not discussing it arent we? Plus classical art is different than today's modern art so there is no point in arguing about it. Which comes to my next point. This is a thread about the sculpture posted in the thread and not another one.....so if you manage to stay on topic it is fine and express your opinions about it but if you come to the thread to write pointless stuff irrelevant to the topic then dont bother posting at all. Allright.....

12. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Talent behind those games gave as the amazing Hellgate, ace game that was. :wanker:

Anyway, Blizzard was never innovative (well in fairness, 'The Lost Vikings' were some what original), their strength is in polishing, playing, and then polishing some more, and then doing it again. That's why their games are as popular as they are, and why their games take so damn long to come out, they playtest them for years and only release when they feel the product is of the highest standards, not afraid to cancel their games if they don't mesure up (even if it means wasting millions), or not meeting deadlines (because they can afford not to). That is why Diablo 3 and SC 2 are promissing, not because they 'look like their predecessors'.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  13. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    actualy its called irony and sarcasm. and i still dont get it. you simply said that the kerrigan statue is "less" art then michaelangelos whatever statue. why should a sexy zerg girl made of modern materials be any less artistic then a guy with a small shlong made of stone?

its like you dont like apples and try to convince somebody who likes them why he should eat bananas instead.

btw if you are the real deal peter molyneux. thank you for the lovely hours with dungeon keeper :) i still play it over dosbox sometimes :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  14. Terpitz2

Terpitz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 2070
    Oh my god Im saving those pics just for sheer awesomeness.

and to quote more then a few people... "I'd Hit it"