1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lowdown on Speed-dating

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by fetabob, Apr 20, 2008.

1. fetabob

fetabob Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GTX/8600GTS PhysX
    So here goes.

Age 33 I look like this.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Have just got the results in from my 3rd visit to my local speed dating evening and have found myself totally loving it. One of my buddies from work got me started, He's been over ten times and had nothing but good things to say about it from the word go. If any of you boys out there are sick of not getting any pussy or are simply looking to meet loads of chicks and build up your confidence in chatting them up and approaching them then these evenings are like a total mental work out. Personally I just want to fill up my phone book for summer and see if any of them turn out to be anything less than your usual crazy neurotic brain bending baby machines - we can live in hope huh?

So my buddy from work talks me round and persuades me to go along, his motivation being that he has averaged a couple of 'scores' for every evening attended. We get to the venue on the first visit and there is a definate air of nervousness and tension in the room. All the birds are quite nervous as are many of the guys. I find myself feeling abit awkward but trying to look cool none the less, presumably everyone was the same. Scoping the room I'm pretty surprised to see that the talent is quite good, wasn't sure what to expect but out of 12 or 15 birds most of them are pretty passable one or 2 a bit older, one or 2 a bit unfortunate looking but defo a few sweet looking chicks.
    So the night kicks off and we all are assigned tables/seats and the bell rings.
    You have 3 minutes before the bell rings again and you are hurried on to the next victim. You barley get time to ask them where they are from what they do etc before moving on so there is no time for any lack of chat and with any luck if you're on form then you don't bother to ask em the standard stuff and you just start taking the piss or flirting with flair straight from the off.

anyway this weeks results.....

[​IMG]

This week was by far the best, I'm defo getting better at it, I think the first week I only got 4 ticks but the previous experience is starting to pay off.

And now in my phone i have around half a dozen new numbers of single birds who I know quite like me who are up for a good time and who I've basically hand picked from about 20 or so who ticked me.

most of the chicks that go are professionals who are not so ugly thay can't go out in public. And here's the sweet bit, the competition from the blokes is substandard. Mostly kinda quiet guys or dudes who fell out the ugly tree. Every week these things are sold out for chicks and they struggle to get blokes to go along. It's cost effective too, you'd have to go out on dozens of nights out and spend thousands on booze to work your way round all the chicks to get the same result.

If I was a guru I'd give it a highly recommended award.

2. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    ah good effort dude, to be honest most of the women you meet on a night out not in ur friendship group are complete stuck up bitchs lol.

3. fetabob

fetabob Active Member

GPU:
    sometimes it's tough to ask a chick out for fear of em saying no and making you look like a dick. And if you've been introduced via mates or collegues then you will look a dick if they knock you back. This gets that right out of the way because you know they are up for it straight out of the box !

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Kudos on posting this. A lot of people seem to get the impression speed dating and dating websites etc are for ugly people. While this might be true to some degree, on the whole I get the impression it is just for people who want to cut out the crap and chance side of things.

5. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    aslong as i end with some action after a date idc and no i dont speed date and dont plan to sign onto one of those websites

6. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    these western dating systems are so odd and are they really needed really what happened to natural dating and meeting people....

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    cause theres easier and more pussy to get other ways

8. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    lol, my advice is to lose the weight and go out more.
    the club is the worst place to meet a girl for a long term relationship. Lol, the grocery is a dread place.

9. fetabob

fetabob Active Member

GPU:
    ok, all fair points. Today after work I'm meeting a girl for coffee, tomorrow there's one who I know is coming round for some nookie, saturday I'm booked out for a night on the town with a nice looking chick and sunday I'm going for lunch with another one. There are a few others who I'm really just not going to be able to squeeze in, that's a hecktic enough schedule as it is. My Wing man who came on wednesday ended up partying all night with a stunning singer straight after the event. There was also a girl who was on me like a limpet at the event who I had to tell to beat it because she was crazy. But hell, it's all good stuff and of course there are people who you won't be interested in because it's a random cross section of the population but overall I'm just genuinely surprised at the amount of nice + good looking chicks that are up for it and it seems to have done me no end of good in terms of self confidence. And with refernce to the dating web-sites - I had a go at that and it was a nightmare, you don't get to know someone very well by chatting on msn. It's a much better idea to see what they look like and hear them speak before you make your mind up.

10. Rammstein

Rammstein Master Guru

GPU:
    2 XFX 8800GT ZALMAN 512MB
    Good to hear how its working out for you, in which country are you living? Speed dating might be diffrent from place to place. Maybe you got lucky^^.

11. fetabob

fetabob Active Member

GPU:
    i'm in UK, and we are pretty notorious for chicks who are fond of a fish supper. The 25 - 35 age night was much better than the 28 - 38. I won't be going to the older one again, one or two ladies pushing their luck by saying they were 38 ! Me being 33, then the lower range is perfect. And yeah, probably was a bit luckier this week, but I'm happy to take the good with the bad!