The LG 42" OLED 2022 C2 just came out, finally

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by MikeG, May 19, 2022.

1. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    So come and get it gaming fans who've been waiting for this size. Edit: oh I think it's been out from US locations since the first week in May. And since April in Europe. But I think it just came out on Amazon.

https://www.ign.com/articles/deal-alert-42-inch-lg-evo-c2-oled-4k-tv-now-available-on-amazon

The article has a link to the Amazon page. Ordered mine today and it arrives 8 days from now. It requires a signature at delivery but I can put up with that in this case.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Valken likes this.
  2. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel Haswell iGPU
    48" C1 is a better buy at this point due to price
    Screenshot 2022-05-19 193310.jpg

Valken and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  3. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + C1 OLED
    I can share with many from my own personal experiences. This is a wonderful PC, Movie and Gaming option. Anyone looking to try an OLED television should hop onboard right away.

These prices for the C1 are the best yet. Try to get one before they're gone. I've been gaming on multiple OLEDS for over 5 years. The experience has been amazing.

Maddness likes this.
  4. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + C1 OLED
    The LGC2 is a tad brighter than the C1 and has a faster processor of course. The differences are still somewhat minimal. I've gamed on the 55" inch C2 with the EVO panel. The titles looked fantastic. The C2 OS was indeed very responsive.

To be honest Gurus, if you have any HDMI 2.1 television from LG you're in great shape. PC and Console gaming on the C9, CX, C1 and C2 have been visual bliss. The only thing these televisions need are display ports. :)

Valken likes this.

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    C2 is available for preorder here 2 months ago. I need to go look at it to see if it has arrived yet. Sigh... with covid scalper tax on GPU + CPU, better to buy OLED instead. Enjoy it the moment it is turned on, regardless of the content.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    I would rather buy a Alienware AW3423DW than a C2.

7. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    Enjoying my C1.

8. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I've bought 55" C1 just a few weeks ago because of huge discounts. (900 USD including VAT and shipping).

The OLED panel itself is awesome, but LG's software is kinda trash when compared to Samsung or Sony. I don't regret the purchase though, for that price it's a good deal.

tunejunky likes this.
  9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070

agreed
    the set-top box i''m using allows 3rd party apps so one less need for the remote

10. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Almost $2400 in Australia for the 42", they can suck my fat... fingers. There's no way I am paying for it this overpriced. Until it comes down to around $1500 here. I know we get screwed with tech products in Australia in terms of pricing, but this is ridiculous. Prices just keep going up post-pandemic.

PS: The 55" C series was roughly $1000 cheaper 2 to 3 years ago.

[​IMG]

11. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    that's $1,667 US and that set goes for $1,200 here (w/o discounts):confused::confused::confused::confused:

12. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Hooked up the C2 42" that arrived yesterday and pc games and streaming movies are looking very nice. I think with a screensaver set for every 5 minutes and the Oled screen care options I guess I won't have any problems with burn in or image retention.

tunejunky likes this.
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I see the C2 52 for $1300 at crutchfield, if it was less or i could get on sale, i might get one and get rid of both my tv and monitor

tunejunky likes this.
  14. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Give it time.

15. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    oh really?

you don't know because you probably never owned one. my seven year old (1080p) OLED is still going strong in my den where it plays RTS and MMORPG games (that don't need more than 60Hz), does light general computing and heavy streaming,
    no artefacts... and i would know

GoldenTiger likes this.

16. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Ya rly.

We have been thru this, we can agree to disagree. There are use cases that will not get noticeable burn in for a very long time. If the TV will be used for gaming/as a monitor, burn in is basically inevitable. Very long term it is inevitable either way. Technically WOLED panels can avoid burn in but will get terrible color shift, even if you uniformly "spend" blue in WOLED panels and avoid burn in, youll end up with a yellow tinted panel.

You can check rtings.com, they have a long lasting OLED test that spans years now. Burn in is very well documented in white paper of every OLED tech currently in use anyway, you can deny it on your personal experience all you like.

17. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    ^
    First of all you should at least know what burn-in is before posting nonsense on forums. And secondly, color shift or lower luminosity happens to every light source, even LEDs or CCFL tubes.

For example one of my professional RGB LED LCDs has over 60k hours and it's maximum luminosity has dropped to 100cd from the original 250cd, but at least their luminosity is still nicely even, which is great. My Samsung LCD TVs were much worse in this regard, because after 6-8 years some LEDs started loosing maximum luminosity faster than the others, which started causing terrible uniformity issues and visible patches.

With that said, every light source will diminish after some time, but I have seen more issues with LED LCDs than with OLEDs. I have 10+ years old OLED phones with displays in perfect state. I have LG OLED TV with screen in perfect state. In fact, the only issues with uniformity I've ever had were on Samsung LED TVs.

GoldenTiger and tunejunky like this.
  18. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070

thank you.

and the deaf ears you were speaking to has no base of reference.
    my old viewsonic 24" 1080p (VA) is still working as a netflix display for my niece's children.
    it was $500 in 2000 and was S.O.T.A. :)rolleyes:) there has been clear degradation with quick and easy 1:1 to any subsequent technology (IPS). on my replacement to that was a 27" LG IPS (1st gen), that also has seen degradation made worse by 1st gen IPS "glow"...which is actually a bad edge lighting scheme.
    when i replaced that it (27" IPS) went to my nephew who i see all the time. he usually is the one to push for me to pay early adopters tax:p. my next monitor was a 35" AOC Agon but neither my nephew or i could stand the VA smearing on a large display. so he passed on adopting it after i bought as Asus TUF 27" fast IPS which is now living on as my remote display for when i'm visiting my old mom. i replaced it with a Samsung QD IPS 32" hdr 600

for a third of the 22 years i'm talking about i have owned an 55" LG OLED (1080p/60Hz) and have used it in a htpc. doing a 1:1 of the same content (Netflix is easiest as you can frameXframe it)
    my old OLED looks dramatically better than my fast IPS HDR at any time with any content despite the monitor having an advantage in resolution. actually the new "best" is Disney+ National
    Geographic 4k HDR but the difference remains the same despite the resolution advantage

GoldenTiger likes this.