The Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by [ R ], Nov 17, 2009.

1. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    I was hoping it would be a little longer than 3 chapters, but it was still fun while it lasted. Never got a chance to try out that new gun, and the golf club was a disappointing melee weapon. The interactions with the L4D1 characters was a bit of a let-down as well. As a free DLC, I liked it. Just happy to finally have a new map/campaign for the game.

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I just had another update for l4d2 anyone else?

NVM

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  3. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    yes, additional 490mb update (inc addon support)

bout to post some ss in our ss thread :)

4. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    The Passing further exemplifies why L4D2 is a failure and total flop compared to the first. Valve never should have handed the L4D mod to their own staff. Hell, they should have never bought out and dissolved the original modders in the first place.

Awesome weapon that's practically useless, that you can't reload, which every noob will fight over? Check
    Zombies that run away from you? Check
    A god awful panic finale? Check
    One quarter of a level in ankle deep water, allowing zombies to run at you while you can only walk? Check
    Anti climactic death? Check
    Characters that have jumped the shark? Check

Valve knows just how to make a craptastic game even worse.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    What "Mod" are you talking about? L4D was never a mod, it was always a game, Valve did buy out the makers of the game, yes, but it was never ever a mod

6. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    The Passing, after playing versus mode, isn't completely awful.
    It's just not that good. The finale is just a bad as Dead Center.

7. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Stand alone total conversions such as L4D -are- mods because of the simple fact that they use the base code from Half Life 2. If this were not the case, then games like Counter Strike and Fire Arms would not be considered a mod for Half Life 1.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Its actually source engine code. there are more games running on that and i wouldnt call them mods.
    Would you call batman a mod aswell since it runs on Unreal Engine 3.5's base code ?

9. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Well for that matter there are tons of games running off the Unreal 3 engine, I guess they are all mods as well, what a joke that guy is.

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol wtf are you on? ok so by your idea of a mod, every game on this list:

• Half-Life 2
    • Half-Life: Source
    • Half-Life 2: Episode One
    • Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    • Half-Life 2: Episode Three
    • Counter-Strike: Source
    • Day of Defeat: Source
    • Left 4 Dead
    • Left 4 Dead 2
    • Portal
    • Portal 2
    • Team Fortress 2
    • The DinoHunters
    • Dogfights: The Game
    • The History Channel's ShootOut! The Game
    • The Kill Point: Game
    • Kuma\War 2
    • The Crossing
    • Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    • E.Y.E.
    • Garry's Mod
    • Vindictus
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Postal III
    • Salvation
    • SiN Episodes
    • Sting: The Secret Operations
    • Tactical Intervention
    • The Ship
    • They Hunger: Lost Souls
    • Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
    • VR Worlds 2
    • Zeno Clash

are somehow mods of HL2?

Or, All of these games on this website

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

Are somehow all mods of UT3?

Sorry, but that's just simply not true, weather you want to believe it or not, it's not true

And Counter-strike 1.6, is no longer a mod technically, however FireArms is a mod

11. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    It depends on how you classify what is and what isn't a mod. To me, there's more to it than a simple matter if the game is a stand alone version or not. As I mentioned earlier, Counter Strike is known as a mod for Half Life. The simple fact that there's a stand alone version of it doesn't take away the fact that it's still a mod.

But that's beyond the point of my initial post. Mod or not, The Passing sucks :banana:

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Except for the fact that it is not a mod anymore? Counter strike is not a Modification of any game, it is built on GoldSrc Engine and requires no extra games to play, it is now as much of a mod as Batman Arkham Asylum is a mod of UT3

As i said before, just because you classify a mod as something it is not, doesn't make what you say is true, it's actually the exact opposite of what you say

Example:

I make a mod for a game

It becomes popular

I buy the rights to the engine

I now sell my game, and is no longer a mod, no matter how much you look at it, it's no longer a mod of another game due to the fact it does not require that game to play, how exactly could something be a mod of another game if it does not require that game? that's illogical

13. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Wow, I don't care about how you interpret technical terms such as "mod". That's not the point of this thread and that's not the point I was trying to get across.

14. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    the m60 needs to be fired like an m16 on single shot to be effective. at least two round burst it...johnny rambos will run out of ammo real ****in fast...and theres only one gun so i dont see the prob really. finale was exactly like dead center but on steroids. death thing was pretty mehhhh imo...but overall i think the passing is very fun, especially with versus!!

::edit::

l4d2 is $20.09 until monday! 4pack is 60 bucks!! gogogo buy it :)

15. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Epic fail!!!!

16. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Now your just getting upset that your wrong in what you said. As your idea of Mod seems to be any game that you think sucks that is made on a engine shared by another game. All the things you put on your list is what makes L4D great. It is not meant to be some super serious FPS game, it is for FUN. It was originally made for FUN and since making millions of dollars, FUN is still what it is about.

I got totally murdered my first go through at the last stage. I play only with the AI bots, and it was great fun to see team work fall apart when 2 of them were jumped on or tied up and the other did not know what to do as it could not pick which one to save. All the while I am running around trying to gas up the thing. It was great, almost like a real life person freaking out and having a mental break down. I will try again today, and AI willing, maybe finish it out.

Also you are complaining about something free, to which is also dumb. It is free, so its not an epic gaming acheivement, darn. I still stand behind Valve and what they make. 10/10 times I am very happy with whatever they put out. Being a PC gamer and getting the DLC or bonus stuff for free will keep me happy. Take a step back and look at the Passing for what it is, a short, bridge to the storyline. It is not an expansion pack or sequel. The original L4D is also going to get some type of DLC to show how the original guys got to where they are in the Passing. I am sure you will hate that too.

17. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    just finished the passing..
    meh

18. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Did they explain how bill died at all? Seems to be the other members from part 1 were completely not in tune with bill being dead unless I missed something? They were all up top of the houses\bridge doing cover fire and his body is by the generator in another room with his m16 (or whatever model it is), no explanation, no death scene...I know its free, but...wth man explain it!

19. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    L4D1 add-on coming soon will answer that. ^

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Players will get a chance to pick who dies in L4D1?