The Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by [ R ], Nov 17, 2009.

1. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    Bridge Over Trebled Slaughter? i want that too :D

2. Stromgold

Stromgold Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Yeah, the bridge achievement was hard to get. Maybe my team just got lucky? lol

One of the funnest achievements for me was Tank Burger. :p It was that hard to get, but seeing everyone grab a melee weap and beat the tank was very fun. :)

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Lol I did the bridge achievement with random people. We just sticked to the left side of the bridge all the way and we skipped the tank. It was surprisingly easy lol.

4. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe

dont reload your weapon after killing 1 zombie , use your whole clip up first and then switch to pistols / melee otherwise press R and keep right clicking it will shove back zombies while your reloading your primary =p

5. jackttt

jackttt Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 970
    i usually play with 400-1000 ping still no feeling of lag.maybe i am not hardcore.

6. sk8zophrenia

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i prefer to keep my mag full all the time. i reload everytime i get the chance, in clear area after kill some infected. u never know when u will get surrounded by them, especially when melee is not enough to push them away.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  7. sk8zophrenia

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    16 players server.. lol!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
  9. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    Fun fact that isn't so fun for me: My last five versus matches have all been decided by less than 50 points. And I was part of the losing team each time :(

At least they were all really close and exciting games right down to the end.

10. sk8zophrenia

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    at least u didnt experience what i just had yesterday. joined a jacka$$ team that shoot each other. i was reviving a player and when he got up he shot my down. during the finale they just randomly shoot other players. kylzer was there too but he was an infected. F those jacka$$!

11. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    For some reason those versus battles dont go that well for me either... last time we did team versus and first the other team voted back to lobby(again and again) then YES it happened again the next game!, and then i was like 3rd time is the charm! BUT NO! after the first lvl they wanted back to the lobby tooo WTH is wrong with these people:p

12. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    Left 4 Dead's campaigns now available in L4D2.

Played through a bit of No Mercy and it works fine. All five campaigns (Crash Course included) available for download. There's also a pack that lets you use the original survivors, but there's no audio yet, so it uses voices from the new survivors.

EDIT: In order to avoid any potential copyright violations, you should only download those packs if you have the original game installed.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  13. Stak

Stak New Member

GPU:
    MSI/N275GTXtwinfrozr/896
    i really like this game. i played a lot of nazi zombies but this really shows that nazi zombies was just a part of a game. Versus is fun but as an infected you really need the good timing. and you need to wait all the time...

the only thing i didnt like of this game was the ´hard rain´chapter. found it kinda boring. the other ones are great.
    i bought this game because i needed a good shoot em up game. played too much MW2.

but i need a nice and fun party because everyone i play with is so boring-_-. my friends dont have this game (yet). now im on vacation till next monday so im offline.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  14. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Calling all Aussies and Germans.

Has anyone found a way to get blood/gore fully working?

I have tried the appID mod, where you change the appID in steam_appid.txt and steam.ini from 550 to 510, but it seems to limit the amount of games you can find.

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

16. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Cheers, mate. That's the stuff I have going at the moment. It seems too simple to me, simply changing the ID of the game to make it think it's the Dedicated Server version.

I figured there's got to be console commands for the blood and gore, much like the same way I altered the colour scheme for items and teammates halos in L4D1.

Y'know, like: SV_BloodAndGuts 1

There's a command line to turn the gore off, -lv, why not one to turn it on?

17. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Left 4 Dead without blood must be so very dull.

18. sk8zophrenia

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    yea i watched some vids on youtube the oz version. looks kinda dull, no flying body parts or organs, and the zombies will disappear after being shot. :( isnt there any other way for oz's to get the uncensored version?

19. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    We already can, the only problem is the AppID, it only links to games with the same AppID...

So, either I mod my game, or I go on the warpath and tell everyone I meet to change thier AppID.

The whole thing stunk from day one. Some beaurecrat slams down his stamp, and we can't play the game at a decent level. I thought they'd just take out the decapitations and disemboweling, and leave the rest of the game, but it appears the Devs got lazy and just hit the big OFF switch and released the game. L4D2 is actually worse than L4D1!!

20. Stak

Stak New Member

GPU:
    MSI/N275GTXtwinfrozr/896
    i got to see that vid because like this i just cant imagine the game without blood:3eyes:. i just know it´s not right...

@inklimited ^^ same GFX card