The latest Directx9.0c (June 2006) improves performance of game play?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kevinti2005, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Syrex

Syrex Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7800 GS 256Mb @ 450C - 700M
    hehe :p

geez yes geez :p :D

JUN2006_XACT_x64.cab
    JUN2006_XACT_x86.cab

content of x86:
    jun2006_xact_x86.inf
    x3daudio1_0.dll
    xact2_2_x86.cat
    xact2_2_x86.inf
    xactengine2_2.dll

2. jon89

jon89 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1GB GDDR5
    Bro, im using SB Audigy 4.....no problems for me.......

3. TheRealZepher

TheRealZepher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    After the updated there are 18 freshly dated files shown in the 'DirectX Files' section of dxdiag, all other files show much older dates. The 18 files inc. directinput, directdraw & direct3d .dlls. How many code changes are in those 18 files is anyones guess, but the directx_jun2006_redist certainly updated those files.

4. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    So the update just makes certain games feel smoother? Has anyone actually experienced any increases in FPS?

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I haven't noticed any difference at all. I'm using omega 6.5's. All of my games run the at the same speed with the same settings. Well, only game I haven't tried is BF2 but I have tried CSS, Obv., AOE3, Q4, and Doom3. Not trying to burst anyones bubbles but just reporting my results.

6. Nave

Nave Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GS EE 256MB @ 500/1400
    Honestly, there was no difference from this update. Everything is still the same, if anything I think this made the IQ worse as I seem to notice more jaggies even with AA and AF on... sighh oh well.

7. TheRealZepher

TheRealZepher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    No difference but the IQ is worse? heh, that would be a difference then. ;)

8. Nave

Nave Master Guru

GPU:
    Not worse ..bad wording... it just seemed to be a little more jaggy than b4.

9. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    well i ran the web verison and it only download 140kb but when i ran the 55mb verison something like that it install all of the june files overwriting the old ones and now only 1 game play smooth and its gta sa. because i did't test the other games.

10. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

I had to do the same thing. The web version said everything was already up to date. The full redist version installed files dated 06/12/2006. I havent noticed any noticeable differences yet.

11. Syrex

Syrex Active Member

GPU:
    placebo, i can just repeat myself: placebo.

if the thread would have stated the game perfomance went down, and if a few people would have wrote the same, we'd have ppl claiming the games don't run smooth anymore.

But he and some others wrote the games are now smoother. You read that, and since then you are automatically thinking "hmm, yeah, the games are smoother now". your brain has stored this "smoother gameplay" information since the first time you read it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  12. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Hmm, I have some interesting news to report. Ever since I installed this new June 2006 DirectX update my processor usage is stuck at like 6-12% constantly. I used a program called rattv3 to find out it is my DPC that is sucking the processor time. I haven't narrowed it down to a specific process or file yet. Other input would be nice from others experiences. This has had a -800MB/s impact on my memory bandwidth and a -500 point impact on my 3dmark score. It only impacts gameplay a little bit. For example, I've had to turn CSS down from all max with 6xAA and 16xAF to all max with 4xAA and 8xAF to maintain the same FPS I'm used to.

13. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Somehow, somewhere, the new DirectX update managed to really screw up my onboard sound drivers. If any sound drivers were running or being used, my DCP usage in ProccessExplorer would go anywhere from 6% up to 22%. I decided to uninstall them and put some newer ones in. Now, whenever I use my onboard soundcard procesess or anything associated with it the DCP usage never goes above like 5% in the most taxing of situations. Thankfully, I ordered my Audigy 2 ZS yesterday. Once I get that in I might have time to see if disabling my onboard completely resolves this problem. I'm going out of town next monday so I might not be able to before I leave but I'll try. If you really want to help me, all the peeps with onboard sound trying opening your media player of choice while running the processexplorer program at the same time. See if your DCP sorta process thingy uses any or your processor while playing some music. Let me know if you want to. Thx in advance.

14. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    :bigsmile: Love that pic -- mind if I steal it for use on other boards ?

15. Syrex

Syrex Active Member

GPU:
    No ^.^ I posted it on 4chan once (hence the broken English (it's 4chan after all)) when I thought I need a pic to show how serious the thread is XD lol

16. Syrex

Syrex Active Member

GPU:
    No problem, he's in

Name will be MaD|CasTrateD|CaT . He is member #12.

Official TehMeanCats Clan Grafitti V1
    View attachment 1540 <- Click to enlarge

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  17. Nave

Nave Master Guru

GPU:
    wow, this topic just totally took a 360. lol

18. Sapart

Sapart Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7600GS 256MB
    DirectX didn´t install until I installed MS .NET Framework 2.0 (and enabled autoupdate service also). There are 18 new files in dxdiag now with names microsoft.directx.xxxxx.dll (instead of short names xxxx.dll) – I didn´t find them in CAB files (searched into them using WinRar). Strange flashing lines now in HOMM5 when moving (not in fight mode). Serious Sam 2 is OK, even at 20fps it’s smooth. I haven´t tried other games yet. Should I reinstall vga driver or the game, or even all DX9 games? I´m using XG 84.12 for a long time. Sound is OK.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  19. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Thx !

20. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D