The Last of Us Remastered

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Jul 6, 2014.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Thanks white

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Wow just started the game glad I waited for the PS4 version. This game is so immersive. The photo mode is really nice addition. The game will take a nice chunk of my time without me even realizing it.

3. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever play! I played it on the PS3, but when I buy a PS4 I'll be buying the remastered version day one.

4. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Well its not like anyone's going to take the movie seriously. Best thing that can happen is that it flops and the devs work their asses off for the sequel to repair their reputation.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Keep us posted with your impressions. My copy hasn't even dispatched. I still need to finish infamous, which I will do tonight, then I'm all over this. Post screenshots!

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Cancelled my Amazon order and went with ShopTo, just checked my order status, there's a pic of the game in an envelope with my address on it, will be here tomorrow. Yay.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    lol thats cool :D

8. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Looks identical to the ps3 version to me.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It's mainly just a higher resolution frome what I can tell and some highert resolution textures. The base assets of the game are the same.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You can tell what has hi-res textures and what doesn't. COnsidering I've ever playing the ps3 version, this one is new to me. But that opening sequence gets you right in the feels.

11. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Looks absolutely stunning on the PS4 :0)

Sure it is noticeable to see that it was developed for the PS3, but they done a really convincing job re-making this for PS4 ;0).

With this and Destiny out this year, im real happy that i bought a PS4!

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    My eyes were welling up glad the wife wasn't home while I was playing that I may not have lived it down (even though she can cry like a baby at the end of Frozen SMH).

13. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The game is pretty good so far. I just got to the outside where you have to run through the trench avoiding the military. I also like these cut scenes. They are are done up really well in my opinion.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Love this game so far, about 2.5 hours in, especially the 60 FPS framerate which is the biggest and most noticeable improvement over the PS3 original.

Is it me though or does the 30 FPS mode look absolutely awful in motion? I switched to it for the Photo Mode so I could have higher quality shadows. I only played the PS3 version yesterday so I know I'm not imagining it but the PS4 version's 30 FPS mode feels and looks like it is running at 20 FPS. Just panning the camera around is an eye sore. This was not a problem in the PS3 version so I don't know what Naughty Dog have done to make it actually feel worse. Both Assassin's Creed IV and Destiny have smooth locked 30 FPS framerates and The Last of Us Remaster at 30 FPS feels nothing like those.

Also, did anyone else experience hitching/stuttering during the prologue in 60 FPS mode? It seemed to disappear after the credits so I'm wondering if the game was installing or something and that is what was causing the stuttering?

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I cancelled my ShopTo.net order yesterday and ordered it from The Games Collection instead for £2 less (£33.50) and it was sent within an hour. I got my copy this morning. I will definitely be using them again! :banana:

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    My ShopTo copy was £31 after applying the points I've collected with them, they also processed my order very quick and I had the dispatch email within an hour. I will check out games collection for my future purchases, thanks for the tip.

17. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I didn't even realize there was a 30 FPS mode. As for the hitching and stuttering you mentioned, I noticed it too. But I let all my disc based games completely install before playing them. So I'm not sure what was causing it.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Yes i agree, it feels smoother ont the ps3.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I am a Gold member at ShopTo.net, the highest level you can get, yet my TLOU PS4 pre-order prior to cancelling it was showing as costing £35.95. How did you get it down to £31?

One point to mention is that my Games Collection copy was not the Day One edition so it did not come with the bonus DLC. I was not bothered about that anyway as they seemed to me to just be cheats that upgrade your skills quicker.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's so weird though how the PS4 version feels so sluggish and heavy at 30 FPS compared with the PS3 version (I still have that version and only played it a couple of days ago so I know it is not my memory playing tricks on me). That is bad enough but when you spin the camera around it looks eye-retchingly awful. I've seen some comments that the PS4 version lacks motion-blur so that might explain why it looks to hideous when rotating the camera around at 30 FPS but it doesn't explain the leaden controls.

Not that I would ever play the PS4 version at anything other than 60 FPS but I have been switching to 30 FPS mode to take screenshots as once the Day One is installed it adds much higher quality shadows.